Speed Sensor - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Speed Sensor

Okay so i took my truck to a local auto repair shop and they hooked up the abs scanner and they said that the right front wheel speed sensor was bad and also the vss but i think there just throwing that in for extra work. But anyways, in my haynes manual it says if the front wheel speed sensor becomes damages the entire hub/wheel assebly must be replaced because the sensor is integral with each hub. If this is true why did they list a fron speed sensor on my estimate and why does gm parts direct and rock auto both list speed sensors seperate?
XtremeRado8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
CALI-BOSS

Send a message via ICQ to DBNissan Send a message via AIM to DBNissan Send a message via MSN to DBNissan
Default Re: Speed Sensor

The speed sensors are built into the hub. The part is priced at about what you think it should be. However, it will cost you a ton in labor to replace it.

Is you ABS light on? If it's not on then there's no problems with the sensors.

DBNissan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yea my abs light is on and i cannot go above about 30 mph or it acts like my truck is thrown in neutral and my speedometer flickers and abs fault traction fault comes up on my dash. They scanned it and said it was the right fron wheel speed sensor and vss.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

So why does the wheel speed sensor sold seperate?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can buy the ABS sensor separate from the hub, NAPA also sells them.
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well i finally just took it to a dealer. The VSS was bad, and this is a shocker. The PCM is bad. Good news the PCM is covered under warrenty, so all i have to pay for is the VSS. And i also got a free key outa the situation because they locked my key in the truck lol, i needed an extra anyway.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well the dealer called today. They got the pcm installed and theres still problems. I dont think they know what there doing
Old 10-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ok well the dealer called me today. There conclusion was that....... A bushing in the very back of my transmission was wore out witch caused the drivshaft to be able to wobble witch caused the vss to go bad witch fried my PCM. The pcm was under warrenty, the speed sensor was 195 and the transmission must be completly dissassembled to replace this bushing they say. So my grand total will be just over $1000 what do you guys think. Personally i thinking there trying to get me to bend over.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Great news from the dealer today. They were putting my transmission back in and they didnt get the converter lined up and bent the flywheel when they pulled the bolts in. YAY ill never get my truck back. Im beginning to forget what color it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.