As I resolve code P0300 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy As I resolve code P0300

I need help please! I have a 2006 Colorado I5 3.5L As I resolve code P0300 and I turn off the check engine light. I try to change O2 Sensor, Air filter, Spark plus, coils over spark everythin but nothing result. I dont now, If any person has the same problem please answer tell me what happens and what part i will change.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

If I am not wrong... p0300 is the random missfire...Truck does not know which cylinder has misfire...Just that it has one...Lots of stuff I suppose it could be...Let me be the first to tell you...Try the search function on this site first if you have issues...Then ask us if you find nothing there...Just tryin to save you some bashing...LOL Good luck with your truck !!
Tweek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default p0300 code

I am having the same issue now and i can't figure out what it is as well. About two months ago i change all five coil packs and spark plugs i also changed to a K&N cold air intake i cleaned the mass flow and TB at that time and it has been running good since then but today i went out and started it up for the first time today and it is running rough and throwing a P0300 code witch is multible misfire. I just cleaned the mass flow again just to be sure and to most part it was clean. Still the same issue i'm wondering if my problem is also coming from the passlock my truck locks me out a few times a week now my next step is to change the ign./passlock sensor. Any suggestions???
travis dietz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I would not think the passlock system would cause rough running condition or a p0300...Just would stop it from starting until it resets...But IDK Good luck with the fix !!
Tweek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

I dealt with this mystery for at least a year or so guys before my MAP sensor finally gave out altogether and threw my truck in reduced power mode one night. I then limped the truck to AutoZone, got a new MAP sensor thrown in there and it was like a brand new truck again! Haven't had a P0300 code since!

Definitely check your MAP sensor guys,(and the MAF for that matter too!) they can and will go bad on you with little to no warning, also check your battery if it's at least 3 years old or older. These trucks go nuts when the battery starts going south and P0300 error codes are common when that happens.(amongst other error codes, hah!) Another thing to look for I've found with the wiring harness/plug for my MAP is that the plug may have a short or loose/frayed wiring. A way to check this is to wiggle on the plug to the sensor while the truck is running. If the engine stumbles(and even throws an pending error code) you may want to replace the plug for the sensor as well.

Anyway, hope this helps, the sensors and electrical system of this truck are very touchy it seems. I'd start there when it comes to the P0300 code, at least you're not getting P030x codes right? (where it's a known cylinder misfiring)

Last edited by Colly_shifter; 06-06-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Colly_shifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a 06 with 157k miles and I4 cylinders. I got a P0030 and P0135 code I pulled with a cheapo Harbor Freight scanner (very good tool to have). I called XL Parts here in Houston and cost $115 for both sensors (its better to change both sensors same time, after reading many posts and talking to many mechanics so that you kill 2 birds w/ one stone). However, before I bought the 2 sensors, I read to check the connections on each sensor and check the fuse. I unconnected then reconnected each plug from each sensor (which was very easy). Then I checked the 10amp fuse under the hood labeled (O2 Snr). The fuse looked good but I still switched out the Cruise Control Sensor 10amp that is right next to it to double check the O2 fuse. I then erased the codes with my scanner. I drove my truck 40miles to work and no check engine light! I then tried the Cruise Control to see if the old O2 fuse is bad and the Cruise Ctrl did not work! Bingo. So it was the fuse that was blown. I will still change both sensors, clean the plug/connectors with electrical spray and see if I can get better than my 17 hwy mpg plus, this truck has been taking me to work to a good paying job for 7 years!
jn1285 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have a 06 colorado, was has having same po300. around the same time i recieved a recall notice about certain 06 trucks within a particular serial # range that had tight valve guides. Dealer put new head on, po300 never came back on. Was done at about 90,000 miles, now has 188,000 miles.
colorado1216 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
I need help please! I have a 2006 Colorado I5 3.5L As I resolve code P0300 and I turn off the check engine light. I try to change O2 Sensor, Air filter, Spark plus, coils over spark everythin but nothing result. I dont now, If any person has the same problem please answer tell me what happens and what part i will change.
I have the similar problem, engine misfire at idle, replaced timing chain, sprockets, repaired head, replaced crank and cam sensors, and actuator, new spark plugs. The only code I get is multiple misfire. Engine was working smoothly for the first week after the repair, but would turn off on idle after getting to normal operating temp. But now, is hard to start when cold, and is misfiring all the time, I am not getting any codes other than multiple misfire, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
dcrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrz View Post
I have the similar problem, engine misfire at idle, replaced timing chain, sprockets, repaired head, replaced crank and cam sensors, and actuator, new spark plugs. The only code I get is multiple misfire. Engine was working smoothly for the first week after the repair, but would turn off on idle after getting to normal operating temp. But now, is hard to start when cold, and is misfiring all the time, I am not getting any codes other than multiple misfire, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I too have a similar problem, started not long after I put in K&N CAI. DTC's:P0300, P2135, P1516; sometime I get others on my scanner. Mine is 2006 2.8 w 100,000 miles. Replaced plugs & coils, cleaned throttle body. Reduced power mode started after I replaced crank/cam sensors. Haven't tried re-installing stock air intake/filter yet. Chevy dealer told me i have a stretched timing chain and excessive cam shaft endplay. From cold start, (when it starts) I have to clear dtc's, then it starts with the rough idle and metallic screech. Clear dtc's again and it runs fine, as long as I baby the throttle. I've read here and elsewhere that i need a pcm relearn. I had the passlock engine wont start for 10 minutes problem before all of this, so I cut the wire like the how-to said from here. Can anyone advise if I need to reconnect the passlock wire so pcm can relearn? Much thanks in advance for any advise.
erclerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

after crank sensor replacement, a CKP relearn needs to be performed with a higher end scan tool or Tech2.

None of this goes with the metallic screech though. Which codes are coming back?
extremity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.