Future of colorado - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Future of colorado

found this on yahoo:
Chevy Colorado pickup. (About $18,000; unconfirmed; 30 percent.) This compact pickup never really found its niche, with less towing capacity than competitors and a cabin that wasn't quite as refined. When outfitted with a few options, it came close in price to its big brother, the Chevy Silverado—a much more rugged truck. But the Colorado is still a serviceable pickup that's great for light hauling. Its nearly identical cousin, the GMC Canyon, will also be retired around the same time as the Colorado, and has the same residual value. so are they saying 2010 last year. i think so and that means chevy and gm are giving up on small trucks. i think if they would have put more into the colorado it could have given the boast. but they would rather have toyota take over small trucks. what a shame.
jmaggio2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Future of colorado

Aww that kinda sucks. That means Ford, Toyota and Nissan will be taking over the midsize truck biz
Future Mods:
CAI, 4" Lift, PCM Tune, Brush Guard
camaroguy6921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thats Crappy, i was looking to buy a brand new CC in the next couple years.
Canyon & Colorado Club Of Canada Memeber #12
Lifted Member #248
Access Vanish Tonneau Cover
Billit grille, chrome altezza tail lights.

15 X 8 Core Racing Explorer
2" T Bar crank, 1.5" shackles

Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD
JL 250/1 Pioneer TS-SW1041D (10" shallow)

Waiting to install:
Pioneer TS-A702C (front). TS-D170R (rear)
Pioneer GM-6000F (50 X 4 RMS)
white06Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is what I have heard from people I know in the automotive industry, GM has no intention of building the Colorado/Canyon pickup past 2010. Is it any wonder GM went bankrupt with stragegic decisions like this? The one time in the last several decades when our economy would support a truck that is less expensive and more economical than your typical full size truck, and GM decides to stop making it. Pure genious if I ever saw it.

3GMC
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to naskie18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GMC
This is what I have heard from people I know in the automotive industry, GM has no intention of building the Colorado/Canyon pickup past 2010. Is it any wonder GM went bankrupt with stragegic decisions like this? The one time in the last several decades when our economy would support a truck that is less expensive and more economical than your typical full size truck, and GM decides to stop making it. Pure genious if I ever saw it.

3GMC
The Colorado/Canyon are supposed to end 2012. As far as your statement about this being a good time for a midsize truck, none of them are doing well, and the Colorado/Canyon is selling nowhere near what the S-10/Sonoma did.

I'm not saying I dislike the truck, but the midsize market is shrinking, and the Colorado/Canyon isn't even holding the percentage of a shrinking market that the previous entry had.

Replacement for the Colorado/Canyon is supposed to come from GM Brazil.

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

naskie18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskie18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GMC

3GMC
The Colorado/Canyon are supposed to end 2012. As far as your statement about this being a good time for a midsize truck, none of them are doing well, and the Colorado/Canyon is selling nowhere near what the S-10/Sonoma did.

I'm not saying I dislike the truck, but the midsize market is shrinking, and the Colorado/Canyon isn't even holding the percentage of a shrinking market that the previous entry had.

Replacement for the Colorado/Canyon is supposed to come from GM Brazil.
The Tacoma is doing well!
2005 Z71 LS Crew Cab 4X4 L52, 4L60E, GT4, Silver Birch Metallic MAXX Shackles: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...here-here.html MAXX Cam JR Lift Kit for 4X4 & 2WD Z71: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...ering-kit.html
MAXX Stak Lift Kit for 2WD: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...t-numbers.html PerforMAXX Body Lift: http://www.355nation.net/forum/suspe...y-spacers.html
ssgjurista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 05:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

i don't really agree with mid-size not doing well . i think toyota has done well for small trucks. think about it cash for clunkers. did not the goverment want smaller and better. not that i will make my choice on goverments needs. i think gm had something and just gave up on it .
jmaggio2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

I really think the price of new cars/trucks have exploded in the past 10yrs, and is contributing to them not selling as well as the S10/Sonoma. And not just these trucks but alot of vehicles. In the late 90's early 2000's an fully loaded S10 could be had for around 20k, now a fully loaded colorado is 28k-32k depending on engine. I know my paychecks haven't gotten that much bigger. These are great trucks GM just dropped the ball with them and there really isn't anyone to blame but them.
Lifted member #264
4" Skyjacker lift, 2" Shackles, 16x8 Pro Comp 8128, Toyo open country M/T 285/75R16
K&N CAI, Gutted pre-cat, MBRP exhaust, PCM4less tune
Kenwood DNX5120, Subthump box, Solobaric 8L7, Kicker amp, Infinity Kappa door speakers
SSK Crossmember Caps, Auto shifter
SuperSkidz front skid plate
fbody4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Could be related to the H3 sell off.
wpage505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to naskie18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbody4life
I really think the price of new cars/trucks have exploded in the past 10yrs, and is contributing to them not selling as well as the S10/Sonoma. And not just these trucks but alot of vehicles. In the late 90's early 2000's an fully loaded S10 could be had for around 20k, now a fully loaded colorado is 28k-32k depending on engine. I know my paychecks haven't gotten that much bigger.
My '95 S-10 and my '04 Colorado stickered for within ~1500 of each other and were similarly optioned.

I don't know what the crew cab S-10/Sonoma was priced at when that came out, but ~1500 in 9 years doesn't seem that bad to me, especially considering the Colorado has more options that weren't available on the S-10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaggio2
i don't really agree with mid-size not doing well . i think toyota has done well for small trucks.
And you're basing this on what? GM sold ~40K 355s in 2009, Toyota ~110K Tacomas, Ford ~55k Rangers, and I can't find numbers for the Dakota for 09 but there were only about 26K sales in 08.

But looking at the sales numbers for the four above trucks, the market has been declining since '05 or earlier...

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

naskie18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.