Gmpartsdirect speed - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Gmpartsdirect speed

I made a purchase from GMpartsdirect.com on April 4th. I just checked the status and it looks like it hasn't been processed or shipped yet. Does anyone know about how long they usually take to ship an item after the purchase is made?

Thanks,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 12:01 PM

My experiences with GMPartsDirect have resulted in slow processing/shipping and high shipping/handling charges. They are a GM Auto Dealer and I suspect their parts inventory is not that large. If they don't have a part on hand they will procure it from a GM Distribution site and then forward it to the buyer. I'm too impatient to deal with that anymore.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to ptripp1952 Send a message via MSN to ptripp1952 Send a message via Yahoo to ptripp1952
GMPartsDirect is extremely slow! They are actually Flo Chevrolet located at Winston Salem North Carolina. GMPartsDirect will claim that they don't have a phone number--- Call Flo Chevy and ask them for the Parts Dept. I talked to Matthew. Good Luck!!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:37 PM

The last time I got something from them (a couple months ago) it was about 2 weeks before I got the shipping notification, and the parts showed up a day or two later.

I'll agree their shipping is slow and handling charges high, but even so, they do sometimes have the best overall prices.

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 11:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptripp1952 View Post
GMPartsDirect is extremely slow! They are actually Flo Chevrolet located at Winston Salem North Carolina. GMPartsDirect will claim that they don't have a phone number--- Call Flo Chevy and ask them for the Parts Dept. I talked to Matthew. Good Luck!!!
Did you do this after an online order or to place the order initially?

vi et armis invictus maneo..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:33 AM

Garage
Haven't you ever noticed when you search for a GM part lots of sites come up with the same search program. I'm going to guess they are all using the same software and are drop shipping from somewhere. Good luck with that.........

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:35 PM

Garage
Bad experience here. Ordered heated mirror glass (L&R). One was heated, one was not. I had the correct part number, but I had to send pictures, wait several weeks and then return at my expense before they would send a replacement. Made me feel like a criminal. Never again.

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4x4 Extended Cab | Red Rock Metallic | Additions and Modifications: Factory fender flares w/WeatherTech splash guards | black bowties | front spoiler removed | Pop-N-Lock power tailgate lock | factory heated mirrors | automatic under hood light | Bussmann auxiliary fuse/relay box | rear seats removed & replaced with carpeted platform & storage box | automatic glove box light | BrandMotion Homelink garage door opener in overhead console
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode