Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
C

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    13 Posts
    Hey Cart- Hope this message finds you well- You may remember me. You helped me diagnose and find a gear range selector cable for my 2006 gmc canyon. About a year and a half ago, I upgraded to the 2016 colorado v6 CCLB. LOVE IT. But I'm having a problem. This time it's ignition key getting stuck as outlined in this thread:

https://www.coloradofans.com/forums/201-2nd-gen-electronics-audio-lighting/379681-ignition-key-getting-stuck.html

It's probably a switch in the button on the front of the gear shift knob, if I turn off the truck and then try to pull the key in one fell swoop, it is stuck. Then I turn the key back to accessory mode. and press the button on the gear shift until I hear a 2 clicks, it releases the key. I learned it's either a Shift interlock solenoid or switch.

Would you happen to have any insight on this.

Thanks so much for thoughts.

· Registered
    28 Posts
    I was reading some prior post on valve cover removal,and I think it was you that has some instructions on removing the valve cover,I sure could use a copy of them. I have an "2005" Canyon with a 3.5 I5 engine, that occasionally smokes on start up. I've read that I need to unclog some holes under the PCV side valve cover.Any help that you can give me would be a big appreciated. My e'mail is jeffreyril@ameritech.net.

· Registered
    3 Posts
    2007 2 wheel drive chvy colorado WT - (work truck) base model , standard ,no electric windows or door locks

· Registered
    6 Posts
    Need instructions on valve cover gasket removal and install. I have a 2004 Colorado with the 3.5L 5 cylinder engine. Installed new spark plugs today and had small amount of oil in #3 and #4 spark plug areas.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Kyle Brunk
    debandkyle@gmail.com

· Registered
    5 Posts
    thank you so much Cart, I cleaned the black box and it worked, thank you so much! you my friend, are AWESOME!!!

· Registered
    28 Posts
    Hi Cart
    I found a universal joint that wll fit my truck in New Zealand and have ordered it
    Hopefully it will be flown in over the weekend.
    Hope you are out of the way of the hurricane....stay safe
    Jacko
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…