Power Door Locks - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Power Door Locks

I have read and in fact the door lock and window problem before. This is different, my door lock (2004 Canyon Z71 2WD) works on the drivers door but none of the other doors. all the windows work fine. any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do they lock/unlock with the key fob? How about when you press the button on the armwrest? Did they all stop working simultaneously?
442_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have the same problem on my 04 chevy Colorado z71 4x4 i can unlock/lock my driver door with both armrest bottons but my pass. will not move unles you move it by hand
chevyman 25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442_mike View Post
Do they lock/unlock with the key fob? How about when you press the button on the armwrest? Did they all stop working simultaneously?
the key fob doesn't work either, it only opens the driver door. the armrest button works the same, unlocks the driver door but doesn't affect the others. Yes they all stopped working at the same time.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the same exact issue on my 2004 Colorado....Did anyone find a way to fix this?
papaE81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

On my fob I press open once and the drivers unlocks , I press twice and the pass. will unlock. I wonder if the inside unlock could work the same. Programing wise. I can reset the power locks to ulock one or both when the truck goes from drive to park. Hope that helps. Does the cc have a lock out switch for the rear window controls that only the driver can operate the other window??
Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default reset door locks?

bondo_dust how exactly did you program the switch. maybe i set the door switch to only do my door by accident! what are the steps?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Do you have your owners manual?? engine off key in lock position press lock button for 3 seconds. press the dis button for 1 sec.and more than 1 sec. to set the mode.
mode1 all lock when not in park or 15mph, all unlock in park or when key removed with man. tranns. mode2 no locks, none unlock mode3 same as 1 but only drivers unlocks at park or key removed mode 4 same but no doors unlock in park or key out with man. key fob can be set up also. owners manual has the info for that too. Key in off Press lock and unlock on fob at same time till is says RFA on dic Push dic button 1sec. shows mode. Mode 1 flashes park lamps on lock or unlock Mode2Same but horn beeps on lock unlock lights flash. mode3Park lamps and horn lock and unlock... Mode4 RFA inactive push dic buttom to scroll thru modes and hold for 2 sec. to set mode.. Have fun with that
Old 01-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default ok but not a solution for this problem

Thanks for the reply, however, the lock mode doesn't really help in solving this problem. I can't operate the locks manually so automatically also doesn't work. are the locks operated by a vacuum pump or is it all electric?
Old 01-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Electric... Fuses???
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.