Stake hole plugs - must read - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 10:07 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DasGoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrubicon View Post
No problem brother! I'm a Coastie stationed up here in Michigan on the CGC Mackinaw. I'm on an ice breaker this tour but when I was on the Spencer out of Boston and we would be out on patrol down in the Caribbean or south of the equator and we knew when you guys were around. We could always here your sonar echoing of the hull as we laid in our racks at night.
My cousin and a really good friend of mine were both also nukes. Now they work in nuke plants in the civilian sector.
Sure they were having fun with their active sonar. Most of them do not run around pinging away. WE prefer to sneak in. You would be shocked if you could see how far we could track some ships...... Incredible technology.

Yeah..... i did 12 years and would have done civilian nuclear power but I prefer Western US. Not as many opportunities out here, but got in the Semiconductor industry ......... 15 years ago! Still at it! Industry full of Nukes.....

DasGoob
"Nothing is foolproof when you have a sufficiently talented fool"
'16 Colorado, Summit White, Z71 mud mats, LED everything in cab, LED cargo and B/U lights, LED bed lights, 12VDC outlets bed, Undercover Flex, Pop n Lock for Tailgate, LED front Turn signals, LED Tail lights, LED Rock Lights, 32" LED Light Bar in bumper, Weathertech mud flaps, Rocky Road Outfitters rock sliders, Patriotic Z71 decals, Elite Catch Can, Dash Cam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 11:09 PM

I'm at 16 years now, 4 more years to go! We'll see where the next tour takes me for my last tour before I retire.
captain.russ and DasGoob like this.
post #23 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 09:06 AM

Question - slightly off kilter here. This is regarding the front stake holes. Do you just carve them out yourself if you need access to them?
post #24 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 02:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusid View Post
Question - slightly off kilter here. This is regarding the front stake holes. Do you just carve them out yourself if you need access to them?
Lusid, I do not remember anyone doing it themselves, although I do not think it would be a difficult thing to do. Everyone I have seen that has decided to remove the spot did so by taking to the dealership. I am sure it can be done, however, as the guides are there as are the stake pockets.

DasGoob
'16 Colorado, Summit White, Z71 mud mats, LED everything in cab, LED cargo and B/U lights, LED bed lights, 12VDC outlets bed, Undercover Flex, Pop n Lock for Tailgate, LED front Turn signals, LED Tail lights, LED Rock Lights, 32" LED Light Bar in bumper, Weathertech mud flaps, Rocky Road Outfitters rock sliders, Patriotic Z71 decals, Elite Catch Can, Dash Cam

post #25 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 05:04 PM

Garage
Sorry for not responding the past few days, I have been pretty busy. I just sent payment and shipping info. Thank you.

16' Trail Boss with all of the goodies: K&N Intake removed - Loudest intake EVER, K&N Drop-In, Weather Tech Mud Flaps, Valentine One Mirror install, Diode Dynamics LEDs 5000k: (Low(HID), Fogs(XML2), Reverse(XP50), Switchbacks, Lic. Plate, Full Interior,...), More coming...
post #26 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 05:26 PM

"Don't worry, Be happy."
DasGoob likes this.
post #27 of 80 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey shipmate!!!
post #28 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.russ View Post
Hey shipmate!!!
Havent heard that term in a long time

post #29 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
We use it all the time in the USCG....semper paratus!!!
Ghost_Canyon and CGrubicon like this.
post #30 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Hey shipmate!!!
Hey shipmate! I wonder how many of us are on here? Maybe they could start a military member section.
captain.russ and DasGoob like this.

Order placed with dealership - 3/11/16

Dealer placed order with GM - 3/14/16

Target Production Week (TPW) - 4/4

Event code 3400 - 4/5/16

Given VIN and shipped - 4/12/16

Delivered to dealership - 4/23/16

Finally back home and picked up my Canyon! 5/1/16!

2016 GMC Canyon SLT
Crew Cab Short Bed
2.8 Duramax
Onyx Black
Cocoa/Dune interior
post #31 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 12:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrubicon View Post
Hey shipmate! I wonder how many of us are on here? Maybe they could start a military member section.
I bet a lot more of us than you would think
captain.russ and CGrubicon like this.
post #32 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Garage
standard size , thanks
post #33 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Garage
Just installed mine. They look great and serv their purpose well. I hope I never have to take them out because I banged on them pretty good to get them to sit as flush as possible. Big thanks as this definitely cleans up the holes nicely.
DasGoob likes this.
post #34 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
we use it all the time in the uscg....semper paratus!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrubicon View Post
hey shipmate! I wonder how many of us are on here? Maybe they could start a military member section.
<----usn
captain.russ and CGrubicon like this.

post #35 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Garage
MM1/(SS) Nuke Served on USS Henry M Jackson (SSBN-730) and USS Bremerton (SSN-69.
captain.russ likes this.

DasGoob

post #36 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 02:58 PM

Garage
I'm a 'plank owner' on SSBN 740, (The Rhode Island). She was commissioned July '94 but I'm not Navy. I did my actual service on land in the Army ('65 - '67) .
captain.russ likes this.

2016 LT extended cab V6
post #37 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 04:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfbcobra View Post
I'm a 'plank owner' on SSBN 740, (The Rhode Island). She was commissioned July '94 but I'm not Navy. I did my actual service on land in the Army ('65 - '67) .
Funny, because the first Sub I served on, USS Henry M. Jackson (SSBN 730) was originally due to be commissioned the Rhode Island. However, the Senator from Washington State who was instrumental in helping the funding process and push for the Trident Sub program passed away so they changed the name before commissioning and pushed the Rhode Island out to 740.
captain.russ likes this.

DasGoob

post #38 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 08:31 PM

Garage
Interesting tid bit. Thanks

2016 LT extended cab V6
post #39 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 01:54 PM

Garage
Gentlemen,

Snag hit. So there have been two people that have had the stake pocket covers come loose over time and one who lost the cover due to the looseness. One of these members were sent a prototype to see how they fare in that part of the country, the other I will provide covers for when we can verify the new design works.

Yet another design I have put into my truck state covers. So far the standard type (the ones I had in my truck for months now) seem to hold up fine, but the flush type are the ones with the issues.

For those of you with flush mount style already (@captain.russ , @caspian , @Southside , @CRAIGER , @edsd90 , @trlboss , @dentdave , @HeliCarson , @Masplumber , @schultzy375 , @Sentry_FE10 , @USMC7011 , @jabberszl1 ), Please take a look at yours and if loose, please apply some two sided adhesive tape, like 3M, and do so just under the lip at the top of these units. That should be what is needed to stop any further loosening. If you cannot get a hold of some 2 sided tape, please PM me and I can cut you a length and send in an envelope. If you are not comfortable with that, we can put you on the list for replacements when the new design is done, OR refund money. I am an honest guy and want what is best for everyone.

Those that are on waiting list: Please be patient as we resolve the issue and overcome the yet unexplained shrinkage issue. We will try a few different iterations to come to a conclusion and get the improved version out there. We are considering changing material type as well, but that requires even more time as the melting point is higher.

Stay tuned. More to follow. SORRY to everyone out there. Really just wanted to share something cool and now feel like I am letting you down.
CGrubicon likes this.

DasGoob

post #40 of 80 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 05:25 PM

Sounds good DasGoob. I'm sure they will be worth the wait! I'll be looking forward to hearing from you when the new ones are ready to go.
captain.russ likes this.

Order placed with dealership - 3/11/16

Dealer placed order with GM - 3/14/16

Target Production Week (TPW) - 4/4

Event code 3400 - 4/5/16

Given VIN and shipped - 4/12/16

Delivered to dealership - 4/23/16

Finally back home and picked up my Canyon! 5/1/16!

2016 GMC Canyon SLT
Crew Cab Short Bed
2.8 Duramax
Onyx Black
Cocoa/Dune interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode