Install - EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve CANYON - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

As an aside, I just ordered that part from Amazon for 20 bucks, shipped
Ed
z16monte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

I am having the same problem with locating the EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve. I can't access the thread provided. Can someone help me with replacing this? Thanks.
crivera1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to braindead1684

Quote:
Originally Posted by crivera1 View Post
I am having the same problem with locating the EVAP Purge Solenoid Valve. I can't access the thread provided. Can someone help me with replacing this? Thanks.

The condensed version,

Lower spare tire
Under the Bed of the truck above axle you will see a big 12" x 6" rectangle i beleive there are two 10mm bolts holding it in. Remove that box and unhook the line, you should be able to swap out the solenoid and reuse the hose, i had to break the solenoid to get the hose off (pinched the end of the hose and broke the plastic inside then pulled it off.

Then re-install in reverse.
Window In-Channel Vents
DDM Tuning 55w 6000k HID
Fosgate Punch 10" Sub w. Custom Box.
braindead1684 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

New member here and this is my first post. I have a 2005 Canyon (I-5) and I've had an issue with code P0446 for the past year. The engine light keeps coming on and off. My dealer said I should replace the evap vent and purge solenoids for $300. From the parts breakdown I've seen online I can't find an evap vent. I do see these parts (part# 25932569 purge control valve and 12597567 purge solenoid) I believe the purge control valve is located in the back near the fuel tank and evap canister. I would like to replace the purge solenoid but I can't seem to locate it. The person that started this post had a picture of the purge solenoid...where does it go?

Thanks!!
VA_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

There are two separate valves in the Evap System. A Vent valve and a Purge valve. The Purge valve is mounted on the engine and the Vent valve is mounted next to the charcoal canister, under the truck bed, forward of the spare tire. Replacing the Vent valve usually corrects the P0446 DTC.

Some more info here:How to: Replace your Evap Canister/Solenoid (P0455 code) - Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum

Edit: you need the part number 25932569.
cart7881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Thanks cart7881. Good info at the link you referenced. Can you tell me where on the engine the purge valve is located? A picture would be great.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_GMC View Post
Thanks cart7881. Good info at the link you referenced. Can you tell me where on the engine the purge valve is located? A picture would be great.
Replace the vent valve on the Canister first. It is a high failure item on the this vehicle.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM   #18 (permalink)

Will Do. Thanks n9cv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.