How to reset the Service engine light? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to reset the Service engine light?

I changed my o2 sensor. How do you reset the service engine light?
11plater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: How to reset the Service engine light?

Safest way is to take it to autozone they'll clear the code, or unhook your battery for a few minutes.
2005canyon_crew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

i did the same thing.. replaced o2 sensor with oem sensro from chevy dealership and the light went off on its own for a day or two.. the light came back on and has stayed on.. i replaced the sensor again with the same results.. ive reset the code with an obd2 and disconnected the battery for 24 hrs.. each time the light goes off but after a matter of time it comes back on.. really annoying me.. any ideas what it might be then?
Mitchell13694 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

i did the same thing.. replaced o2 sensor with oem sensro from chevy dealership and the light went off on its own for a day or two.. the light came back on and has stayed on.. i replaced the sensor again with the same results.. ive reset the code with an obd2 and disconnected the battery for 24 hrs.. each time the light goes off but after a matter of time it comes back on.. really annoying me.. any ideas what it might be then? this is the code that comes up.. P0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
Mitchell13694 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

You may have replaced the wrong sensor. I've done it before. Sucks when you have to buy the second sensor, but then I heard that they usually go out in pairs anyway.
JezterVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell13694
i did the same thing.. replaced o2 sensor with oem sensro from chevy dealership and the light went off on its own for a day or two.. the light came back on and has stayed on.. i replaced the sensor again with the same results.. ive reset the code with an obd2 and disconnected the battery for 24 hrs.. each time the light goes off but after a matter of time it comes back on.. really annoying me.. any ideas what it might be then?
Get it scanned and let us know if you have any codes.
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.