Colorado is Working Hard to Taken on the Tacoma, but what if Ford Enters With This? - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just this buyers opinion. I came from an 09 Tacoma to a 16 Colorado because the 16 Tacoma looked just like my old one. However, my Colorado runs and shifts like a 10 year old truck, with fuel mileage of 13.7 mpg to match.. Would I look at a new Ford mid-size that drove like a new truck...you bet. JMO
You sir need a tune. I was on the fence about it before, but after driving mine tuned it changed my whole opinion of the truck. Best 300 bucks you'll spend on it, and worst case if you still hate it, your trading it in anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiteleven View Post
Ok, I should have thrown the "economy" word in there. ft/lb-for-ft/lb, diesels will produce more torque for less fuel. Comparing the 2.8L "Duramax" to the 3.5L EcoBoost isn't really apples-to-oranges, either. I'd be open to at least looking at an EcoBoost Ranger if it got the 20/27 mpg i'm getting from my mini-max. I'd be shocked if they manage that, though.
That's fair, I think the economy could be there or close, the problem is the ecoboosts are so dang fast it's impossible to drive them economically. Plus there's something about a Diesel engine that you can't quantify that just makes it satisfying to drive, but if pure performance is your goal or max towing, all I was getting at is those little gassers shouldn't be counted out just because they don't burn oil, they are quite impressive. All in all we will have to see what ford does with the ranger, they may not take it serious and just do bare minimum to be competitive, then again they could age ape with it and build the ranger raptor that's floating around the web. Who knows
orbiteleven likes this.

2016 Canyon All Terrain V6
Morimoto HID 35w 5500k + Morimoto LED Fogs
Trifecta Tune
Fox 2.0 coilovers and shocks
265/70/17 BFG KO2 All Terrains
Bakflip F1 tonneau cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Just this buyers opinion. I came from an 09 Tacoma to a 16 Colorado because the 16 Tacoma looked just like my old one. However, my Colorado runs and shifts like a 10 year old truck, with fuel mileage of 13.7 mpg to match.. Would I look at a new Ford mid-size that drove like a new truck...you bet. JMO
13.7 mpg? What the heck are you doing, pulling a heavy trailer every day? That's abysmal mileage for a Colorado.
Also yes a tune makes the world of a difference in these trucks. Yes it sucks they need a tune to drive 'right' but $300 really isn't that much and the value added is worth much more.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
You, uh, might want to get that checked out. Like @kaiser67 said, unless you're pulling a 12' high trailer full of anvils, you might have something wrong. Unless the anvil is just your right foot
kaiser67 likes this.

'16 Colorado Z71 Duramax, White
Build-out post
Westin Sportsman grille guard w/ winch tray · Century CC 180 topper · Smittybilt 9500lb winch · Mictuning 36" LED bar · King remote reservoir coil-over front, piggy-back rear suspension.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Yeah... I get 15+ pulling a 11' tall by 8' wide 4200+ lbs. camper at 65mph down the highway. But I do have the diesel.

Still though, that is the fuel economy of a full size truck, something doesn't sound right unless it is lifted and has big tires. And if that is the case, you asked for it.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Did you get this backwards, from your sig line:

2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome

Maybe you are towing the Motorhome with the Colorado rather than the Colorado with the Motorhome.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Guys, like I have said in a few posts, I have an open claim with GM regrading the MPG and the PIP 5342B which has been preformed 3 times, also the torque convert changed, no improvement. If GM ever gets the mileage descent, I have no problem putting a tune on it. So far "my" Colorado hasn't shown me much and two different dealers haven't been able to fix it yet. Would I look at a Ford mid size for the above reasons? Yes.

Currently GM has me doing a mileage log on the next three tanks of gas, 87, then 89 then 93 to see if they can figure out why they can't get the fuel mileage where it should be. If a tune would fix the mileage, I would order it tomorrow.

Chuck
2016 Colorado Red Rock, Z71, 4x4 short bed crew cab, tow package, loaded to tow behind my Motorhome

Last edited by brobox; 10-04-2016 at 01:17 PM.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryBosse View Post
Did you get this backwards, from your sig line:

Maybe you are towing the Motorhome with the Colorado rather than the Colorado with the Motorhome.
The mileage would probably be about the same. Chevy doesn't have a clue why the mileage and shifting has remained the same.

Chuck
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:23 PM

**** they should just give you a new truck. That's horrible.

I'm getting 23 avg regularly and just towed a 2500-3000lb loaded popup for a full tank and still got about 20avg.

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser67 View Post

I'm getting 23 avg regularly and just towed a 2500-3000lb loaded popup for a full tank and still got about 20avg.
I'm with kaiser! They should at least give you a different one to drive while they putz around trying to figure it out instead of making you do the drive time and pay the fuel bill for their testing.

If it is drinking that much fuel, it shouldn't be too hard to find if they log a bit of data and know how to interpret it. You are getting at least 30% less than what you should be for mileage.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser67 View Post

That is what the open claim is for now. I will jump through the 3 tanks of gas hoop for the last time. Fix it or replace it. Five trips to dealers and it can't be fixed is buy back or replacement time.

Chuck
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
That is what the open claim is for now. I will jump through the 3 tanks of gas hoop for the last time. Fix it or replace it. Five trips to dealers and it can't be fixed is buy back or replacement time.
5 trips and can't fix, sounds like lemon to me

My build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode