ColoradoFans Flyer / Advertisement - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Senior Administrator

Garage
ColoradoFans Flyer / Advertisement

To my fellow CF members,

I would like to jumpstart an old idea to create a flyer/advertisement that you, the loyal CF member
can print out and give to a fellow GMT355 owner.
Like most of you I have benefited from this forum with mechanical, electrical and maintenance
knowledge and even made a few friends along the way.
After seeing CF explode from SUNKI5T’s extreme signatures, Sab with his enthusiasm and naskie18
with his hands on support, I wanted to contribute something back to CF.

After noticing more and more Canyon’s and Colorado’s in my town and meeting them in the parking
lots of Grocery stores, Home Depot, pharmacy and so on, I thought, I need a flyer/advertisement to hand out.
I need your help to make a flyer/advertisement that is in a compatible format, PDF, Excel or Word.

Please feel free to express your ideas along with the does and don’ts. Try to keep it simple!!!

Thanks,
-James-

These are some of the old posts:
“recruit new members to the site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 02:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to Dillusion
Just an idea. Maybe making on big message in the middle instead of it being tiled.

Also maybe uploading it to some filesharing place so people can download it and share. :)
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 02:48 AM

Sounds cool to me. Particularly if you are trying to get a meet going. I'll be thinkin' tho.

Lifted club member #55
Get high.....on a mountain!

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusion
Just an idea. Maybe making on big message in the middle instead of it being tiled.

Also maybe uploading it to some filesharing place so people can download it and share. :)
It's tiled so you can cut them up and get more than one from each sheet. It's also easier to store a stack of papers the size of a business card in your truck than it is to store full size sheets.

04 Colorado ZQ8 I5/AT
If you can't afford to do it right, then how can you afford to do it twice?
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 AM
CALI-BOSS

LOL

I was thinking of printing up some home made business card style hand-outs using one of AVERY's formats. You could even leave a blank area to put your screen name if you wish. Saving it to a file-sharing site is an excellent idea as well. :D

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Sab

I like it, it's simple and it should work! :D They would especially look good on Toyota and Nissan windshields! :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8

A Few Dirt Bikes

post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to RedneckB790
Here's an Idea, My salesman said me would do it if he got a good enough looking business card...

Give a bunch of "business" cards to your salesman (only if you like them or they like you) and every time they sell a rado/canyon, they give that card out in the paperwork...
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 12:57 PM

Send a message via MSN to burn
Hey guys, im a member of another club called V6Z24.com. They are dedicated to 2nd gen (88-94) Cavalier's & Sunbirds. They have a really good flyer that they use:

might be a handy template for something here. Its basically half a standard sheet of paper.

Colorado & Canyon Club of CANADA - Member #13
20" RTX Blackhawk rims, 4/5 Drop (all Belltech), Belltech front & rear swaybars, Kenwood DDX6019 DVD / Sirius / iPod / Bluetooh, StreetScene Rollpan, Low-Profile X-Member, C-Notch, Flex-a-lite 180 e-fan, K&N FIPK, Line-x, HIDs, Optima, Donnelly 36400 Mirror, Smooth Fuel Door, A1Electric Power Windows Conversion, etc.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 01:36 PM

its a good idea.

2004 GMC Canyon EXT. Z71 4x4 I5
20" wrapped in 32.5s with stock ride height

TURBO In the works!
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Administrator

Garage
I like both ideas, An 8 x 11 sheets that we can leave on the countertops of auto part stores and a business size card for the wallet or glove box.
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 PM

I jotted the website down on a scratch piece of paper I found in my truck and put it under someone's windshield wiper just last week. It was one of the burnt orange, Z71 versions. I don't know what came of it, but hopefully they checked it out.

There is also another black colly that is in the parking garage where I work. I park right by it (two colly's is better than one) so everyone notices them.

I like the business card idea. A few pages of business cards would work well. I would be down for printing some of these out and distributing them (on Toyotas, Nissans, and Dodges...good idea sab)

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

06 Z71 crew I5
Polk 6500 front/rear
Alpine Type X in custom enclosure
Hifonics Amps all around
K&N Drop in
Custom Ram Air
Mods
Gun Toting American Club Member #26
Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 03:26 PM

That is not a bad idea. The car club I hang with are all VW owners. (only 'cause my bro has a VW) They have 1/3rd sheets of paper saying their club name, when and where they hang out, and the website to the club. It has worked, big time. A lot of new people we have are from dispursing those flyers. Wouldn't be a bad idea down here seeing how many there are. From cruisin' around here on certain nights, I see plenty of 'Rados and Canyons on the road, even at parking lots.

2004 RAM 1500 RC HEMI
AirRam Air Scoop:Auburn Posi Diff:Borla True-Dual Exhaust:ES Fr SB Bushings:Motive Gears 4.10 gears:GF 2/4 Drop Kit:K&N 77 FIPK:Stock 17s:SC FlashPaq Tuner:Taylor 8mm Wires:Toyo S/T 285/60R17:06 Tailgate Spoiler:AutoAcoustic Amp:Blacked-Out HL:Clarion HU:DB/DPS Style:Hella 500s on LB:Hoen Endurance FL:ArcAudio Xtreme 12" Sub:Optima Red Top Batt:Rear Inner Fender Liners:Sirius Sat Radio:Stubby Ant:Tonneau Cover
2008 Chevy Colorado RC 3.7L
K&N 77 FIPK:Optima "Red Top" Batt:BorlaPro XS Muffler:DBadged:Polished BowTie:Stubby Ant:Clarion HU:Clarion Sirius Sat Tuner:Kicker 6.5" Door Spkrs:2-8" Kicker Comp Subs:SC Sub Box:500W Bazooka Amp:2" McGaughy Drop Springs - 2" BT Drop Blocks:Hoen Endurance FL:3-Way LED LB
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Sab

SuperMod!!!! James...you've thought up a great idea! Listen..tell me what you guys think! Just for fun.....let's do it, let's leave the flyers on windshields and auto parts counters.....have coloradocanyonfans website listed - of course...then, whoever distributes these flyers - have a message on it with their name...i.e., supermodulation, 06Xtreme, 1zzkidioto, etc., etc., and when that person joins the forum...they can reference to the members name......

Then, when they join, they can say that DBNissan, or RedneckB790 was their reference name!!! Like a contest, but just for fun! This will motivate all of us to make sure we distribute the flyers in good taste! :D

Nah...let's just put flyers out! :D

2006 Canyon ZQ8

A Few Dirt Bikes

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 PM

I print them out in bulk at school. I've the pic in my gallery here: http://coloradofans.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=12738

Mark - Gallery - Mod List
Conservative Club Member #25
Gun Toting American Cub Member #2
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 02:22 PM

So are we good to go on the flyer that is on the first post by super? OR can we use your idea shadow? If yes, that way I can get to work on some.

2004 RAM 1500 RC HEMI
AirRam Air Scoop:Auburn Posi Diff:Borla True-Dual Exhaust:ES Fr SB Bushings:Motive Gears 4.10 gears:GF 2/4 Drop Kit:K&N 77 FIPK:Stock 17s:SC FlashPaq Tuner:Taylor 8mm Wires:Toyo S/T 285/60R17:06 Tailgate Spoiler:AutoAcoustic Amp:Blacked-Out HL:Clarion HU:DB/DPS Style:Hella 500s on LB:Hoen Endurance FL:ArcAudio Xtreme 12" Sub:Optima Red Top Batt:Rear Inner Fender Liners:Sirius Sat Radio:Stubby Ant:Tonneau Cover
2008 Chevy Colorado RC 3.7L
K&N 77 FIPK:Optima "Red Top" Batt:BorlaPro XS Muffler:DBadged:Polished BowTie:Stubby Ant:Clarion HU:Clarion Sirius Sat Tuner:Kicker 6.5" Door Spkrs:2-8" Kicker Comp Subs:SC Sub Box:500W Bazooka Amp:2" McGaughy Drop Springs - 2" BT Drop Blocks:Hoen Endurance FL:3-Way LED LB
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Administrator

Garage
Let’s see your talent! Make a flyer / Advertisement and share it with your fellow CF members.

I would like to see a verity of 8 x 11 sheets and Business card size Flyer / Advertisement to hand out.
Make it easy for the CF member to download. The download links will be at the beginning of this post.
I also like the idea “files sharing place so people can download it and share
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 11:16 PM

I have "sold" two Colorado's to customers at the NAPA store I work at by referring them to this site. It would be nice to hand out something to the 8-10 GMT 355 owners that come in.

2006 Colorado Crew Cab
Lund Tri-fold Tonneau
American Tailgater Seat Gloves
Lund Interceptor Shield
HP Tuning By Canyon08Z71
Supermodulation LED's Throughout
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Xtreme
So are we good to go on the flyer that is on the first post by super? OR can we use your idea shadow? If yes, that way I can get to work on some.
It's cool with me if you wanna use my flyer. Just put your name on it.

I don't think there is any "official" flyer for CFans. So, use whatever style you prefer.

Mark - Gallery - Mod List
Conservative Club Member #25
Gun Toting American Cub Member #2
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Estey
Tonight I saw three quadcab rado's
I wrote the site on napkins and put them under the wiper blades/ Hope it works haha
Most of the people around here that own these trucks are retired...

Grounded 355 #28
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to 05colorado Send a message via Yahoo to 05colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey
Most of the people around here that own these trucks are retired...
haha yea same here, alot of women too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode