Truck wont start 2005 GMC Canyon - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Truck wont start 2005 GMC Canyon

Truck will not start...When I put key in ignition the dash comes on no errors like check engine no security lights etc..I turn key nothing.Doesnt click click click(Battery) Doesnt attempt to turn over nothing.Put on a scanner and no codes pop up.Started truck direct from battery to starter truck starts up fine.Took apart steering column and replaced ignition switch still nothing.Tried to reset computer by holding neg. to pos. for 20 seconds still nothing.Also I charged the battery and cleaned terminals still nothing.Where can I look next is this possibly a bad computer?Any help would be greatly appreciated.The truck is 4wd 2.8 Automatic.Thanks,
Matt
lyo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Truck wont start 2005 GMC Canyon

sounds like theres a short somewhere in the starter circuit
deepseadynamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

The first place I would look is fuse 43 (30 amp) then relay 62 and relay 61. After that it would be the neutral safety switch.

You probably should go download the "Starting Automatic Trans.pdf schematic and take some voltage readings there to see which way to go. (I am new to this forum and could not figure out how to add the file to this posting.)

As a example from the schematic, if there is +12 coming out of Relay 82 then everything upstream is OK and you have a bad starter solenoid.

It is kind of hard to help diagnose this further without some voltage readings from the various components.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

http://www.naskie18.com/colorado/schema ... 0Trans.pdf
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cv
The first place I would look is fuse 43 (30 amp) then relay 62 and relay 61. After that it would be the neutral safety switch.

You probably should go download the "Starting Automatic Trans.pdf schematic and take some voltage readings there to see which way to go. (I am new to this forum and could not figure out how to add the file to this posting.)

As a example from the schematic, if there is +12 coming out of Relay 82 then everything upstream is OK and you have a bad starter solenoid.

It is kind of hard to help diagnose this further without some voltage readings from the various components.

I see you refer to fuse/relay #'s.... like # 43... How do I find out what fuse is what number/location?

I am having the same problem but, my truck is a standard. I realy don't think it has anything to do with the clutch switch. Please help. This is my only transpertation and I have my baby to take to daycare. Please.. Thanks yall

'69 Chevy C10 LWB "Parts Truck"

'06 GMC CANYON Z85 "Daily Driver"
LOW DOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

ok found something with all the numbers.

http://www.coloradofans.com/forums/v...hp?f=8&t=47680

Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
jpo

Is the Passlock System tripped preventing starting? Locked door with Remote Keyless Entry but opened the door with the key?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

I don't have Keyless Entry.

I bypassed everything. I took a wire from the starter and one from the Batt. and brought them in the cap. I have to turn the key to on then touch the 2 wires together to get it to start. Ofcours my foot is on the clutch too.

So it's not the keyless thing.

Any other ideas guys??

thanks, I don't like hot wireing my truck. I looks bad. HAHAHA

Edit: Sorry don't mean to highjack this thread. I made a new one.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74041&p=987455#p987455

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.