LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to koolz71
Tip: Changing Automatic door lock modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by [size=150
2004 Owner's Manual Page 3-39 & 3-40[/size]]

Automatic Door Locks

With the vehicles engine off, and the ignition in the Lock position, press and hold the power door lock button for approximately three seconds until the DIC displays the current door lock mode. Then press and hold the reset stem for approximately two seconds to switch modes. The following are the mode choices:

Lock 1 (default)
Lock all doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK(P) with an automatic transmission, or when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 MPH (24 hm/h) with a manual transmission. Doors will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK(P) with an automatic transmission, or when the ignition key is removed on a manual transmission.

Lock 2
Turns off the automatic door locks

Lock 3
Lock all doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK(P) with an automatic transmission, or when the speed is greater than 15 MPH(24km/hr) with a manual transmission. Drivers door will unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK(P) with an automatic transmission, or when the ignition key is removed on a manual transmision.

Lock 4
Lock all doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK(P) with an automatic transmission, or when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 MPH (24 km/hr) with a manual transmission. No doors will unlock

[color=orange]Once your selection is made, press the trip odometer reset stem QUICKLY ! The DIC should go blank at this point.[/orange]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 03:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 Owner's Manual - Pg 3-37
Automatic Door Locks
This feature allows you to program your door locks to a
preferred setting.
To set your choice for this feature, perform the
following steps:
1. With the engine off, turn the key to LOCK.
2. Press and hold the power door lock button for approximately three seconds until the DIC display shows the current door lock mode.
3. To view the next available mode, press and hold the reset stem for approximately two seconds. Release the reset stem and press and hold again to view each mode.
4. Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC display, briefly press the reset stem to set your choice. The DIC display will then clear.

The following are the available modes:

Lock 1 (default): On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).
On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks all of the doors when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 2: On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks the driver’s door when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).
On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks the driver’s door when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 3: On vehicles with an automatic transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P). The doors will not automatically unlock.
On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h). The doors will not automatically unlock.

3-37

Ken Deatrick
2017 COLORADO 4WD LT EXT CAB Z85

2004 COLORADO 4WD LS EXT CAB Z85 - CT15653
Mods:
Silver GM Hood Protector, Silver GM Small Flares, Factory Style Fog Lamps added
Rhino Liner, Fold-A-Cover, Carriage Works Billet Grille, Silverstar Bulbs

1957 BELAIR 4 DOOR HARD TOP

My CarDomain Gallery
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 12:34 PM

Your advice worked great. Thanks. I went by the book and I couldn't get it to work. I went by the instructions on the thread and now my doors will not unlock when I put it in park, which is want I wanted.

Thanks
Tim

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-2005, 09:32 PM

Great info on this issue, however what should I do. My truck locks when I turn it on no matter what. If I turn on the electrical everything locks and no matter what I set the mode to. Strange huh? I want to disable the auto lock feature but it won't let me.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 07:19 PM

My '05 will not let me disable my auto door locks either and they're really getting old, especially with a manual tranny.

'05 Chevy Colorado LS Ext. Cab Z71
Dark Metallic Green/Medium Dark Pewter
I5 Engine/5-Speed Manual, 3.73 Rear Axle
K&N Aircharger Kit (To be installed at 1000 miles)
Line-X Bedliner
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 01:35 PM

Oh so you cant disable it in 2005 models?

2005 Colorado LS Z71 2WD Crew Cab

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegofast
Oh so you cant disable it in 2005 models?
It worked on my 2005. I just did it. When you push the reset button don't just push and release. Push and hold until the mode changes.

2005 Colorado Z71 4X4
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 03:07 PM

seems that 05 are missing option #2 to disable the auto lock completly, mine is like this unless there is some magic way to get to this option, auto door locks are here to stay...not a fan of this at all.

05 Colorado Z85 LS Reg Cab I5 M5
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Senior Administrator

Garage
It works on my on my 2006 CANYON.
Thanks for the info.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:20 PM

I have a 2005 Colorado and the same instructions are in my manual, but it didn't work for me. I've pressed and held the lock button with the door closed and open, with the radio on and with it off, with the engine on and with the engine off. Nothing shows up when I do this.

2005 Colorado LS
Z85 Dark Cherry Red Ext. Cab, 3.5L I-5/Auto
Undercover® Hard Tonneau Cover
Bedmat

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 11:15 PM

Nope nothing here, still have those morbid auto locks, someday there will be enough people who have died because they could not excape there 355.

I'm really starting to hate this intelligent programming. Damit i want to think for myself, if i want the doors to stay unlocked let them be unlocked. And no, i'm not going to manualy do it it myself.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Senior Administrator

Garage
Like I always said, If the vehicles get so smart they can go to work and make the monthy payments.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 PM

Somebody get me an Fing schmatic so i can see if it can be changed by taking out a wire.

I've looked at the wiring on the back of the master control drivers side. If the VSS signal is diffrent from the BCM signal to control the door then i'm in and i can solve the problem.

But i'm not going to start chopping wires.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exousia
Somebody get me an Fing schmatic so i can see if it can be changed by taking out a wire.

I've looked at the wiring on the back of the master control drivers side. If the VSS signal is diffrent from the BCM signal to control the door then i'm in and i can solve the problem.

But i'm not going to start chopping wires.
I finally got mine to work. If I remember right...once you get in the vehicle, lock your doors using the control on the door...not your key fob. Then try it. That's the only way it worked for me.

2005 Colorado LS
Z85 Dark Cherry Red Ext. Cab, 3.5L I-5/Auto
Undercover® Hard Tonneau Cover
Bedmat

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 01:53 AM

come again, 411 please
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 12:19 AM

Found out how to make this work, put key in and turn to acc. momentarily. Then return to the lock position (my radio was on). Then follow normal steps as shown above.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Re: Tip: Changing Automatic door lock modes

I have a 2008 Z71 ext. cab col- and I want the auto locks gone completely. I tried removing the fuse but that managed to kill my drivers window from operating. The dealer said the law will not allow them to disable it.......Ive tried all the "tricks" to turn it off but I'm still stuck with wearing the locks out just as fast. Help is appreciated.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader
I have a 2008 Z71 ext. cab col- and I want the auto locks gone completely. I tried removing the fuse but that managed to kill my drivers window from operating. The dealer said the law will not allow them to disable it.......Ive tried all the "tricks" to turn it off but I'm still stuck with wearing the locks out just as fast. Help is appreciated.

this is just a awful thing to have in our trucks.I HATE IT YES, PULLING THE FUSE WILL KILL LOCKS BUT ALSO KILLS THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW.in winter you could get away with it as you dont open window in cold too much but summer,i like window open.

i hope someone finds a way to disable this worthless thing.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 PM

Evidently the automatic door locks on the newer models 2008 (?) and 2009 can not be disabled, as confirmed by my GMC dealer. Does anyone have any informmation on how to bypass the system.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cota348
Evidently the automatic door locks on the newer models 2008 (?) and 2009 can not be disabled, as confirmed by my GMC dealer. Does anyone have any informmation on how to bypass the system.
passenger window still works with the door lock fuse removed,so if the drivers side window could be hooked up to another power source,that would do it.in winter i plan on removing the fuse as i dont use drivers window in winter.that will be at least 5 month i wont have to put up with those annoying door locks. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode