BODY CONTROL MODULE PROBLEMS - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default BODY CONTROL MODULE PROBLEMS

on my brand new colorado 2009 my turn signal flashers stopped working after 4 days.first they thought it was TURN SIGNAL SWITCH,nope, not that.
NOW they feel its a BCM=BODY CONTROL MODULE.i guess this thing controls a lot of things in our trucks,wipers,passlock,door locks,turn signals,alarms.

anyone have this problem .after doing a lot of reading on net i found a lot of people with BCM problems.expensive repair as high as 1,000 dollars.they also say a trick is to pull the IOD=IGNITION OFF DRAW FUSE and wait 10 minutes and put it back in.they said it MAY bring the BCM back to life.
sproulman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: BODY CONTROL MODULE PROBLEMS

from 6/22/09 until today 7/2/09 i have been without turn signals.they ordered turn signal switch and 4 way flasher.none of those were problem.they got no CODE that the BCM=BODY CONTROL MODULE was bad.they ordered the BCM and put it in today.flashers are working fine now.

i talked to guy today that had same problem,took the BCM out and bought a relay from a company that makes them for around 4 dollars.he had a friend who does soldering at radio shop put it in.it worked.they wanted 600 dollars for new BCM.he was over the warranty.i may do that with my motorguide trolling motor,they dont make this motor anymore but i bet i can get a relay for it.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

My '09 (with less than 1000 miles) is in the shop now due to the front parking lamps not working. They're replacing the BCM today.
rshadd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

seems that many of these trucks, regardless of year have BCM problems
boston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston
seems that many of these trucks, regardless of year have BCM problems

funny, codes they had were for turn signal and 4 way flasher codes but not for a BCM.SO, THEY REPLACED ALL 3 .
Old 07-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshadd
My '09 (with less than 1000 miles) is in the shop now due to the front parking lamps not working. They're replacing the BCM today.

my new 2009 had 500 miles on it when the BCM=BODY CONTROL MODULE went bad.problem i believe is RELAYS.we are having same problems with out trolling motors made by MOTORGUIDE.its always a RELAY problem inside the MODULE.sadly now everyone is going DIGITAL and our ANALOG trolling motors they have no parts.they want you to throw away a 900 dollar trolling motor ,i was so mad over this
Old 11-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

I had a problem where the bcm shut down the drivers power window and all the door locks on my '04 colorado.
I disconnected both battery cables and connected them together (OFF THE BATTERY) to drain the computer. I waited for three hours, reconnected the battery and everything worked just fine. the clock will have to be reset.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

They replaced the BCM in my truck under warranty about 3 months after I bought it. I don't even remember why it was in the shop. I think just for service. Then someone smelled smoke from the A-pillar. Turned out wiring was pinched and shorting out. So they replace that and the BCM.

My Gallery
10,000 Posts Club Member #1
Conservative Club Member #2
Gun Toting American Club Member #3
Danny45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

a lot of times its the trailer wiring that is shorting out the BCM.i really believe that i did my BCM in with shorted trailer wiring.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

mines not sending the signal to turn on the radio after startup. ive had my avic d3 for a while now. it just started happening a few months ago. no codes either. buddy at an electrical shop hooked up to the truck and scaned everything. scan showed it was sending a signal, but nothing. ilminated the head unit and the chime????? have to bypass the bcm i guress.

The Wolf! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.