Wiring trouble, aftermarket HU won't turn on - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wiring trouble, aftermarket HU won't turn on

First, to get this out of the way, I have a Scosche GM2000 harness, which I know is a sin, but it was bought by my girlfriend, and I would rather tear it apart trying to get it to work than telling her it's junk (hurt feelings avoided).

That being said, I've also never tried anything like this before, so I'm more apt to think that I'm screwing something up before blaming the wiring.

I've got a 2005 Colorado and I am trying to replace the factory 6 CD radio with a double din BOSS BV9364B touchscreen radio. From what I seen, all the wires matched color-for-color between the radio harness and the Scosche harness. I have several wires that did not have pairs, but these wires aren't used from what I seen. With the harness came the chime box, which is connected, and dinged a couple times when I cycled the key, but the radio itself wouldn't power up.

I've got all the diagrams for everything, assuming that colors match colors, what am I missing? I heard there's a wire that's supposed to run to the fuse box? If so, I don't have one...

Here's what I've got.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Radio harness wire connected to aftermarket harness)
1. Black ground connected to black "Chassis ground"
2. Yellow battery connected to 12V battery constant
3. Red acc switch connected to 12V Ignition Switch wire
4. Pink parking brake (actually light green, not sure what happened there, but it's not connected to anything yet)
5. NC (not used)
6. Orange Rearview camera (not used)
7. Blue antenna (not used)
8. NC (not used)
9-16. Speaker connections

Not using the rest since it's all steering wheel controls, bluetooth speaker and backup camera.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the aftermarket harness, that leaves me with the following:

Orange illumination wire coming off the chime box

I'm sorry if this comes of as a jumbled random mess, but I've attached a single screenshot showing all three diagrams, left is factory, middle is Scosche, right is the radio. If anyone has any kind of advice (aside from throwing the Scosche harness), I'll definitely give it a try!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diagrams.jpg (167.5 KB, 17 views)

2005 Colorado
WIP, engine troubles...

Summer fun: 1993 Yamaha XJ600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 06:24 PM

Try connecting both the RED wire for the radio power AND the RED wire for the accessory power. That is how I was able to get mine to work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:48 PM

I installed my radio and everything was fine then the chimes stopped and next day nothing, I pulled it out and the factory unit worked . So I knew there was power because I could hear the CD player motor, probing the red wire showed no power and it came from the Scosche chime unit hmm. I called the Scosche support line and he said I had to reset the chime module, that was unplugging the chime then plug it in turn the key on and off and wait 10 minutes without opening the doors. It then worked for another day and I called back he said to cut the red and feed it to the ignition on power. The Colorado is a 2010 and the only switch aux power I found was the empty sunroof socket I ran a lead to the red and everything worked. But every once in awhile when turning the radio cuts out and comes back on, I think I need to find another aux switch power tap

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:14 PM

Nobody has had good luck with the Scosche wire harness for the Colorado/Canyon computer system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode