Calling all ladies - Page 5 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Welcome!!! It's fun to customize!! It makes it 'yours'!!

We gotta keep this lady thread alive-n-kickin. We're out there but I don't think he ladies visit as often. :)

I just can't wait until the warm weather gets here.....I'll personally be in a better mood to do things!
I hear ya! I have door sill decals to apply, and awaiting a Husqvarna decal from a friend that will be going on the rear window.

I'm also considering some other uses for the PlastiDip... maybe a hood stripe? And I'm looking at that big while blob on the back of the mirrors wondering if they would look better in black...

Did I mention I love my truck? lol

Why I really can't wait for warmer weather for is some fun/cool photos of the truck. I need to get some shots with the dirt bikes! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HusqyChik View Post
I hear ya! I have door sill decals to apply, and awaiting a Husqvarna decal from a friend that will be going on the rear window.

I'm also considering some other uses for the PlastiDip... maybe a hood stripe? And I'm looking at that big while blob on the back of the mirrors wondering if they would look better in black...

Did I mention I love my truck? lol

Why I really can't wait for warmer weather for is some fun/cool photos of the truck. I need to get some shots with the dirt bikes! lol
:) C'mon warm weather!! I don't have enough photos of the truck...I've been winging it and they're certainly not 'show me' kinda shots. I need some more photos!! LOL

I had an idea for graphics and actually bought some online for pretty cheap. But, I want to 'expand' on the design to have to go around the back of the bed, tailgate, and hood. I tried calling people /manufacturer and it would've cost arm/leg to have it done (custom). I need to visit our local vinyl guy who did my tinted windows and ask him about the design/vinyl work - how much, etc. That requires me to take a vacation day off work. We've got other house projects going on and want to schedule all of them (contractor visits) on the same day!

I hate wasting vacation days for shit like that.

I really wanted body colored everything. I'm not much of a chrome lover - it's growing on me though. It just depends on cost. I've seen the body color grills. Body colored mirrors. I'd love a body colored rear bumper. I'm not one to paint that shit myself (it'd look like shit if I did it). Besides....I'd rather use the money to go on mini vacations! I don't 'need' all that stuff. LOL

I think black wheels would look awesome also....but again...I dont' 'need it'.

We'll see...right now, I'm in a crappy winter time lazy mood. Once the mood wakes up, I'll have more energy to (and wants) to do things! LOL
Toughsox and HusqyChik like this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
:) C'mon warm weather!! I don't have enough photos of the truck...I've been winging it and they're certainly not 'show me' kinda shots. I need some more photos!! LOL

I had an idea for graphics and actually bought some online for pretty cheap. But, I want to 'expand' on the design to have to go around the back of the bed, tailgate, and hood. I tried calling people /manufacturer and it would've cost arm/leg to have it done (custom). I need to visit our local vinyl guy who did my tinted windows and ask him about the design/vinyl work - how much, etc. That requires me to take a vacation day off work. We've got other house projects going on and want to schedule all of them (contractor visits) on the same day!

I hate wasting vacation days for shit like that.

I really wanted body colored everything. I'm not much of a chrome lover - it's growing on me though. It just depends on cost. I've seen the body color grills. Body colored mirrors. I'd love a body colored rear bumper. I'm not one to paint that shit myself (it'd look like shit if I did it). Besides....I'd rather use the money to go on mini vacations! I don't 'need' all that stuff. LOL

I think black wheels would look awesome also....but again...I dont' 'need it'.

We'll see...right now, I'm in a crappy winter time lazy mood. Once the mood wakes up, I'll have more energy to (and wants) to do things! LOL
Right? I had a Terrain before the truck. Chrome all over the damn place. For one, the chloride they put on our road etches it bad and it didn't look good for long, and another, its BLINDING. It was on the arm of the side mirrors, all over the console, and every time you had the sun at the right angle, you're driving with one hand blocking the glare. It was horrible. I was thrilled to death that the chrome trim on the interior is at a minimum. Now to figure out what to do about the chrome around the Chevy logo in the middle of the steering wheel that has blinded me a couple of times already.

Oh, and the whole painting coming out bad thing... that's why I'm going to give the PlastiDip a try. Hate it? Peel it off! Wicked cool! If I absolutely love the wheels black, I will then consider getting them done more permanently. I figured $500 for a set of wheels and tires (just over 2k miles on them) wasn't a huge investment. If I bought custom wheels, I'd likely invest at least that much and not have a spare set of tires. ;)
Janster likes this.
post #84 of 84 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Get ready for the SNOWBAGEDDEN today!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode