firing order and compression specs 06 Canyon? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default firing order and compression specs 06 Canyon?

I have been reeding up in this site about the colorado problems with the heads. Well guess what I have an 06 Canyon (love it) except the head problems. I keep getting the misfire code, bad gas mileage and rough idle. Did a compression test on the cylinders and found front cylinder 100psi next 145, 170, 110, 145. Does anyone know what they should be and what the firing order is? Truck has 68k and warranty has run out, also Canadian. Hope the dealer is willing to take responsibility. I am taking it in tomorrow for a leak-down test and see what they say.
Newmarket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: firing order and compression specs 06 Canyon?

i checked mine coulple months ago.at 12k miles, i got from front to back...225,210,210,210, and 185. not probs yet, just keepin tabs on it. you sound like you have a big problem
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just got the news back from the dealer. I asked them to do a leak-down test and told them what my thoughts were. The service advisor called me in the afternoon and told me their compression test showed all good cylinders. They thought it was an electrical problem and were switching out coils and plugs. The next thing they were going to do was remove rocker cover and check under. I thought that was funny as they thought it was an electrical problem. My next call to them the advisor told me the head was gone and the truck was not drivable. I thought OK here goes, they are taking care of prelim work ($220.00) estimate and all work and parts. All I have to cover is Oil change and injector clean ($140.00) Great news but the Head is the same as original. Won't I have the same problem 60K down the road. I will check the compression after break in and record them for later reference. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

from my understanding, you should get a head with the hardened valve seats.that is the reasron in the first place for it going bad.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thats what I'm getting, Thanks for the info. I also did not realize that they have timing chains not belts.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Got it back today, runs great. Hopefully I will see an increase in fuel milage. Im sure I will. GM took care of it without question. Just had to pay for an oil change and injector clean $145. I will wait a couple of weeks before I put the cold air back in. I will also add Lucas oil additive, I like what I have heard about the product. Anyone have any input about it? Next major purchase for the truck will be exhaust and spray on bed liner. Still would like to know the firing order if anyone knows. Did the front brakes today, that was fun. Had to take out the hub assembly to get at the rotor. First one took 5 hours, second one took 1 hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.