Your Favorite android phone app for vehicle Maint and Gas milage - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hal Waldrop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Your Favorite android phone app for vehicle Maint and Gas milage

Just wondering what you guys are using for keeping up with Maintenance and gas mileage, just got a new phone and I want to hook this up...thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:13 PM

Garage
For gas mileage, Fuelly. See my signature...

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod

In the garage: 2002 Z06

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 04:26 PM

Garage
I use both Fuelly and Fuel Buddy. Fuel Buddy maintains other records other than just mileage.

"Donorado"

2016 Colorado Red Hot Z71
4x4, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 3.6 V6 w/Trifecta Tune Advantage
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM

Garage
Feully Feul-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baybilly View Post
I use both Fuelly and Fuel Buddy. Fuel Buddy maintains other records other than just mileage.
Have you tried the Fuelly Fuel-up app? That's the only app I use on my actual phone now. Quick and easy input that texts your info to your Fuelly account.

2016 Canyon SLE diesel, Brownstone Metallic, Towing Package, etc.

Mods:
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
Factory GMC front Mud Flaps
BigBoi Headlight Switch Mod

In the garage: 2002 Z06

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 PM

OneNote to track my gross numbers (@ xx km, had this work done; truck takes this size of tires, came with this brand, will mark again when new ones go on). Handy for the motorcycle, which burns through tires every year or two, and has specific needs for oil.

Sometimes stopwatch (like when I get new tires and want to calibrate them against the speedo).

When I'm on vacation, tracking mileage as a road game, I just use a pad of paper and calculator.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 08:09 PM

I still don't have a twin, but I love the android app "Torque".

Buy the full version and buy one of these ODBII bluetooth plugins and you can see so much info.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitbest-Bluet...nner+bluetooth

I know it's not actually mileage and maintenance like you asked, but wow the things you can do with it. I like to set a tablet on the dash and add about 10 gauges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2012-08-24-15-11-35.jpg (138.5 KB, 34 views)
Duken4evr likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 10:08 PM

I just downloaded Fuelio. Very simple interface with simple imput info plus you can use it for multiple vehicles. And it's free with no ads !!!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 11:13 PM

I use fuely. Just for gas mileage tracking tho.

2017 Chevy Colorado Z71, Crew Cab, Short Bed, LGZ 3.6L, 8L45 8 Spd.

How to Videos - Check out my YouTube Channel!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 07:50 AM

Garage
I have been using aCar for a while and like it. The UI is a bit dated but it gets the job done. It tracks fuel mileage, maintenance, trips, etc for multiple cars. You can set up to notify you when you are due for oil change or whatever. Lots of options.

Side note: Fuelly bought aCar a couple years ago and are beta testing the the new aCar/Fuelly app. They also purchased an iOS app I used years ago called Gas Cubby.

2017 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 Midnight Edition

Last edited by kevin1; 04-25-2017 at 08:34 AM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM

Anyone using an Automatic? Curious about it, but originally when I got my Canyon last year not everything fully supported yet on the twins and I passed. Looks like it might be now.

https://www.automatic.com/
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 08:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUCanyon View Post
Anyone using an Automatic? Curious about it,
Me too, especially the pro ($130 for adapter and 5 years of service) which has vehicle tracking and crash alerts; for when free OnStar runs out. Definitely will be getting something like this when kiddos start driving in ..... 6 years Man they grow up fast!!!!!!! I see that Automatic does trip tracking (which I don't need), fuel tracking (I like), I didn't notice if it does maintenance reminders (really like this in aCar). I also have Torque app and a cheap Bluetooth OBD2 for reading/clearing engine codes but I don't find it useful every day.

2017 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z71 Midnight Edition
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 10:45 AM

I use Fuel Buddy, easy to use and track fill ups but can do trips and log service as well. Can track quite a bit of information that you can add.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1 View Post
I have been using aCar for a while and like it. The UI is a bit dated but it gets the job done. It tracks fuel mileage, maintenance, trips, etc for multiple cars. You can set up to notify you when you are due for oil change or whatever. Lots of options.

Side note: Fuelly bought aCar a couple years ago and are beta testing the the new aCar/Fuelly app. They also purchased an iOS app I used years ago called Gas Cubby.
Been using Acar for a decade now. very good in my opinion

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Waldrop View Post
I still don't have a twin, but I love the android app "Torque".

Buy the full version and buy one of these ODBII bluetooth plugins and you can see so much info.

https://www.amazon.com/Kitbest-Bluet...nner+bluetooth

I know it's not actually mileage and maintenance like you asked, but wow the things you can do with it. I like to set a tablet on the dash and add about 10 gauges.
I agree 100%. I have Dash Command, which I personally like better than Torque, but they're both good. I would recommend the WIFI version of the OBD transmitter though, instead of the ones that connect via Bluetooth. That way you don't interfere with your Bluetooth that should be connected to your infotainment system instead. Also, there are three OBD transmitters on that Amazon page that Hal linked. Make sure you guys go with the smallest one you can find, because our OBD port sits almost flush with the lower dash and the longer transmitters will extend out....which makes applying your parking brake difficult. You don't want to break your OBD port while applying your brake.

Also, here is a link to the transmitter I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I prefer this model because it is wifi and it actually has a power button, so you can turn it off when not using it. Mine doesn't even turn on unless I do it myself, which is good because you don't need an additional wifi signal trying to pair with your phone, but it's easy to turn it on "by feel" when needed.

And remember that you can use any cheap tablet to monitor your vehicle, as long as it connects via wifi. Some people permanently mount a cheap tablet in their vehicles to always monitor things, but that's not really necessary on stock vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode