Language Reset in DIC - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Language Reset in DIC

Alright before I get roasted, I did a search on this and could not find anything. Has anybody else had a problem with their DIC changing to Spanish and then not being able to reset it to English? I already RTFM and the procedure in there does not work. I tried for 2 hours today. My truck is out of warranty and I hate the thought of paying my stealership to reset the **** thing just so I can read the DIC in my native language. This is freaking frustrating.
Victory Red 4WD Z85 Crew Cab; Z-71 Wheels with red bow ties, B.F. Goodrich All Terrains 32/11.5x15's, 2-inch Bubbalo lift shackles with t-bar crank, Black Nerf Bars, Black Softopper, Perrycraft Roof Rack, K & N Cold Air Intake, Spray on bedliner.
Clifford is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've never seen it refuse to change. And it's never done it on it's own. Ever.

Me thinks you have problem with BCM.

My Gallery
10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3
Danny45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

OK. Does any one have anything constructive to offer?
Victory Red 4WD Z85 Crew Cab; Z-71 Wheels with red bow ties, B.F. Goodrich All Terrains 32/11.5x15's, 2-inch Bubbalo lift shackles with t-bar crank, Black Nerf Bars, Black Softopper, Perrycraft Roof Rack, K & N Cold Air Intake, Spray on bedliner.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

So you think that wasn't constructive?? With 30 views and mine the only reply?

Fine. If you don't want to have the dealer look at the BCM, that's up to you.

My Gallery
10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3
Danny45 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Let's see...only 22 minutes between my post and your reply. Go ahead and beat me over the head with it. I'm sure I'll get some constructive advice before too long.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ZNA03 Send a message via MSN to ZNA03

Don't be a douche when a moderator is doing his best to help you... if he wouldnt have said anything im sure you woulda got all pissy and complained that noone on here is good for anything and doesnt help with crap or whatever...

Theres my constructive advice for you.

If you went through the proper procedure to change the language in the DIC then I think your doing something wrong because I just did it in my truck to test the manuals info.

Are you leaving the key in the ON position with the engine off?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Take it easy on the name calling. Didn't he imply that I was at fault for it changing over to Spanish in the first place? I didn't do a thing to it...one morning I go to start my truck, and there it is...in Spanish.

Yes, I am holding the key in the on position. I am thinking the problem could be the parking brake was on, since I have read in other posts about resetting the oil life indicator that the brake must be off. Maybe the parking brake must be off to reset the language also.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah it has to be... duh...

Nothing will display on the DIC besides PARKING BRAKE when the brake is on. I woulda thought you had figured that out by now if you were messing with it for over 2 hours

Take the brake off and follow the instructions in the manual. make sure the DIC is clear of any warnings or notices before you begin.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Your truck must be different then mine bro. The only message in the DIC I was getting was "hencho de mano"...which I don't think translates to "parking brake". But since you state above that "Nothing will display on the DIC besides PARKING BRAKE" our trucks must operate differently. BTW, the 2005 owners manual says nothing about the PB being off to start the procedure.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ok... when I said nothing I ment no warnings. The milage will still display like normal.

My owners manual doesnt say anything about the brake needing to be off but it's kind of an obvious step since you cannot operated the DIC when the Brake is ON.

Anyways "Hencho de mano" doesnt translate in english when i put it through any translators... all it says it means is "Hencho of hand" so i think you got the first word wrong. Go read it and translate the message with an online translator there might be an issue.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.