New Equinox to come with Diesel - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By kaiser67
  • 1 Post By rkj__

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

New Equinox to come with Diesel

Looked around a little and didn't see any other threads about it but looks like the next Equinox is coming with an optional diesel!

Interesting, its going to be a tiny 1.6L turbo diesel. Not sure if that's already available in other markets or not but they're stating numbers of 136hp 236 torques and 40 mpg. Also will be able to get 1.5L turbo and 2.0 turbo gas. Turbos! The way of the future! The 2.0 actually makes some pretty good numbers too

I thought this was all interesting though. I'm glad to see diesel options still being pursued even with the negativity from VW and all.

I've heard on here guys suggesting that the 2.8 minimax that we have was a test bed for diesels in America and the attitude towards them in the market. It's obviously doing well and still has a lot of benefits over gas while meeting regulations. Will be interesting to see what other diesel options come out.

What do you guys think?

General Motors' Best Selling SUV Is Going Diesel, Yes, In America

Edit: forgot to mention, that steering wheel and shifter area look awfully familiar...
404 Not Found and cantrellms like this.

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To

Last edited by kaiser67; 09-23-2016 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 09:16 AM

The Cruz will see that 1.6 diesel in 2017.

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:19 AM

I have the Duramax Canyon and a Chevy Traverse. My dream - put the 2.8 Duramax in the Traverse, I think that would be a great combo. The biggest flaw with my Traverse is low end grunt and the minimax has the perfect low down torque to fix that.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_A View Post
I have the Duramax Canyon and a Chevy Traverse. My dream - put the 2.8 Duramax in the Traverse, I think that would be a great combo. The biggest flaw with my Traverse is low end grunt and the minimax has the perfect low down torque to fix that.
I believe the Traverse is a 7 seater. So, it makes sense to me as well. I could see it as a work/family hauler for a lot folks out there. Or a nice highway cruiser if you need the passenger capacity. So, I like your idea better is all I am saying.

2015 GMC CANYON SLT CC 4X4
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
The Cruz will see that 1.6 diesel in 2017.
That will be an interesting car. Should get pretty good mileage being that small if the Equinox will get 40. That's also going to be some decent power for a small car.

**** that 2.0 turbo gas in the cruze would make it dang quick.
They currently offer a 1.5or6 turbo?

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser67 View Post
That will be an interesting car. Should get pretty good mileage being that small if the Equinox will get 40. That's also going to be some decent power for a small car.

**** that 2.0 turbo gas in the cruze would make it dang quick.
They currently offer a 1.5or6 turbo?
It's a 1.4L Turbo in the 2017 Cruze. It's more powerful, and lighter that the previous generation.
kaiser67 likes this.

2008 GMC Canyon, 3.7 I5, Off Road 4x4, Inferno Orange.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 05:43 PM

I wish it coming with the 2.8l diesel. I think the 1.6l diesel will be great in the cruze, but the hp/lb will be too low in the equinox. I guess we'll find out in about a year or so.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 09:39 PM

Garage
I think with these new diesels, specifically the 2.8L. They should bring back the trailblazer. I think there is still a market for a real suv with a frame and traditional 4wd setup.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyhitter81 View Post
I think with these new diesels, specifically the 2.8L. They should bring back the trailblazer. I think there is still a market for a real suv with a frame and traditional 4wd setup.
There were spy shorts recently of a TB being tested with camo.
Since there is other market TBs that are based off the same platform as the Colorado it would seem easy to include the 2.8 in the line up. Probably find out more next year that they are bringing back the TB in 18 and maybe they'll see how much people like the 2.8.

My build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode