Remote Start Problems - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Remote Start Problems

I'm thinking that my issues may be in the remote start unit itself, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.
I have a Viper remote start installed on my 05 Canyon. It's been installed for 2 years and has worked fine until about a week ago, when it just stopped working. I have found that I can get the starter to take over if the vehicle is already running, but once the engine is shut back off, none of the functions work (lock/unlock/start).
I have had intermittent issues with the passlock not allowing the truck to start with the key and having to wait 10 minutes, but that has been extremely intermittent. That issue is what leads me to believe that it may be the issue rather than the remote starter itself.

Anyone have any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlehman View Post
I'm thinking that my issues may be in the remote start unit itself, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.
I have a Viper remote start installed on my 05 Canyon. It's been installed for 2 years and has worked fine until about a week ago, when it just stopped working. I have found that I can get the starter to take over if the vehicle is already running, but once the engine is shut back off, none of the functions work (lock/unlock/start).
I have had intermittent issues with the passlock not allowing the truck to start with the key and having to wait 10 minutes, but that has been extremely intermittent. That issue is what leads me to believe that it may be the issue rather than the remote starter itself.

Anyone have any advice?
The lock/unlock wont have anything to do with the pass key. Sounds to me like if it all dies together like that it would likely be a bad power or ground to the alarm. Or the alarm itself is bad of course.

Sent from the butt crack of California.
2016 Colorado 4x4 CC SB V6
AS level/lift 2.5" w/1" rear block, diff drop
275/70-17 Cooper AT3 on MotoMetal 970s
Scary, evil, black, warranty voiding catch can from the devil
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:16 PM

I don't know what unit you have but it sounds like an interface issue if you can start it while the key is in the ignition. I would start here...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6kQhVr1mdV2YjA

Let me know what you find out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode