Auto Show Rebates - Frontier & Tacoma up to $1,500 _ GM Colorado=NONE - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
DetroitMuscle!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Frozen Tundra
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
In the next two years when the Ranger and Wrangler are out there, when maybe there is a new Frontier, Fiat has introduced there El Camino replacement, then GM will probably be offering some deals.
This. Prices will plummet when GM all of a sudden becomes the oldest model among 7 midsize trucks.
DetroitMuscle! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Member
 
caseih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Wis
Posts: 93
Garage
When I was searching for a new Colorado last month. One of the dealers that I was dealing with found a truck that I could live with that was about 200 miles away. This was last month when Chevy had $1000 Tag Event coupons on certain 2017's and $3000 on 2016's. I decided that I wanted to move up to a 2017 for the extra $2000 IF the dealer could find a $1000 tag unit last month. (yes I was willing to pay more for the new engine & transmission after test driving a 2016 as I keep my vehicles for 10 years or more) The truck that matched the closest to what I wanted did not have a tag at the time. I verbally committed to the truck without seeing it, they transferred it before the end of the month, and about a week into February there was a $3000 tag discount on it that also showed up on the unit on Chevy's online vehicle locator. With the $3000 tag discount and a GM Card $1000 February bonus, we made the deal. How does the GM Tag Event work? I've no idea if it is the dealer or GM that selects which vehicles, but the vehicles are designated on the vehicle locator listings.

2016 Equinox LT AWD/ 3.6 V6 /Patriot Blue
2017 Colorado LT 4WD Extended Cab/ 3.6 V6/ Silver Ice Metallic
caseih is offline  
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseih View Post
With the $3000 tag discount and a GM Card $1000 February bonus, we made the deal. How does the GM Tag Event work? I've no idea if it is the dealer or GM that selects which vehicles, but the vehicles are designated on the vehicle locator listings.
Wow. . . you lucked out.
Yeah, that's the thing, some of these Rebate, Bonus Cash, "Special Offer", etc are hit and miss. My dealer says whatever is available will pop up on the computer and automatically apply when they work up the final purchase invoice. Don't know that I trust . .the "computer".
These rebates used to be more above board and clearly shown or even advertised when you were interested in making a purchase.

Hoping someone may find out if the Chicago Auto Show GM folks have any $750 coupons to hand out this year on Colorado/Canyon.
Anybody have won they won't be using??
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Anyone at the Chicago Auto Show today?

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-17-2017 at 03:16 PM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Senior Member
 
BeastStarr68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Concord NC
Posts: 561
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Good question. . . Some dealers. . quite a bit!

And as far as flying to "Laura" goes, some of us do not have that luxury to take the time or $$$ to do it. Plus, a better question is, why should a customer have to fly anywhere to get a modest Auto Show Rebate?

It would be nice for the General to do something for Colorado/Canyon buyers in the spirit of the Annual Auto Shows ..
Time or money??? You will save thousands of dollars and as far as time...unless you work 6 or 7 days a week. Arrange everything over the phone. Fly up early Saturday morning and drive home. Unless you live on a coast or extreme Southwest or SouthEast you will be home for supper Sunday evening. One night in a hotel to break up the drive. You may spend 2 to 4 hundred plus fuel cost to save literally thousands of dollars. Unless you have a trade in to deal with I can see no downside to going to Laura. Unless you just do not like driving...then I guess I can understand.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
BeastStarr68 is offline  
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStarr68 View Post
Time or money??? You will save thousands of dollars and as far as time...unless you work 6 or 7 days a week. Arrange everything over the phone. Fly up early Saturday morning and drive home. Unless you live on a coast or extreme Southwest or SouthEast you will be home for supper Sunday evening. One night in a hotel to break up the drive. You may spend 2 to 4 hundred plus fuel cost to save literally thousands of dollars. Unless you have a trade in to deal with I can see no downside to going to Laura. Unless you just do not like driving...then I guess I can understand.
Well, maybe,

There are those of us who also do not find a truck configured to what we need or want . . . and would end up spending $2K to $4K or more to get something close. Not to mention exterior/interior colors, which, I could forgo, but still have to buy a long bed, 4WD, an SLT or All Terrain, etc.

For instance, I just checked Laura this morning as I have done for several weeks now. Nothing close in a Canyon configuration similar to a 2WD Colorado LT CCSB, V6, Cyber Gray Metallic, Convenience Pkg, Luxury Pkg & Tow Pkg which I can get for $32K or a bit less. I would have to ante up to a higher trim level Canyon to get what is with those packages in the Colorado I just outlined.

Everything they have is either long bed, a base model, or something in 4WD that still would cost me +$34K to +$36K . . in other words, at least $2K more than what I need/want. They have 3 or 4 bare bone base models in 2WD CCSB for about $26K and then it goes right up to $36K, and then on up to 4WD and/or diesels for $38K.

In other words. . nothing in 2WD with CCSB, V6, power/heated Dvr/Psngr seats + the other goodies that comes with those Colorado Convenience and Luxury packages.

Which is why it would be nice for the "General" to offer just a little Auto Show rebate . . . and I would smile a bit more.

So, yes, Laura has some great prices if you want what they have and seem to repeatedly order for their stock. Yup, about 96 Canyons there right now and, for me, either buy a long bed(nope), a base model (nope) or 4WD and a higher trim level $$$$.
BeastStarr68 likes this.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-17-2017 at 02:44 PM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Any news on GM *Special* Auto Show rebate coupons for Canyon or Colorado?

Last year some said they had coupons they had if you asked the "right" Rep at the GM booths.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:23 PM
Senior Member
 
BeastStarr68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Concord NC
Posts: 561
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Well, maybe,

There are those of us who also do not find a truck configured to what we need or want . . . and would end up spending $2K to $4K or more to get something close. Not to mention exterior/interior colors, which, I could forgo, but still have to buy a long bed, 4WD, an SLT or All Terrain, etc.

For instance, I just checked Laura this morning as I have done for several weeks now. Nothing close in a Canyon configuration similar to a 2WD Colorado LT CCSB, V6, Cyber Gray Metallic, Convenience Pkg, Luxury Pkg & Tow Pkg which I can get for $32K or a bit less. I would have to ante up to a higher trim level Canyon to get what is with those packages in the Colorado I just outlined.

Everything they have is either long bed, a base model, or something in 4WD that still would cost me +$34K to +$36K . . in other words, at least $2K more than what I need/want. They have 3 or 4 bare bone base models in 2WD CCSB for about $26K and then it goes right up to $36K, and then on up to 4WD and/or diesels for $38K.

In other words. . nothing in 2WD with CCSB, V6, power/heated Dvr/Psngr seats + the other goodies that comes with those Colorado Convenience and Luxury packages.

Which is why it would be nice for the "General" to offer just a little Auto Show rebate . . . and I would smile a bit more.

So, yes, Laura has some great prices if you want what they have and seem to repeatedly order for their stock. Yup, about 96 Canyons there right now and, for me, either buy a long bed(nope), a base model (nope) or 4WD and a higher trim level $$$$.
Gotcha!!!

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
BeastStarr68 is offline  
post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
naskie18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: not here
Posts: 13,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
There is a 1K President's Day incentive going on now that ends soon. No doubt there will be another one for Memorial Day. That is when I plan to do the Laura or Everett thing. Of course that means buying a Canyon, but that is OK, I like the Colorado, but prefer the interior of the Canyon.
A quick google search for me a few weeks ago revealed Bomnin Chevrolet in Miami is supposedly the Laura equivalent if you prefer a Colorado. Had a 2017 Dmax listed last week for around $32, though I don't know if it's still there or what any of the options were.


Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18


Last edited by naskie18; 02-17-2017 at 06:41 PM.
naskie18 is offline  
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
There is a 1K President's Day incentive going on now that ends soon. No doubt there will be another one for Memorial Day.

Would like to see where it says the $1,000 Presidents Day will apply to Colorado and Canyon.

All I see is Sierra and Silverado for trucks that it will apply to.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 64
Garage
Two things:

Discounts are nice because they make it easy, but really no different than negotiating. Research, decide what you are willing to pay, and tell the dealer. How you get to that price doesn't matter.

Now, if they won't deal like you often see with popular cars and brands... well, that's economics. They made a certain number of vehicles, and have a certain profit in mind. If they get that, why deal? Especially if they can't even meet demand like gm has been doing with the twins. Only when needed will they discount to move more vehicles. That's just smart business; if they can sell 100% of what they make for 30k, they don't need to sell a single one for 29.5k.
stealth13777 is offline  
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth13777 View Post
Two things:

Discounts are nice because they make it easy, but really no different than negotiating. Research, decide what you are willing to pay, and tell the dealer. How you get to that price doesn't matter.
.

Oh. . . discounts are way different than "negotiation". But that is besides the point..

There are rebates on quite a bit of the time, but they are not equitable. For instance, there is GM Card "Bonus Cash" or sometimes referred to as "Top Off" which is an additional amount to whatever you have in built up reward $. They offer this by means of personal mailing. What is not equitable is that one person may get $3,000, another $1,500, and yet some only $750. Why? It is never explained.

Price negotiation is highly dealer dependent and a mystery why one dealer can offer more off than GMS pricing or even more off than currently working GM employees get on a purchase. How is that possible . . . all other factors being equal at a particular time? There are apparently rules from GM to dealers as to what discounts can be applied, yet some dealers seem to circumvent that. They seem to somehow apply ALL possible rebates whether a buyer is qualified or not. Not sure how.
The whole thing is rather arbitrary

We could discuss the philosophy and implementation of dealer/factory discounts all day. . .

But what about this "President's Day " incentive of $1,000 that someone has asserted is available on Colorado/Canyon?

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-18-2017 at 06:45 AM.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 327
I hate haggling so bad, I am literally willing to fly to Laura, buy the truck for a very good fixed no haggle price, and drive home. I showed a sales manager at a prominent high volume local dealer Laura's pricing, offered their price plus $750 (about what I figure the time, expenses and hassle factor of the trip is worth to me), he got mad at me, so it is off to Indiana I go. It really is an easy decision for me to make.

I may not like to haggle, but I also do not like to overpay for things either.

Last edited by Duken4evr; 02-18-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Duken4evr is offline  
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
so it is off to Indiana (?) I go. It really is an easy decision for me to make.
.
Hope you go to Illionois instead. . . . Is where Laura GMC is.
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
BeastStarr68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Concord NC
Posts: 561
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
I hate haggling so bad, I am literally willing to fly to Laura, buy the truck for a very good fixed no haggle price, and drive home. I showed a sales manager at a prominent high volume local dealer Laura's pricing, offered their price plus $750 (about what I figure the time, expenses and hassle factor of the trip is worth to me), he got mad at me, so it is off to Indiana I go. It really is an easy decision for me to make.

I may not like to haggle, but I also do not like to overpay for things either.
Yeah you will be wanting to fly into St. Louis and have someone from Laura GMC pick you up at the airport. Indiana will not be good!!!!

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
BeastStarr68 is offline  
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 327
Yep, St. Louis. Frontier flights from Denver are $50 if chosen carefully. I can suffer with Frontier for a couple hours.

Indiana, Illinois - always confusing those states. Like the Blues Brothers, I am on a mission from God to buy this darn truck, and you know the BB tore it up in Illinois, home of the famed Cook County Assessor's office. So loved that movie - haha...
Duken4evr is offline  
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
404 Not Found's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Any news on GM *Special* Auto Show rebate coupons for Canyon or Colorado?

Last year some said they had coupons they had if you asked the "right" Rep at the GM booths.
I went to the Toronto show today. There were no coupons, only a thing where you could enter a draw to win $750 off a truck. Sorry.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
404 Not Found is offline  
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
GraniteBlue05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upper Central Midwest
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404 Not Found View Post
I went to the Toronto show today. There were no coupons, only a thing where you could enter a draw to win $750 off a truck. Sorry.

No Woories. . Thanks! I did not have my hopes up. ...

Spy anything you might want to trade for now? lol
GraniteBlue05 is offline  
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
404 Not Found's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
No Woories. . Thanks! I did not have my hopes up. ...

Spy anything you might want to trade for now? lol
Nothing I want to trade for but they had this truck on display.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170218_101814.jpg (219.3 KB, 13 views)

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
404 Not Found is offline  
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 1,572
While we all like our $$$, when the time is right to buy your new vehicle, its great if they plop out a rebate but to me, I go in expecting to pay what I think is fair and if there are some hidden freebies I get along the way, then its all gravy.
But, LOL.....telling me what rebates are on vehicles I wasnt interested in would not sway me 1 bit.

Loved my Gen 1 Collie, ordered my 2016 Collie site unseen as they never had the configurations I wanted.....and couldn't be happier with what I got. (Although, shocker to my wife and I, we ordered the Z71 having never seen one so, it was an eye opener seeing how much taller it is....not to mention I have to lift her butt a little as she tries to get in to mine. LOL

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
Toughsox is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome