CEL Code P0068 - MAP Sensor? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default CEL Code P0068 - MAP Sensor?

Here's the problem, started this past weekend: (2005 z71 - I-5, 65,000)

When starting the truck at first it did not want to turn over at all. (Which made me think it was the battery). After a few turns of the key, it turned over, but ran really really rough, like it was only firing 2 cylinders. I turned the truck off, and let it sit for a minute, and it turned over fine, but CEL remained on. Got it scanned and it was throwing code P0068. I've done some searching on here, but really haven't had much luck (a lot about the camshaft solenoid valve, but i checked that and it looked fine). I called the dealer and told them the code, and the tech said it was most likely a bad MAP sensor. Is there a way to check if the sensor is bad? What else could it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
webbman81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: CEL Code P0068 - MAP Sensor?

ok heres how to diagnose your code P0068
Follow these instructions and it will tell you whats wrong
If you run into a problem or cant get ahold of a scan tool,(ask around someone prolly has one that you can use), ill be checking this post every couple days to help you out

hope this helps
06colorado2wd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.