Change Fog Lights - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Change Fog Lights

I must be daft or something, but both of my Fog Light bulbs have burned out ( one at a time ) and I can't figure out how to change out the bulbs. There's got to be a trick to it!! The back of the housing is not deep enough to remove them from underneath or behind, the socket and bulb, together, are too long and won't come out. and I cannot see any bolts or screws that can easily be removed to pull the light down out of there. This is getting frustrating, and it won't pass inspection with the bulbs out. can anyone help??? Am I the only one having trouble like this?
Mrmeld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Change Fog Lights

This is on a 2005 Canyon
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Chevalier89

Just like changing driving light bulbs. Unplug the cables, twist the bulb and pull out. The brackets are slightly too close to the housings, so you may have to tweak/rotate the bulbs around as you pull them out.

Mines an 08, but I doubt anything has been changed as far as the fog light housings go.

03 Chevy S10 Reg cab 2WD, black WT 4.3w/ auto.
08 GMC canyon Ext cab 4WD, Silver Birch Met. Lifted club member #297.
Chevalier89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier89
Just like changing driving light bulbs. Unplug the cables, twist the bulb and pull out. The brackets are slightly too close to the housings, so you may have to tweak/rotate the bulbs around as you pull them out.

Mines an 08, but I doubt anything has been changed as far as the fog light housings go.

Like he said.........................you can also replace the fog bulbs with 9005 high beams -- they fit fine and they're a lot easier to find. They're also quite a bit brighter.
Toyo Open Country H/T's
Herculiner bed coating
xseler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have an 04 z71 and changing the bulbs on the ground can be tricky,but there is enough room to get them out,when you get the new bulb just don't bend or drop it. I believe if your doing this on the ground lookin up you just position the bulb straight upside down and turn to the right and it should work not as easy as the s10 i had thats for sure.
jys1099 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info, I can't believe it. but this time they came right out. must have just been a couple of bad days...

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.