Auto Show Rebates - Frontier & Tacoma up to $1,500 _ GM Colorado=NONE - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Auto Show Rebates - Frontier & Tacoma up to $1,500 _ GM Colorado=NONE

It's the time of the year for customary 2017 Auto Show rebates and 2017 Nissan Frontier has a $1,500 rebate and Tacoma has at least $500. Some other up to $750.
Chevy & GMC full size $$$$.

Only Cash you might get is if you have a GM card,

Was set on a new 2017 Colorado or GMC Canyon. . . will now consider the others.

GM. . .. where's the bonus cash?

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-14-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:10 AM

GMC still has "special offer" up to $5K off for some 2016 models:

for example
Build & Locate A Small Pickup Truck: 2016 Canyon
that is going to be $7K off with a dealer discount (the same truck)
2016 GMC Canyon for sale in Stroudsburg - 1GTH6CE37G1376835 - Abeloff Buick GMC

do your reseach
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-nj View Post
GMC still has "special offer" up to $5K off for some 2016 models:

for example
Build & Locate A Small Pickup Truck: 2016 Canyon
that is going to be $7K off with a dealer discount (the same truck)
2016 GMC Canyon for sale in Stroudsburg - 1GTH6CE37G1376835 - Abeloff Buick GMC

do your reseach
Nothing on 2017 NEW models. ... 2017 is this year. ..

2016 was last year. . .

Check your calendar. .. it's 2017.
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 AM

My salesman told me they can get 10-12 Colorado's in a month and seldom have more than 2 or 3 on the lot at a time. There are 4 Chevy dealers within 35 miles of me and none of them usually have over 3 to 4 Colorado's on the lot. So I doubt there will any bonus cash anytime soon as fast as they seem to be getting them sold.

Nissan probably needs to offer $3500 instead of 1500 to move trucks. And Toyota must be feeling the pressure from GM to offer $500. In my area Toyota dealers have been hard nosed on their prices for years.

2016 Colorado CCLB 4X4 Brownstone
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:28 AM

That just goes to show you who is selling better lol, we can't make the Colorado parts fast enough and they are asking for more over time every week.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:35 AM

my local dealer sells 2017 models $1K-1.5K below MSRP

Search GMC Canyon Models in Cranbury | New & Used cars in Cranbury, NJ | Buick & GMC | Perrine Buick GMC

I guess you can lower that price with good negotiation skills. I hate that process so I bought OLD 2016 but with huge discount.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
My salesman told me they can get 10-12 Colorado's in a month and seldom have more than 2 or 3 on the lot at a time. There are 4 Chevy dealers within 35 miles of me and none of them usually have over 3 to 4 Colorado's on the lot. So I doubt there will any bonus cash anytime soon as fast as they seem to be getting them sold.

Nissan probably needs to offer $3500 instead of 1500 to move trucks. And Toyota must be feeling the pressure from GM to offer $500. In my area Toyota dealers have been hard nosed on their prices for years.
Agreed. . .. but there should at least be some "Loyalty $$$" or something regardless of how well they are selling. And Auto Show time was always a traditional way to spur a few more sales before Spring buying season. Nissan, Toyota and others see that.

Dealers around my area vary with the number of vehicles on their lots for Colorado/Canyon. Some have 3 or 4 while others have 15 to 25.

Buyers will look at all choices these days. I would think GM would take notice of that. $750 or $500 for a few weeks Auto Show rebate wouldn't kill them.
Tucker likes this.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:48 AM

Nissan is selling a 10 plus year old truck. Toyota is selling a 10 plus year old truck that got some cosmetic surgery. GM is selling a 2 year old truck. In the next two years when the Ranger and Wrangler are out there, when maybe there is a new Frontier, Fiat has introduced there El Camino replacement, then GM will probably be offering some deals.

You didn't mention what rebate Honda was offering on the Ridgeline?

If a $500 rebate on a $35K truck is a game changer for you, then make your choice and get on down the road.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to haulingnothing
All anyone has to do to save big on GM trucks is wait until the end of the model year. Right around the time the new model year becomes available to buy, there WILL be leftovers on the lots and they WILL be discounted $5,000 or more. Anyone who bought a 2016 Colorado in the last couple months knows what I'm talking about.
kastnea and troyus like this.

2016 Colorado - 2WD Extended Cab LT V6 - Laser Blue - Shoreline Edition

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
- - - make your choice and get on down the road.

Oh. . I intend to.

And $500 can buy some nice accessory item.
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
It's the time of the year for customary 2017 Auto Show rebates and 2017 Nissan Frontier has a $1,500 rebate and Tacoma has at least $500. Some other up to $750.

Dude, if you are in the "Upper Central Midwest" just fly/drive to Laura Buick/GMC and get 15% - 18% off MSRP on the 2017's including duramax engines. Easy choice.
ak-nj likes this.

2016 GMC Canyon SLT: CCSB 4x4, 2.8L Duramax, Summit White, Bull Ring side wall anchors, AMP Research Powerstep, Rugged Cover Tri-Fold Tonneau, WeatherTech Mudflaps

Planned Mods:
Homelink
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 AM

Garage
Quote:

But how much are they moving off the sticker price before applying the rebates?
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
But how much are they moving off the sticker price before applying the rebates?
Good question. . . Some dealers. . quite a bit!

And as far as flying to "Laura" goes, some of us do not have that luxury to take the time or $$$ to do it. Plus, a better question is, why should a customer have to fly anywhere to get a modest Auto Show Rebate?

It would be nice for the General to do something for Colorado/Canyon buyers in the spirit of the Annual Auto Shows ..
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 AM

There is a 1K President's Day incentive going on now that ends soon. No doubt there will be another one for Memorial Day. That is when I plan to do the Laura or Everett thing. Of course that means buying a Canyon, but that is OK, I like the Colorado, but prefer the interior of the Canyon.

For me the time and cost to fly and buy ($50 Frontier flight, if chosen right, 780 mile drive home) is worth the 6K in savings on the SLT diesel I plan to buy vs. my local dealers. It actually sounds kind of fun :)
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
There is a 1K President's Day incentive going on now that ends soon. No doubt there will be another one for Memorial Day. That is when I plan to do the Laura or Everett thing. Of course that means buying a Canyon, but that is OK, I like the Colorado, but prefer the interior of the Canyon.

For me the time and cost to fly and buy ($50 Frontier flight, if chosen right, 780 mile drive home) is worth the 6K in savings on the SLT diesel I plan to buy vs. my local dealers. It actually sounds kind of fun :)
Is the "Presidents Day" incentive on 2017 Colorado/Canyon?
If so. . please, do you have a link to it?

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 02-14-2017 at 10:07 AM.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Good question. . . Some dealers. . quite a bit!

And as far as flying to "Laura" goes, some of us do not have that luxury to take the time or $$$ to do it. Plus, a better question is, why should a customer have to fly anywhere to get a modest Auto Show Rebate?

It would be nice for the General to do something for Colorado/Canyon buyers in the spirit of the Annual Auto Shows ..
Well, we can all agree that Laura's business model is a wee bit different than all the other dealers.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:07 AM

Speaking of Laura, look at this big guy they have there. I like it. Its a new 2016.

Plasti-Dipped badges - Air dam delete - DRL switch mod - OPT7 LED low beams - Moroso catch can - Pedal Commander
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Is the "Presidents Day" incentive on Colorado/Canyon?
If so. . please, do you have a link to it?
It expires today, see the attached. I have a "price watch" at Laura that sends an email when the GM incentives happen. I suspect dealers may not be passing it on? My local dealers don't show it. Who knows.

Anyway, check out that price. Laura does not fool around. The 6K discount from MSRP is their "everyday" pricing and all they add to that is a $169 doc fee. My understanding if you fly and buy, is if you have proof of insurance they can issue an Indiana temp tag, and you pay TTL when you go to register in your home state. I need to confirm all that, but this is how it worked when I bought a motorcycle awhile back from an out of state dealer.

Browse the full size trucks on the Laura site if you really want to cry about the pricing of the twins though. Combine the Laura discount with 10K from GM and you have a serious bargain. I am amazed other dealers do not complain to GM about Laura, because they kick all the other dealer's butts so badly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SLT.jpg (61.0 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by Duken4evr; 02-14-2017 at 10:16 AM.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRacer View Post
Well, we can all agree that Laura's business model is a wee bit different than all the other dealers.
What is the business model there anyway? Is it just based on large sales volume? I haven't heard of this dealer until I joined Coloradofans.

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:26 AM

Im in SE MI, and ill be picking up my truck Thursday. This is the first big Colorado Incentive month i have seen since release. My overall price is a little irrelevant because i have the GM discount, but there was plenty of rebates for me.

-Chevrolet Lease Loyalty $1500
-Select Model Tag $2000
-GM Card $750

Last time i priced these out i was only able to get $500 loyalty, so id say this is a very good month for my area at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode