2012 Colorado ACC radio connection - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

2012 Colorado ACC radio connection

Does anyone know where a good connections is for an accessory connection that turns on/off with the key. Sometime my HU won't shut off when I turn the car off, so I was going to change the connection from the cruz unit to another location. This hopefully should fix the issue. I don't care if the radio stays on the extra 10 minutes.

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 PM

If you do not have a sunroof you could use that circuit. There should be a fuse position in the fuse box, designated "sunroof" and it would be on the RAP circuit.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:05 PM

I did that an sometimes when turning at an intersection the radio cuts off and powers back up. At first I used a fuse adapter that had a fuse to the other side of the plug, then I got one with only one wire and an inline fuse , same thing happens. I was going to add a relay from the fuse but I don't see the radio drawing to much current so it looks like just a waste of time.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 11:09 AM

So this morning I thought I would try the power windows power source since I don't have power windows. Oh it has the bigger breaker type fuse and I could use a spade lug, easy, I switched it in 5 minutes, hmm everything works so I like to test it with a run around town. Right turn a block away and the TPMS comes on, pressures are spot on and I reset with the light switch and adjust pressures . Two blocks and the light comes on. I am getting the idea that the Scosche comes module is putting a data steam into the the system and that is causing these bugs to pop up. I think I might just remove the Scosche and wire in an old Metra chime unit, more taking things apart again but that Scosche thing has to be the problem.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 11:19 AM

I'm having a difficult time with the old threads being revived.....but I think it was you I just mentioned to that the Scosche harness has caused problems for anybody that has installed one.
You can troubleshoot if you'd like to do so. I think that's great you are that good with electronics. If you feel like you are done troubleshooting, however, then replace the stereo harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode