• 2 Post By Gilly
  • 1 Post By Gilly
  • 1 Post By CrashFix
  • 1 Post By Janster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Rolled 180K

Rolled 180K on my 2005 on the way to work today, original owner. Ordering new Colorado, the plan is for late Feb 2017.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170106_044637399.jpg (97.8 KB, 40 views)
Krystof likes this.

2017 Crew Cab Long Box Z71 V6 4WD Brownstone

Last edited by Gilly; 03-08-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 07:59 PM

Garage
Cudos on the milestone.
And this guinea pig can honestly say you were wise on the wait for the bug shakeouts. I can say that my wife's 17 drivetrain performs much better than my 15's.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 PM

Garage
Whoa there cowboy what's the rush, pump the brakes!.... You should be able to get another 70K out of that Baby!
Toughsox, RatRacer and JScottM like this.

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
How to Search vBulletin.org effectively

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
Whoa there cowboy what's the rush, pump the brakes!.... You should be able to get another 70K out of that Baby!
Yeah I really should, it isn't doing anything to make me think that it won't last a long time yet. No drips, no drops, no oil burning, rock steady truck.
Needed throttle motor at maybe 60-70K miles. Have done maintenance myself except a coolant flush and transmission oil, only other repair I can think of is that damned charcoal canister shutoff valve (I think I am good on that, now that it sunk in to NOT top off the fuel tank, had to do it I guess twice), I had to do the blower motor resistor and harness once, dealer did the thermostat, I got the check engine light for that, and THAT was weeks after the coolant flush was done so they cut me a deal on the thermostat, they admitted they should have at least recommended the thermostat.
Probably 4 sets of tires. Killed a deer with it a year ago and patched it together myself.
It's just time, I think this is about as long as I have kept a vehicle except a motorcycle I owned for 20 years.
It just getting a bit rusty around the edges and can't see actually restoring it, and you know the smells and stains and scratches.
My wife has actually said I can replace the truck whenever I want.
Like my tag line says I just wanted to wait a few years for bugs to work out and updates, so once I heard the 3.6 is upgraded and will have an 8 speed instead of a 6 speed, it's like, "OK I guess that's what I was waiting for, good enough".
CrashFix and BeastStarr68 like this.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My truck during happier days, maybe 3 years ago, before the deer hit and the rust wasn't as big of an issue. It's not a rustbomb now or anything, if I were keeping it longer it would need some attention this spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_3329.jpg (257.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 000_3330.jpg (226.6 KB, 17 views)
RatRacer likes this.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
My truck during happier days, maybe 3 years ago, before the deer hit and the rust wasn't as big of an issue. It's not a rustbomb now or anything, if I were keeping it longer it would need some attention this spring.
Every time I see a pic of the 1st Gens, it amazes me how much the 2nd Gens DON'T look like a mid-size, more like a full-size of a few years ago!

2015 Canyon SLT | 4WD | CC | SB | V6 | Summit White | Blk Leather | Nav | Bose | Safety Pkg | Remote Start | 5" Blk Assist Steps | GM Splash Guards | OBDLink MX Bluetooth Adapter & Torque Pro Software | Bull Ring Tie Downs | X-Pel Clear Film (Door Sill & Rear Lower Box) | Husky X-act Contour Front & Back Floor Mats | Z71/All-Terrain Transfer Case Skid Plate | SuperSkidz Front Skid Plate | Rocker Pinch Welds Blacked Out | Debadged | Blizzacks (For Winter)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFix View Post
Every time I see a pic of the 1st Gens, it amazes me how much the 2nd Gens DON'T look like a mid-size, more like a full-size of a few years ago!
Yeah...the 1st GEN was really a compact pickup truck in the same family as the Ranger once was. I have owned two Rangers...both were good trucks. Had to run 89 octane in them or they would ping like hell and they both had dash electrical problems after a 4 or 5 years, but other than that they were pretty good.

2017 GMC Canyon All Terrain X Quick Silver Metallic
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Garage
Yeah, in my old 2001 ZR2 I always had more of a feeling I was driving a "compact", can't say I've ever had that feeling driving my 15 Canyon, except when parking it in those tight spots that give the people with full-size's problems!
BeastStarr68 likes this.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 06:35 PM

When you said 'Rolled' - I thought you went TURTLE!!!

Well now I"m disappointed. LOL

Time for something new!!
JScottM likes this.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Thats awesome! I had a 2007 and loved it. Only thing I had to do to it was a tstat cause it stuck open, and that blower problem. I ended up soldering the connections and it never failed again. Oh wait, the theft thing gave me a little greef, I just cleaned the switch for the key and it seemed to fix it. Anyway, I only put 75K on it, I sold it a few months back and got this 2016. I love this truck too.

Sounds like the 17 is even better so cool! :)

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode