EXHAUST SYSTEM MEDIA DATABASE - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 358 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 AM

I had one on my other truck and it didnt trow any pcm issues. It was installed after the cat and before the muffler. It was loud. It would have been louder if I could of ditched the cat but I couldnt fin a 02 sim that would work for my truck.

05 reg. cab z85 I-5
5 speed
I have the super dooper high performance k&n replacement filter thats good for 1,000 hp and the sticker on window thats good for another 20hp
Favorite bumpersticker "Honk if parts fall off!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 358 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 AM

I finally got some exterior clips of my exhaust. These are with a microphone duct taped to my bumper.

Light acceleration to 40 mph
Hard acceleration to 40 mph
Dead stop to 70 mph
2nd gear from 10 to ~60 mph (gets choppy towards the end)
Slow then fast (I was second in the left turn lane, this was slowly going till I hit the apex of the turn then flooring it) This one's my favorite because you hear both light acceleration and WOT in the same clip
Cruising @ 65 in 5th gear and some 5th gear accelerating

Had I known that I always shift at a little over 5k rpms, I would have made sure to get a decent redline pull, but I didn't realize the one I did sounded so bad (at first I had the recording volume set too high)

Silver '05 Canyon Z85 Extended Cab - I5, 5 speed, 3.42s
Cardomain - Photobucket
post #43 of 358 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 11:57 PM

Is it possible to get CFM ratings for all muffler listed and other mufflers as well.

I'm having a hard time finding CFM ratings on FlowMaster and others.

I'm taking a diffrend route on what my next muffler should be. I've dug up calculations on how to find engine CFM's. Air in/out of motor. I have read that Glasspack type mufflers may reduce flow but nobody is for sure. I am interrested in chambered mufflers like Flow Master Edelbrock SDT Gibson, Hooker's Areo Flow and muffler like that. i have been reading this from Chevy Performance. Superchevy.com

I'm taking the technical aproch to figure out how to make the torque lower then what it is now if at all possible.
post #44 of 358 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exousia
wE HAVE 2.5 stock cat-back made by Walker. You can buy a single 3" cat back, but it is not OE size.
So we have a 3" from the manifold to the cat, then 2.5" from the cat-back. What are the pros and cons of going with a 3" cat-back? I would rather not loose any low end power as I don't usualy go above 3500 rpm.

Conservative Club Member #35

My Gallery
post #45 of 358 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 02:31 AM

can anybody hear canyonboy05's sound clips, because for some reason, the clips are not working for me.

2004 Silver-Birch Z71 4x4 extended cab, 4.10 gears
4 inch skyjacker lift
M/T rims and 285/75/16 bf goodrich all-terrain tires
Black powder coated UWS toolbox and bed caps
Westin Sportsman Grille Guard Black
Pioneer 4700 head unit
TB Crank
PICS:http://coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=42729
post #46 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 09:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to alexj
has any one tryed a borla? on there zq8
post #47 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 03:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to alexj
hey TwistdVizions thanks for the help. i see a lot of stuff on flowmaster, not to much on borla on the colly. has any one tryed the aero-turbine? check it out it sounds kinda cool i dont know if it really works all that well. http://www.aero-turbine.com/index.html
post #48 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to TwistdVizions
i have a borla turbo 2.5 offset in/center out and it sounds GREAT. nothing better in my opinion. perfect mixture of loud and quiet. i have a Z85 tho but it is lowered 3/4 and ive got the exhaust dumped right after the muffler right before the back axle. one of these days ill get a clip but ill have to get my friend to help me. and to redneck or whoever was thinking about a cut-out. these trucks sound Fing insanely good without a muffler. i rode around one day with it off and it just sounded so ferocious. it was hard to keep my foot out of it the whole time. if u do a cut-out u wont regret it

oh and i dont know of anyone with borla clips. theres only a few of us on here with borlas.

as well i cannot hear the guys clips either. they dont even play for me. it says "playing" but theres no sound and the little "block" thing doesnt move

post #49 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Interceptor-Z71 Send a message via MSN to Interceptor-Z71
I took these a while ago, but forgot about them and never posted them...

Start, rev, pull away.

Drive by.

Specs - '05 Chevy Colorado Z71, crew cab, 3.5L i5 motor w/high flow filter and a Flowmaster 50 Series muffler.

2005 Crew Cab Colorado Z71 w/i5:
Flowmaster exhaust
truXedo tonnue cover
Ventshades
1200watt amp w/RF components

More to come soon!
post #50 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 PM

alright guys i have two clips but neither of them is of my exhuast with the Borla. one is from inside the truck and the other is a driveby. this is with NO MUFFLER

http://media.putfile.com/justin_takeoff

http://media.putfile.com/justin_driveby

post #51 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 03:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Regalblue
Damn that drive by one sounds nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a91sdime
A gtech is about as accurate as sticking your **** out the window to see what the temperature is.
post #52 of 358 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 08:53 PM

yeah i know, but i only noticed in the video, i got out of it too early, i shoulda kept going by the camera. but it sounds even better in person

post #53 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 02:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to blase420 Send a message via MSN to blase420 Send a message via Yahoo to blase420
what cat backs can I use with my Z71 4wd? I did a search but it seems the only cat backs made are for the 2wd's

'04 Colorado LS
Z71 4WD
K&N Cold Air Intake
Pace Edwards Tonneau Cover
post #54 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Regalblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by blase420
what cat backs can I use with my Z71 4wd? I did a search but it seems the only cat backs made are for the 2wd's
I put the Gibson split rear on my 04.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a91sdime
A gtech is about as accurate as sticking your **** out the window to see what the temperature is.
post #55 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to blase420 Send a message via MSN to blase420 Send a message via Yahoo to blase420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalblue
Quote:
did you have to remove the spare tire?

'04 Colorado LS
Z71 4WD
K&N Cold Air Intake
post #56 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalblue
Quote:
did you have to remove the spare tire?

'04 Colorado LS
Z71 4WD
K&N Cold Air Intake
post #57 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:21 AM

alright ladies i got some clips of my borla exhuast for you.......

gave u guys a couple different ones.

first one is a simple Idle and revv

second one is a slow take off, not even a "normal" one, that slow lol, windows up

third one is me turning and a quick take off, windows up

and the fourth one is a quick take off with the windows down

post #58 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 06:45 PM

Sounds good, love the chirp

Black 05 Z71 4X4 CC
Pioneer DEH-P7700MP w/I-Pod Interface.
Fram Boost
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2168652
post #59 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 12:27 AM

Interressting Twisted.... It still sounds a bit high pitched to me. I was woundering what temeture is the coolant staying around? If the water temp hangs around mid point of the analog gague on the dash that would work for me.
The other thing that i would is install a true HELMHOLTZ resonator to knock off the high pitch tone and i would run a tip that was 4 inch wide and maybe like 18 inches long. I would also make the res 18 too. It all about getting ride of the rice frequency also that will take some of the nois out of the cab.

Other wise it sounds good, but looks like you guys running with a manuall tranny have got it made. Those power shifts make me drool. I wish i had a stick.

Kinda funny but on the drive by in the distance your truck make a hy pitched whine remided me of the show Knight Rider. KITT made that sound when traveling at high rates of speed.
post #60 of 358 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 AM

its actually not high pitched at all. its the quality of the audio recording. it is a very deep tone. im perfectly happy with the sound of it, no complaints from me.

the only drive-by one ive shown is when i had no muffler on, if ur talkin bout that then yes it has a bit of a higher pitched sound but i still like the sound of it

and if ur talking bout my temp gauge, under normal driving it right around the 1/4 mark but when i accelerate quick like that, if its cold out, the temp drop to about 1/8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode