Cab Roof Marker Lights on a Canyon/Colorado? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Cab Roof Marker Lights on a Canyon/Colorado?

Has anyone out there installed Cab Roof Marker lights on their Canyon/Colorado? How do you think they would look?

'04 White Canyon Crew Cab Z71 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 2" Shackles w/TB Crank, 33x10.50x15 BFG KO's, Rancho RS5000, Street Sceen Speed Grille, Wade Ventshields, K&N, Magnaflow, Spray Bed Liner, Hinged Tonneau Cover, Back up lights, H1 Tow Hooks, Barbed Wire Stripes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 02:36 PM
Global Moderator

Personally, I don't think they'd look that great. It would almost be like stating, "I wanna be a big truck". Most are huge in size and would look awkward sitting on top of the Collys.

I've thought about one of these for my truck which I think would look good. I had one on my '89 S-10. I just haven't had the money to get one yet.

Moonvisor

or this one,

Lighted Visor

Danny

10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 03:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rsquires67
Kind of hard to get one of those for the twins when they aren't listed.

VOTE for me please in TOTY!!!! viewtopic.php?f=24&t=67915

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Leave those visor things in the 80s and 90s where they belong. :P

You can get the roof marker lights on the H3 so on a nice lifted truck on yours Traildog I dont see why not.

2004 GMC Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4x4

Site Rules
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to WwRGSwW
I agree with Todd, they should look decent!

Florida Members check out our local page, http://florida355.com

For a list of my mod's check out my cardomain (Link is my "WEBSITE")
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsquires67
Kind of hard to get one of those for the twins when they aren't listed.

You need to take a closer look at the second one. I updated the link that they screwed up.

Danny

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

I understand that the 'Big Rigs' (full size truck) have Cab Lights that are quite large and might look too big for our trucks but like Todd stated.... the H3's have them and they look pretty sweet so I am now in the market for a smaller Cab Light to mount on my Canyon. If anyone finds anything out there before I do... send me a link.

'04 White Canyon Crew Cab Z71 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 2" Shackles w/TB Crank, 33x10.50x15 BFG KO's, Rancho RS5000, Street Sceen Speed Grille, Wade Ventshields, K&N, Magnaflow, Spray Bed Liner, Hinged Tonneau Cover, Back up lights, H1 Tow Hooks, Barbed Wire Stripes.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Global Moderator

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to swedluap
I don't know if I'm just telling you something you already know, but I'll say it anyway.

Although those lights may look cool, they actually serve a purpose. They are there to alert oncomming vehicles of the width of your vehicle. The three clearance lights in the center are to be placed on vehicles over 80" wide but under 96" wide, whereas the two outer clearance lights are to be placed on a vehicle over 96" wide along with the three center lights, It is not illegal to place clearance lights on a vehicle under those widths, but it will make the truck drivers laugh at you :) .

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Global Moderator

Here's something else to consider. If you have inspections in your State, you can actually fail the inspection if you have those lights and a bulb is burned out. Just something else to consider. Whether they came on the truck, or not, it doesn't matter. If they're there, they have to light up for the inspection.

Danny

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Swedluap - I think some Truck Drivers will laugh and some will not. Do I care... NO!
Danny45 - All of my vehicles have everything working on them including lights. Thay is the way I was raised... if it is broke... fix it! No inspections here in Ohio!
I think as long as I don't get lights that are too big it will look fine. What about the Hummer lights?

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 12:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to boxerboy43
so weird, i was thinking the same tihng for my Canyon just a lil bit ago. i'd be anxious to see pics if available.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Going UP!

Send a message via AIM to blurred
I know that this topic has come around before but the guy apparently was talked out of it. As said before, I am sure some smaller lights running across the top would look good, but it's just not my cup-o-tea. I like our clean roof line.

This kinda goes without being said, but find a set of lights that you might want, lay them out across the top, step back and decide if it looks good (and take a pic haha). If you don't like it, just grab them and return 'em. Good luck bro.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Matt228
I see a Colorado on my way home from work occassionaly that has some and I'm not a fan. Like others have said, it looks like he's trying to have a big truck, but doesn't.

2004 Colorado Ext. Cab ZQ8
-2" drop, de-badged, Canyon grill, black billet grill inserts, Hoen bulbs, low profile soft tonneau, Yokohoma tires
2006 KX450F
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM

Re: Cab Roof Marker Lights on a Canyon/Colorado?

Anyone found the H3 cab lights? I'd be the test monkey for this project if someone can help me find the lights...found some for the H2 but would think that would be too big..

2005 Black Z71 4WD

"Iraq Baby"
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman_24
Anyone found the H3 cab lights? I'd be the test monkey for this project if someone can help me find the lights...found some for the H2 but would think that would be too big..
I lost a lot of interest when I saw the price. They are about $100 cheaper through gmpartsdirect.
http://www.adv4x4.com/h3romalakit.html

"Brownstone Bumblebee" 2016 Diesel Colorado Z71 CCSB 4X4, Brownstone Metallic
HPD and Provent 200 Catch Cans, Amsoil Fluids, MetalMan Front Differential, Engine Oil Pan, & Steering Motor Skid Plate, Undercover Swing Cases
Say No! to Wheelers's Offroad!

"I respect everyone's opinion, no matter how wrong it may be."
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:01 AM

Holy Crap, I'd do $100 but $400 is crazy! I wish they made these for a H3, I think that these are a little big for our truck..

http://4wheelonline.com/hummer/Categori ... ryId=44732

2005 Black Z71 4WD

"Iraq Baby"
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Banned

This mod is hardly outlandish, if you've seen my recent project...

Nice to see them available, but the price suggests that even the manufacturer isn't planning on selling many.
Nifty idea, but as stated, 1,000's of little old men did this with Ford Couriers in 1983, and ruined it for everybody. La Cucaracha horn optional.

It does need a purpose. Make a Lil BigRig Colorado, and then they have a reason to live.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 02:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to skitz Send a message via MSN to skitz

I think there was a member on here recently that did the mod. I said it in that thread (but I can't find it right now) but I had a co-worker with a ZR2 Extended Cab S10 that had roof marker lights, and it looked real good. You obviously can't get anything thats too large, otherwise it will look off. And honestly, with the lines our truck has, you would probably want to find some that had similar lines, not rounded, like most are that I've seen. I'll try to track down that thread.

Lifted Club Member # 278
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 03:41 PM

I have cab lights... I did them to be unique, they really look great... endless compliments.

Originally I had them without the fog lights - they really didn't look that great, once I installed the fog lights it really set it off. Check out my album...

garage_vehicle.php?mode=view_own_vehicle&CID=695
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode