V6 mpg - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

V6 mpg

Today, we took a 200 Mile drive on the highway on rolling hills type of terrain at 70 MPH. Filled the tank with 92 Octane fuel and here is what it got.

Along the way took these snapshots; not bad?

Last edited by Plateado; 04-15-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 06:25 PM

Garage
Nice. Is the top with the 92 octane and the bottom with regular? Still good either way. I average around 24 on the highway but I also set the cruise at 75 and have 4wd and I exclusively use regular.

2016 Canyon All-Terrain 4x4 3.6L v6 ECLB
Amsoil fluids bumper to bumper
Speedliner spray-on bedliner
Weathertech floor mats
AVS hood deflector and window visors
A.R.E MX bed cap w/ Yakima roof rack
Undercover Swingcases
Carhartt seat covers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 06:40 PM

Garage
Don't trust the DIC. Mine reads about 2 mpg better than actual calculated use.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:48 PM

Not surprised I generally can beat the posted mileage..

I noticed with the 2017 The V4 mode reall adds to the mpg.

Also when you coast down hill get all off the gas as it shut off the flow for more mpg on DI engines.

I don' drive for mpg but If I can add without doing something annyoing I will try it.

So far my city driving is 18-19.5. I have a short freeway shot going to work of 3 miles and that is at 75 mph. The rest is stop and go. I am pleased so far.

My old Sonoma struggled to get 19 with the same gear and about 800 pounds less with 2/3 the power.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

I set the Trip A to 0 after fuelling up. So that is what I got and seems to par with is left on the tank. All the driving was done with 92 Octanes and NO Dafting; cruise set to 70 MPH, 5 under the posted limit. I thought it was 200 miles, the oddo read 184 at the end of the trip. If you noticed, at 144 Miles, the needle shows full.

I found out, the sweet spot is 45~50 MPH. Was hitting 30s at that speed on flat terrain, sometimes more. As said before, not bad for a truck, the speed and a gasser.

Anyway, just posting what the truck gave me.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM

My 2015 SLT has given decent mileage from the git-go averaging 24.9+ in the good months and in winter with the crap gas at 22.9 . I have used my info center and actual mileage vs fuel consumed methods. I tend to drive very consertatively (received 97%) on the On Star monthly evaluation, and even in the 80 zones keep my speed at 70 and vehicle in the right lane while those on a tighter schedule can zip on by.
I Am Currently waiting delivery on a 2017 Denali with the V6 and eight speed transmission am hoping tÓme will bring in mileage a bit better than i get now. Only time will tell..

2015 Canyon, SLT, CC, 4x4, Copper Red Metallic, Nav, Bose, Trailer pkg, Safety pkg, Eng heater, steps, Extang tri fold hard cover, flaps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode