1/4th and 1/8th mile Drag Racing Thread - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DeadBury, Florida
Posts: 2,909
Send a message via AIM to TwistdVizions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab
Hmmm....we could start a few categories here! The 17-second club, the 16-second club, the 15-second club, and the 14-second club. They do it over at the Subaru XTI forum!
to be honest, i know i wouldnt want to be in the 17 second club, nor the 16 second club, and not even the 15 second club.. and my truck runs 16s... i believe this is definately one topic that doesnt deserve different clubs or groups....i believe this is ur first idea that i disagree with

TwistdVizions is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 225
Send a message via AIM to 07ZQ8
I agree w/ Sab. Plus in the list, include what different mods each person has done. Itd really give people a better idea of which mods work/dont work and what you can expect from your own truck.

Currently: 2005 Dodge Ram

Future: 2006-7 Chevy Colorado
07ZQ8 is offline  
post #43 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3
Send a message via MSN to Vytech
Just got back from running my coly saturday at thunder valley dragway in Marion SD (about 2.5 hrs from home). The day started out rainy and a little windy but cleared off by noon and got warm later. Was able to make a total of 10 passes before red lighting out of eliminations.

Weight 4160
Rear tire pressure 30psi
Air temp 75
Humidity 82%
Wind 15-25mph (head wind)
Fuel 91 Octane

Time Slip Info Worst Best

Reaction: .156 .018
60' 2.358 2.246
1/8 10.823 10.281
mph 64.841 67.703
1/4 16.753 16.046
mph 81.559 84.317

I think that once I have my hptuner to adjust fuel and shift as well as play with the tire pressures more it would run a 15.8 easy. I'll go again in the spring to find out.

2004 CC ZQ8 I5
AEM INTAKE
POWERAID TPS
JTR HEADER
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK DUELS
BOSS MOTORSPORTS
NITTO
XENON BODY KIT
RAIDER NOMAD CAP
YAKIMA ROOF RACK
VENTSHADE
Vytech is offline  
 
post #44 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Sab
Senior Member
 
Sab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,620
Sounds good Vytech! You should be able to get into the 15's with a few tweaks.

The Bracket Club actually works to help folks understand better, which mods work. By posting your truck particulars, your mods, and preparations...not to mention your 1/4 mile times, folks can find all the comparative information they need, to improve the performance of their own trucks. No, 17-second and 16-second times aren't much to brag about, but if you grew up in the 70's....you'd realize that Corvettes, Trans Ams and Z/28's were all running at or near mid 15's!

What the Subaru Club does is this:

The member states his/her vehicle specifics, what they ran in the quarter mile, and they follow all of that with codes such as-

I for intake mod
E for exhaust mod
NOSw for Wet Nitrous
NOSd for Dry Nitrous
SC for supercharged
TC for turbocharged
HPT for HPTuners
IC for intercooled.......

well..you get the picture!

Here's what an example might look like-

ZNA03 2005 Colorado 5-speed 3.42 gears G80 locker
Quarter mile - 13.89 sec @ 88.78 mph
Weigh-in @ 3512 lbs
Tire pressures - 30 rear, 35 front

I, E, NOSw, HPT....... :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8


A Few Dirt Bikes

Sab is offline  
post #45 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DeadBury, Florida
Posts: 2,909
Send a message via AIM to TwistdVizions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sab
Sounds good Vytech! You should be able to get into the 15's with a few tweaks.

The Bracket Club actually works to help folks understand better, which mods work. By posting your truck particulars, your mods, and preparations...not to mention your 1/4 mile times, folks can find all the comparative information they need, to improve the performance of their own trucks. No, 17-second and 16-second times aren't much to brag about, but if you grew up in the 70's....you'd realize that Corvettes, Trans Ams and Z/28's were all running at or near mid 15's!

What the Subaru Club does is this:

The member states his/her vehicle specifics, what they ran in the quarter mile, and they follow all of that with codes such as-

I for intake mod
E for exhaust mod
NOSw for Wet Nitrous
NOSd for Dry Nitrous
SC for supercharged
TC for turbocharged
HPT for HPTuners
IC for intercooled.......

well..you get the picture!

Here's what an example might look like-

ZNA03 2005 Colorado 5-speed 3.42 gears G80 locker
Quarter mile - 13.89 sec @ 88.78 mph
Weigh-in @ 3512 lbs
Tire pressures - 30 rear, 35 front

I, E, NOSw, HPT....... :D
i thought you meant like club as in club... like the "grounded 355s" or "lifted 355s" or w/e

TwistdVizions is offline  
post #46 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Sab
Senior Member
 
Sab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,620
Nah...not really a club club, but a fun club sorta!!!! :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8


A Few Dirt Bikes

Sab is offline  
post #47 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 201
Quote:
You know who annoys me, the dudes who have the peice of stripped down cars running 12.9s
Oh thats me however I am not too full of myself. Remember though those guys with beat cars are packing some heat. Don't even ask how much my drag motor cost. I ran out of money to build the rest of the car, it runs like a raped ape though. I give all the guys on the track the respect they deserve. Who cares what times you are running as long as you are having fun. The local authorities support it so you can go fast in a controled inviroment. Everyone gets thier turn in the long run. Drag Racing is something everyone should experiance at least once.

Always have more brains than you have horsepower.
Tom@streetbeatcustoms.com is offline  
post #48 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 225
Send a message via AIM to 07ZQ8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom@streetbeatcustoms.com
I give all the guys on the track the respect they deserve. Who cares what times you are running as long as you are having fun.
Absolutely, you are not the person I was talking to. I agree w/ you, I was just showing that everybody has their own opinions on things.

Currently: 2005 Dodge Ram

Future: 2006-7 Chevy Colorado
07ZQ8 is offline  
post #49 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 5,262
Send a message via AIM to sillyoldtayo
Hehe Tom said his car runs like a raped ape hahahhaha sweet!


TOTW #25...SWEEEEETRUCK!
sillyoldtayo is offline  
post #50 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 201
I asked jeeves how fast a raped ape runs, don't waist you time. Seems to me it is slower than I thought. Again don't waist your time asking.

Always have more brains than you have horsepower.
Tom@streetbeatcustoms.com is offline  
post #51 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LBG, NC
Posts: 184
14.58 @ 99.47mph on nitrous ..My N/A runs were 16.2-16.5@84-86mph. The weather still sucks and KILLSSS the truck at the track. Heres a break down of my best run.

rt - .577
60ft - 2.38
330 - 6.30
1/8et - 9.5
mph - 76.73
1000 - n/a
1/4et 14.58
mph 99.47

MODS-
AEM Intake
Traction Springs
Zex wet kit [100shot (80-whp)
HPTuner

Zero prep
3/4 tank gas
95* day 88% humidity

05 red zq8 reg cab 5 spd, HPTuner, billet grill+bumper insert, traction springs, zex nitrous kit, Bruteforce intake, Kicker 10" sub, MA Audio amp, belltech 2/3 drop, air shocks, 6000K HID kit, silverstar fog lights, North Carolina tuning with HPTUNER available. PM me for details and pricing.
a91sdime is offline  
post #52 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 35
Send a message via Yahoo to jes2561
Good time for the weather.

It seems to me your haveing wheel spin, the reason i say this is the 60ft is 2.38 which is decent but could be better but after your truck gets down the track a ways its really pulling hard. The trap speed is awsome for that heat. (so close to that 100mph dang) Are you still running those tires you ran before? If so that somewhat explains the spinning. (unless the track was slick again ) You run in rockingham or fay? I will shortly refill my nitrous and try to head for a 1/4 mile track if not i guess i will be limited to 1/8 mile. Been busy lately but i will be posting an awsome 1/8 mile time as well as a very low 60ft if i can pull a good light, been out of practice on the lights though. What octane was you useing. All said those are very respectful times for a 3.5 in a pickup truck. Real sleeper if you do as i do and keep the hood closed when you do run. I know you probably feel like me, i am running good times but i sure would like to get below 14's but at this point it seems like a whole lot of $$$$ to get there. Good job james.

2005 harley 1200/rf900r race bike/2004 canyon 4x4/ pro mod suzuki best et 5.2345 1/8 mile all motor!
jes2561 is offline  
post #53 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LBG, NC
Posts: 184
Re: Good time for the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes2561
It seems to me your haveing wheel spin, the reason i say this is the 60ft is 2.38 which is decent but could be better but after your truck gets down the track a ways its really pulling hard. The trap speed is awsome for that heat. (so close to that 100mph dang) Are you still running those tires you ran before? If so that somewhat explains the spinning. (unless the track was slick again ) You run in rockingham or fay? I will shortly refill my nitrous and try to head for a 1/4 mile track if not i guess i will be limited to 1/8 mile. Been busy lately but i will be posting an awsome 1/8 mile time as well as a very low 60ft if i can pull a good light, been out of practice on the lights though. What octane was you useing. All said those are very respectful times for a 3.5 in a pickup truck. Real sleeper if you do as i do and keep the hood closed when you do run. I know you probably feel like me, i am running good times but i sure would like to get below 14's but at this point it seems like a whole lot of $$$$ to get there. Good job james.
Ran at fayetteville, and I had BAD wheel spin. Still on stock conti tires and the track prep sucked bad as per usual. After tuning with the HPTuner some more on the timing and fuel, along with waiting til the weather cools down some, I WILL get 100+mph and I will run in the 13's. The a/f ratio on nitrous is deep in the 10:1 ratio, so I have some room to rejet the fuel side on the nitrous to get a little more power also. This was on 93 octane, 3/4 tank of fuel, spur of the moment kinda thing so I had the system [1 10 and amp], along with jack, spare, some stuff in the bed too.

I also had problems with the nitrous, the bottle was low to begin with and a little past half track I could fill the truck surge on the 3 nitrous runs I did. I had to let the bottle warm up to build pressure after every run and by the 3rd one, it was pretty much out. Next time I will have both bottles FULL and do a little to the truck to get it ready for the track. I'll also bring the laptop to log the runs and make changes as needed after each run to see how that goes.

05 red zq8 reg cab 5 spd, HPTuner, billet grill+bumper insert, traction springs, zex nitrous kit, Bruteforce intake, Kicker 10" sub, MA Audio amp, belltech 2/3 drop, air shocks, 6000K HID kit, silverstar fog lights, North Carolina tuning with HPTUNER available. PM me for details and pricing.
a91sdime is offline  
post #54 of 606 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 5,262
Send a message via AIM to sillyoldtayo
Whoa you broke 14's SWEEEEETRUN!


TOTW #25...SWEEEEETRUCK!
sillyoldtayo is offline  
post #55 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Memphis (Lakeland) TN
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to WTRacing
2004 reg cab I-5 Auto ZQ8

Volant intake, turndown off factory muffler

(at the time) 3in blocks in rear

15.7

any clue why mine ran so slow?




Gwedo
1997 ZQ8 S10 Black Stepside Reg Cab 2.2 M5 (soon to be 5.7V8 M6)
2004 ZQ8 Colorado Red Reg Cab I-5 Auto, Volant Intake, Turndown
Grounded 355 member #36
WTRacing is offline  
post #56 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: IN
Posts: 3,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTRacing
2004 reg cab I-5 Auto ZQ8

Volant intake, turndown off factory muffler

(at the time) 3in blocks in rear

15.7

any clue why mine ran so slow?
Sounds about right to me.

04 Colorado ZQ8 I5/AT
If you can't afford to do it right, then how can you afford to do it twice?
brakenit is offline  
post #57 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 03:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TeXaS
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakenit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTRacing
2004 reg cab I-5 Auto ZQ8

Volant intake, turndown off factory muffler

(at the time) 3in blocks in rear

15.7

any clue why mine ran so slow?
Sounds about right to me.
Yep, from the numbers I've seen, that is about normal for a basically stock truck... with an I5 tho, my truck (I4) would prob. run 17's....LOL

Grounded 355 Member #4

LiLKaRBoY13 is offline  
post #58 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Memphis (Lakeland) TN
Posts: 838
Send a message via AIM to WTRacing
hmm, my buddys extreme wouldnt break out of the 16's




Gwedo
1997 ZQ8 S10 Black Stepside Reg Cab 2.2 M5 (soon to be 5.7V8 M6)
2004 ZQ8 Colorado Red Reg Cab I-5 Auto, Volant Intake, Turndown
Grounded 355 member #36
WTRacing is offline  
post #59 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7
06 - CrewCab - Jet Servo - AEM intake - no spare - tailgate down - approx 60 degrees
first ET with spare and hood on...

Second ET with no spare and hood removed to feed intake some cold air

Looks like it runs pretty consistantly to me :D. Also looks like getting some cold air to the intake really helps a bit. I don't think the weight of the puny spare tire can account for .4 sec
kaltag is offline  
post #60 of 606 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Sab
Senior Member
 
Sab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,620
Good information there! Thanks for sharing that! :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8


A Few Dirt Bikes

Sab is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome