Hey all, I'm currently working on converting my 60/40 over to buckets with a console. Here's the updates I've had so far, sorted by date.
I've already found the console, will get some pics of it uploaded once it is cleaned up. Only problem, the salvage yard decided to ship it without the shift boot or plastic surround for the shift boot. I've called them and they're looking in to that one.
This is the one out of a Colorado, so I'm going to be making some sort of padded cover. I'll cross that bridge once the rest of this is out of the way.
As for the seats... it's a hunt for black cloth, manual H3 seats. Should have them tomorrow (was supposed to be yesterday, yay for the other salvage yard... there's a pattern here).
Now, since I have a 5MT with the floor shifter surround, I've found out there will be holes in the carpet on either side of the console. This brings me to the question prompting this thread, has anyone used Auto Custom Carpets before?
I can find their carpets for the regular cab new on eBay for ~$125 shipped!! Just looking for any first-hand experience with the quality/fitment.
Good news! The shift boot is en-route to me, was their mistake :)
After mulling it over, I'm going to cut some carpet from underneath the center console to patch the holes from changing to the new console. Worst case, I end up getting new carpet. Best case, I save ~$120 by not buying new carpet and it looks 90% as good.
Seats just arrived at work, they're dirty (as expected from a yard) but they are in great shape!!
Don't mind the wire tie sitting on the passenger seat. White spot on the driver's headrest will clean off too, it looks like.
Should be cleaning up these and the console on Friday, taking a half day at work to use some vacation time before the end of the year.
Also, that pile of boxes is at work, not in my garage (I can't take that much of a mess at home).
Big update! Got the seats back to the house tonight. So far, I have only vacuumed the cloth portions then wiped down the plastic parts with a damp cloth.
Tomorrow I'll be using some Resolve to get the stains out, looks like it should get the vast majority pretty easily! After using Resolve, then "rinsing", I'll use the vacuum again to keep the drying time to a minimum.
Also, more fun, they sent the entire shifter instead of just the shift boot! I've removed the shifter boot/knob/shaft from the rest of the shifter assembly so that it is ready to be put in. Only problem here, the shift knob from truck that had the console is in absolutely terrible condition. Good news, I have a plan!
The plan is to split the shift boot. I'll take one of the seams, split it just enough to get it off the shaft, then remove the one from my truck. Once the one from my truck is out, I'll do the same to the shift boot on it. I'll place the "new" boot onto the shaft with the better shift knob, turn it inside out, and sew the seam back together. This way I have the better shift knob while also using the correct shift boot.
And a few pics sitting in (much) better light, inside the garage
I'll get some pictures of the truck interior tomorrow, when it's daylight out :)
I'm so excited to get this setup going, the H3 seats are vastly more comfortable than the stock seats. It'll also add tilt and lumbar :D
Sorry for the delay here, I figured this would be done by now. It has taken a turn to rainy and cold here. I ended up bringing the seats into the house and doing the cleaning in here since there is heat.
So, without further adieu, here's a pic of them almost dried back out!
Hopefully I'll get a good chance to work on this more over the weekend. The shift boot is going to be a challenge, but I should be able to knock it out relatively quickly.
I'm also having issues finding a fabric/upholstery/leather I find suitable to use to cover the armrest.