I just changed mine yesterday,It was occasionally getting a code when I was on the x-way. The code said the engine wasn't getting up to full temp,so it was suggested that I change the t-stat. The temp gauge would run at about 1/4 and after changing it runs about 1/2. I went through the driver side wheel well,which was a great way of doing it,drain the coolant,remove the innermost wheel well,you will need some extensions and a universal to reach the top bolt. I only unhooked the hose at the radiator,then un did the bolts and pulled the t-stat out with the hose on it. Once it was out I changed the hose to the new one,and put it back in,make sure to line up the mark on the hose with the line on the t-stat. Then I ran the old coolant thru a cloth to filter it and reused it,it wasn't but 6 months old. Everything went smooth,and I am very happy I did it,my heater worked a little hotter. I drove it around and the temp gauge stays steady at 1/2, I haven't had the chance yet to drive it on the x-way to see if it gets a code anymore,but will later today. Reading the previous post helped me greatly,thanks.