How to: Permanently disable the passlock II system. - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: How to: Permanently disable the passlock II system.

@elg3

I have this problem too. On my 2004 Chevy Colorado 75K miles.

Does anyone know if cutting this wire and thereby having the light on the dash stay on cause any problems when trying to get an inspection?
prrizza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

I appear to be having an issue with the passlock on my 2005 Colorado I4. For the longest time, I didn't know why my truck wouldn't start. I cleaned my battery terminals, replaced my fuel filter, and added fuel cleaning agents but with no success. I've even taken the truck to a shop that had the truck for weeks but couldn't get the problem to occur. The problem likes to happen when I'm driving it in far off places or at the gas station.

Thankfully, I paid attention to the dash lights and noticed the security light flashing. I immediately came here to check and sure enough, the problem was experienced elsewhere. I would like to get it corrected the right way instead of just cutting the wire. If the repair costs too much, I'm going to cut that wire.
GideoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

I did this... I worked for a few weeks and it seems its acting up again...
jeffnichols112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

I had a compu star remote started put in the truck 2 years ago, I have a 2005 GMC Canyon Vortec 3500, and just recently the trucks passlock is acting up like every week! Leaving me stranded for the 5-10 min thing. posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=84432#

I know there was a bypass module put in when the remote start was installed at future shop not sure what the make is.

Do you guys know if my problem could be due to the bypass f#@n up or the key-ignition on the truck? Any help would be great, I will keep searching the forms as well.

I may have to get this fixed asap for work, I'm just not sure if i should take it to the dealer or future shop.

Cheers
aboetto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

In light of a recent How To for passlock problems I am reviving this thread and stating that my 04 I5 Z71 with 96K is acting up pass lock related and wondering if this is a wise fix to the problem as it is obviously cheaper and quicker fix. Also jeffnichols not to question your ability but are you sure you did the fix correctly? If so does anyone know why the problem would still occur if the wire was cut?
sunkistZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Also can PCM4Less do anything to disable the passlock system..As I am looking to get a tune sometime soon so I'll go ahead and order one if it'll fix my problem
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well any information on cutting some wires???
Old 09-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just did it to my 2006 colorado and is working just like author said, but be careful in the low light the stripped green/white wire looks exactly like the stripped blue/white wire. Wish I could buy you a beer in gratitude.
boohda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #19 (permalink)

Your suggested fix worked!!!

I too was having starting problems, apparently due to the passlock. My truck which is a 2006 Colorado, 4cyl, 5 spd, would randomly not start. After waiting 10 minutes it finally would start. I started to search the internet and ran across this post. As I read over it, I kept thinking, "this is too simple, too easy. What is the catch? Does this guy know what he is talking about?" Well come to find out he does!! After much hand wringing, I snipped the wire. My truck has not failed to start since. Yes, your light does glow on the dashboard but hey, that is better than a several hundred dollar trip to the dealer.

One final thing. Where do you find the LED mod how to?

Noximus, thanks for your fix!!!
maxthepoke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 08:55 AM   #20 (permalink)

My Colorado has done this everyday ! for 2 weeks. I have changed the battery, the fuel pump, plugs,boots, fuel filter and cleaned the MASS.... STILL DOING IT ! ! ! Im trying this today... THANK YOU......
techniques sexythree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.