Some folks just don't seem to get it... - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 181Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 02:34 PM

Its not the length of the truck that get to me and Im rated to drive a class A 18 wheeler tractor trailer. But I now drive a Class B truck with out a trailer as the pay is way better.

Anyway, when I drive a full size truck like a silverado its the uneeded width of the vehicle that I dont like for my personal use. I see no draw backs for me if I got a colorado crew long bed truck.

At least I dont think there are any issues with a longer colorado truck
JBT and Arctic Cat ZRT like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilschariot View Post
I built and ordered a fully loaded canyon all terrain 4x4 just going off pictures a year ago exactly and I have loved it ever Sense I took delivery. It can go off road, carry my family and friends comfortably and has all the tech of the sierra and looks with out the girth. Like Richard Rawlings likes to say.... Its a win, win, win! Would I drive a sierra....in a Heart beat, but to have the sierra shrunken down to a mid size is perfect. Besides with my lift and tires people think it's a sierra half the time anyways.lol....money well spent!
OT, but I was pulling up to a red light the other day and thought to myself, heck, silver looks pretty good on the Canyon. When I got close enough to read the back it had the Sierra letters. And that driver was looking in his mirrors at the big GMC on the front of mine, and you could see his look, yep, the WTF look. Ha.
post #43 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:52 AM

Garage
I've kind of told the wife the same thing. When you see one of the twins by themselves, they look huge. Put them next to a full size and you get the truer picture of size.

Stock 2007 Canyon ext cab 4 cyl with 5 speed
post #44 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
I've kind of told the wife the same thing. When you see one of the twins by themselves, they look huge. Put them next to a full size and you get the truer picture of size.
Memo to self: Remember to take bathing suit to Sunny Days Resort.
RatRacer likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT 4X4 V6, CC, SB.
Bronze Alloy Metallic/Cocoa Dune
Ordered 10/8/14 Picked up 12/22/14
post #45 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 07:13 PM

I didn't want full size and still don't want it. I don't want a full size truck to the extent that I would not own a truck at all if midsize did not exist. Even in this thread some people have missed the point and once again bring up pricing difference and that you can get full size for a little more. I would not of bought full size if the price was the same, it would honestly take the full size being almost 5000 CHEAPER than midsized for me to consider it. I actually use my truck for truck stuff more than most and I still don't want to have to live with a full size truck day to day. The point of my post? Not everyone would prefer full sized even if cost is not a consideration, some people bought a midsized truck because they want a midsized truck.. funny concept isn't it?
JBT, RatRacer, 100MPG and 3 others like this.
post #46 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
Its not the length of the truck that get to me and Im rated to drive a class A 18 wheeler tractor trailer. But I now drive a Class B truck with out a trailer as the pay is way better.

Anyway, when I drive a full size truck like a silverado its the uneeded width of the vehicle that I dont like for my personal use. I see no draw backs for me if I got a colorado crew long bed truck.

At least I dont think there are any issues with a longer colorado truck
The rear view camera for parking basically eliminates any issue length causes. The added width of a full size will always cause issues like the amount you have to interfere with another lane/ oncoming traffic when going around a bicycle or a car parked on the side of the road. Or having to take up the entire parking space so that others can park right next to you and your truck becomes a door ding magnet.

I actually drive full size 2500 Silverados at work and I find there to be way more little annoyances because of the size.
post #47 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
JBT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson View Post
I didn't want full size and still don't want it. I don't want a full size truck to the extent that I would not own a truck at all if midsize did not exist. Even in this thread some people have missed the point and once again bring up pricing difference and that you can get full size for a little more. I would not of bought full size if the price was the same, it would honestly take the full size being almost 5000 CHEAPER than midsized for me to consider it. I actually use my truck for truck stuff more than most and I still don't want to have to live with a full size truck day to day. The point of my post? Not everyone would prefer full sized even if cost is not a consideration, some people bought a midsized truck because they want a midsized truck.. funny concept isn't it?
This is exactly how I feel and use my truck all the time to haul stuff from Jersey to Florida. I don't want a full size truck. They are just too big. Mostly too wide. If I have to go in the city, a full size truck is a pain. I would have bought a Tacoma if the new twins didn't come out. I have owned a midsize Chevy truck since 1993. 2 S10's and 2 first generation Colorados.

2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 4x4 Extended Cab

Last edited by JBT; 09-03-2015 at 08:57 PM.
post #48 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 PM
JBT

Garage
Look at it this way, if you use a truck for work. There will always be a job too big. So if I have a Twin, the bed is 6' long and if I have a full size, the bed is 6' and a couple inches. The width is about 8" more. I am talking extended cabs, where you can put your luggage inside the truck. But the whole feel of the truck is completely different. No more fun in the snow and flying down city roads. Now you have this monster to drive around. I would not consider pricing because I would never buy a full size truck.

post #49 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 PM
JBT

Garage
This is like comparing a mini van to a sedan. It just doesn't make any sense when you say " I can buy this for the same price" Buy the size vehicle that you like. If you don't care about the size of your truck and just want the best deal then, shop around. Good Luck

Last edited by JBT; 09-03-2015 at 10:09 PM.
post #50 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 09:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson View Post
The rear view camera for parking basically eliminates any issue length causes. The added width of a full size will always cause issues like the amount you have to interfere with another lane/ oncoming traffic when going around a bicycle or a car parked on the side of the road. Or having to take up the entire parking space so that others can park right next to you and your truck becomes a door ding magnet.

I actually drive full size 2500 Silverados at work and I find there to be way more little annoyances because of the size.

For my wife, it wasn't necessarily backing out of the parking spots as it was just getting the full sized turned and into the spots and then worry that you got it in far enough for people to get around you.

Stock 2007 Canyon ext cab 4 cyl with 5 speed
post #51 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 11:14 AM

When they say you could have had a full size for the same price I suspect they're comparing apples and oranges. The accessory packages can really drive up the price. I was looking really hard at the aluminum F150. I travel - need navigation and satellite radio. I trailer - need backup camera. Etc. The way Ford assembles/prices their packages I was looking at a $48k list. Same capabilities with the Canyon listed for $38k. Yes, Fords did have a leather interior that I didn't want. Actually I wish you could get a more basic truck with those types of accessories. I don't need my truck to be like a tricked-out SUV.
post #52 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:08 PM
CFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncskibum View Post
Sit in a Sierra or load some stuff in the bed. Then do the same with a Canyon, the size difference is very apparent.
post #53 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougE View Post
When they say you could have had a full size for the same price I suspect they're comparing apples and oranges. The accessory packages can really drive up the price. I was looking really hard at the aluminum F150. I travel - need navigation and satellite radio. I trailer - need backup camera. Etc. The way Ford assembles/prices their packages I was looking at a $48k list. Same capabilities with the Canyon listed for $38k. Yes, Fords did have a leather interior that I didn't want. Actually I wish you could get a more basic truck with those types of accessories. I don't need my truck to be like a tricked-out SUV.
I just looked and my local dealership is offering a public discount of $9600 off a Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4. MSPR $44,800 discounted to $35,200 and none of the discounts are hokey or finance-related. They have a Colorado Crew 4x4 but are not offering any discount whatsoever so that price is $35,800 and they have another for $38,000. So even though the Silverado sticker is $9K higher, it's actually cheaper than the Colorado. I know many guys don't want full size trucks but this pricing turns things upside down for some people.
post #54 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Garage
Let us ponder the question,
Why are there so many,hugely discounted half ton GM trucks available?

1. Production projections outpaced sales projections? Possibly.

2. Initial cost to buy vehicle?eh.maybe.

3.fuel mileage? Getting warm.

4. Outdated boxy design and styling? Now we're getting somewhere.

5. Drivability and handling? We are hot on the trail now.

6.50,000+ customers who snatched up every Colorado and Canyon that came off the production line the minute they hit the dealers floor?BINGO!

You guys who are looking at these 10,000 + dollar discount on the full size pimped out (tanks) trucks should thank those of us who bought the twins 4 some of that discount.
Look if you're into ill handling, gas guzzling, boxy looking(tanks) Trucks or just can't live without a V8 more power to you.

I personally love my 2015 Colorado flaws, recalls and all. The way it drives , fuel consumption and styling can't be matched . I would not trade it for a $50,000 Denali straight up but that's just me.
Oh and your welcome.
JBT, Renthal, beater_bug and 4 others like this.
post #55 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 09:20 PM

Garage
As a new owner of a '15 Canyon and coming from a full size Tahoe I am loving the mid size truck. It rides great and the SLT leathered out package is very classy (I had the Tahoe Limited which was also loaded). Gas mileage is much better and it has pretty good power although I have not towed with it yet. I definitely did the "full size vs mid size" thing while shopping but for what I wanted the mid size Canyon is a better fit for us. and yes those Sierra's and Denali's are definitely pretty nice too. :)

2013 GMC Terrain SLT2 Iridium Metallic
2013 GMC Canyon SLT Bronze Alloy Metallic
<><
post #56 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougE View Post
You can get all that on a stripped down canyon, not sure on the navigation but your phone is probably way better than the stock navigation. I priced a 2wd extended cab with the V6, towing package, back up camera, I think it even had all the steering wheel controls for 29k.
post #57 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 10:55 AM

wildwest50 - part of my effort was to eliminate all the wires from aftermarket accessories as well.
post #58 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:55 AM

I got my 2015 Laser Blue Z71 Crew Cab, 5ft. bed, with tow package, etc for $33.575 out the door. Runs great ( 6,550 miles since March) get good gas mileage and pulls my 22ft. camper like a champ and nice quiet ride. What's not to like about that ?

2015 Laser Blue Colorado CC Z71 Long Bed
post #59 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 12:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidc View Post
I got my 2015 Laser Blue Z71 Crew Cab, 5ft. bed, with tow package, etc for $33.575 out the door. Runs great ( 6,550 miles since March) get good gas mileage and pulls my 22ft. camper like a champ and nice quiet ride. What's not to like about that ?
Do you mind me asking what dealership you bought from?
post #60 of 157 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 12:51 PM

2016 Chevrolet Colorado for sale in Lawrenceville - 1GCGTDE34G1113938 - Albright Motor Company

This one just came in last week. Sitting on the lot this morning when I drove by. $36,985.00.

2015 Colorado WT, Extended Cab, 4X2, V6, SOLD after 6 months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode