Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Will Gibson single side exhaust fit/sound good a 4 cyl?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ez 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I did a search for this and could not come up with any good results, so my apologies if this has been discussed before.

Will the Gibson single side exit exhaust fit on the 2.8L, because all I see in descriptions is 3.5L.?

Also, are there any sound clips of Gibson exhaust on a 4 banger? I've been looking on google for results and couldn't find anything. I don't want my truck sounding like a ricer and I would like to get a deep sounding exhaust.

Thanks for any help :D

#3 ·
I have the Gibson too and love it, my brother got his from ebay but I wanted a valid warranty(the winter salt here destroys metal) so I got it here. gibson 319619, or you can try one of the vendors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great system and very easy to install and for the price you give it a look.

#4 ·
It's going to sound like a 4 cyl with an exhaust...no matter what exhaust you put on it. The Gibson mufflers I've heard have a fairly raspy sound and might sound more ricer-ish than a magnaflow, flowmaster, mbrp etc...

#6 ·
gibson on a I4 will sound like a indi 500. but if that's your thing than go fly with it. like CanyonAB said though a 4 cycl will sound like a 4 cyl, dont expect greatness.

I personaly would check out either mbrp, or magnaflow. to me from what i heard, magnaflow sounded better on a 4 banger than gibson.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.