UnderCover Tonneau
Weatherguard Mud Flaps and Floor Liner
Opt 7 LED Headlights and Fogs
LED Reverse Lights
BNR Tune / Diablosport intune i2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Consumer Reports continues to pimp out the Ridgeline even when it it is not part of their comparison. Incredible...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the link.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Consumer Reports continues to pimp out the Ridgeline even when it it is not part of their comparison. Incredible...

Yeah, it is incredible how they interject and pimp Ridgeline no matter what. I haven't bought Consumer Reports for years. They never really consider the WHOLE picture when rating anything. They get so caught up even with refrigerators and the "energy ratings" that they don't consider how short the lifetime will be on a frige that has a 50 watt compressor running ALL the time to do the job. But, ouuhhh . . looky how little power it uses? $#@#&.
Our frige uses about 98 cents to $1 a week of electricity and is not a flippin' "Energy Star" rated unit. And it doesn't run 50 minutes out of the hour.

Sorry. . . I get cranked about the myth of Consumer Reports "Authority"....
Jimbo17 likes this.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.

Last edited by GraniteBlue05; 03-07-2017 at 10:30 AM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Your fridge story reminds me of my contractor buddy, who is a "more power" kind of guy. You would like him.

Anyway, he was doing a job for a customer and took a small commercial AC system in payment. He plumbed it into his house and had to add more ducting to let it breathe, as it's output is meant for a 10,000 square foot facility. When it runs, it uses stupid power, but it drops the temp in his house 1 degree for every minute it is running. Let it run for 10 minutes, and it is like being in a meat locker

His electric bill compared to everyone around him who have to run their AC constantly on hot days is very low.
GraniteBlue05 likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:23 AM

At first I was confused thinking this was the only line "(The more refined, lighter-duty Honda Ridgeline is a great everyday truck for routines that favor commuting over dirty jobs.)" which is also true. But then when I got to the end I had a moment of face palm. If it's not even in the comparison between the two, leave it out, jeesh...

2016 Red Rock LT CC SB v6 4x4

Eibach Shocks all around w/GM rear blocks, Dee Zee bed mat, TruXedo tonneau, Bull rings, Zevo LEDs, Westin steps, Fog Lights w/JDMAstar LED, Rear LED pods, Lumen G7s LED Headlights, Factory Remote Start, Dash Cam w/Invisicord, Husky Liners, Canyon console lid, Black badges and grill, Trifecta

My build thread
Front bumper removal How-To
Rear Shock/lift Blocks How-To
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 11:33 AM

What complete crap! Looks like that magazine needs to be in the outhouse from now on. No bias there...NOT.

-DANO-

2015 Black Z71 CrewCab
3.6 V6, 4x4
Low Profile Tonneau Cover
"Bullet" Spray-In Bedliner
Factory Running Boards
Weathertech Mud Flaps
Phillips H11 X-tremeVision Low Beam Bulbs
OPT7 CREE V2 XB-D LED Fog Light Bulbs
Chin Spoiler Removed!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:09 PM

The "toaster tester people" know little about cars and have been in bed with the Japanese automakers for years. They hate American and German cars. Totally biased. Litterbox liner material. My cat would reject it though.

2016 Canyon SLT Crew Cab Shortbox Duramax Diesel, Summit White/Jet Black.

Engine built 1/12/16
Placed order 2/20/16
Dealer ordered 2/25/16
Target Production Week 4/11/16
Built and shipped 4/12/16
Delivered to dealer 4/22/16
Drove it home 4/27/16
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:39 PM

Meh....

OFFICIAL Z71 PILOT
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 PM

In my humble opinion that article was written by someone who's never owned a truck. To that end his/her opinion is questionable at best and ignorant at worst.

I'd also add the Frontier though dated is a solid little trooper if your looking for something more basic in refinments.
CaryBosse likes this.

Last edited by Thoughtbox; 03-07-2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Grammar ;-)
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoughtbox View Post
In my humble opinion that article was written by someone who's never owned a truck. To that end his/her opinion is questionable at best and ignorant at worst.

I'd also add the Frontier though dated is a solid little trooper if your looking for something more basic in refinements.
Too many of the reviews I see written about trucks, especially mid size trucks, but probably all, is they are written by people who have never depended on a truck for their livelihood. They are writers first, probably ride a commuter train into work in some downtown area or better still, work from home and never leave their apartment. The most pressing need for a truck is a run to the local Ikea. You'd be shocked what I was able to haul home from Ikea in a 2 door Wrangler soft top. Don't even ask me how many times I transported a queen size mattress and box springs on top my Wrangler.

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you just gotta have a truck.
hack14u likes this.

2015 Canyon SLT, Copper Red, 2WD, CC, SB, V6, Tow, blk leather, factory spray liner, safety pkg, generic roll up bed cover.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:25 PM

Didn't even read it...as I've seen many others.

It all boils down to....You get what you WANT / NEED. You research, you test drive, you compare. BAM. Buy what makes sense to your needs/wallet.

And after owning this one for.....who knows .... I'll let ya'll know (based on experience) how the reliability is.

Toyota may have the 'reputation' of reliability, but I will say..... it not like it used to be. There are complaints on both side of the fence. We'll see what these trucks are like in 10 years.

www.lieblweb.com
2016 GMC Canyon
2015 Infinity QX70s
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 05:56 PM

Also. . something is not right in the review. :

" Colorado was a bit pokey when it came to acceleration, taking seconds to reach 60 mph. The 308-hp, 3.6-liter V6 gas Colorado is considerably quicker—zipping to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds—and more fuel efficient, returning a commendable 18 mpg overall. But this V6 engine is short on low-end torque and requires prodding the gas pedal to move smartly. - - The six-speed automatic shifts smoothly, but downshifts aren't always prompt."

A "6 speed transmission" in a 2017 Colorado? Isn't this the same 2017 3.6L that C&D said - - - -:
" - - we tested recorded a 6.1-second sprint to 60 mph, a full second quicker than a similarly equipped 2015 Colorado and 0.5 second ahead of the all-wheel-drive Ridgeline."

So accuracy is fishy or lacking.
RatRacer and Whocares05050 like this.

2017 2WD Colorado LT V6 CCSB Luxury & Convenience Pkgs, Black/Ashen Gray Leather, Bullet Bedliner, ARE cap.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Also. . something is not right in the review. :

" Colorado was a bit pokey when it came to acceleration, taking seconds to reach 60 mph. The 308-hp, 3.6-liter V6 gas Colorado is considerably quicker—zipping to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds—and more fuel efficient, returning a commendable 18 mpg overall. But this V6 engine is short on low-end torque and requires prodding the gas pedal to move smartly. - - The six-speed automatic shifts smoothly, but downshifts aren't always prompt."

A "6 speed transmission" in a 2017 Colorado? Isn't this the same 2017 3.6L that C&D said - - - -:
" - - we tested recorded a 6.1-second sprint to 60 mph, a full second quicker than a similarly equipped 2015 Colorado and 0.5 second ahead of the all-wheel-drive Ridgeline."

So accuracy is fishy or lacking.
I did not read the story but it if is a V6 it should have a 8 speed. Also the new transmission is about 7-8 tenths faster in the quarter mile and the six speed.

Consumer reports is not a auto enthusiast review magazine. They may test a lot of cars but their criteria is more objective than subjective at times. Also there is often much bias.

If they say something good you accept it and if they say something bad you judge it for your own terms.

To be fair media often is not always unbiased. Most other magazines are often promoting products that pay for advertising. I know because where I work gets a lot of good media when we pay for more pages of advertising.

CR claims no advertising but they do get funding and while unproven I suspect some of the funding is lobby money. Their hands are as clean as the governments.

No matter what you read you need to just get out there and form your own opinion. Most of the media is playing a game and not always objective. Take the good and judge the rest for yourself.
Thoughtbox likes this.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Didn't even read it...as I've seen many others.

It all boils down to....You get what you WANT / NEED. You research, you test drive, you compare. BAM. Buy what makes sense to your needs/wallet.

And after owning this one for.....who knows .... I'll let ya'll know (based on experience) how the reliability is.

Toyota may have the 'reputation' of reliability, but I will say..... it not like it used to be. There are complaints on both side of the fence. We'll see what these trucks are like in 10 years.
It is a matter of what you like and who has the newest model. Loyalty is prime for what we buy and the latest models always hold an edge.

Toyota is no better or worse than anything else out as gaps have closed. They all have issues and they all are pretty good most of the time.

The only real issue is the new Toyota did not gain much as Toyota tends to make small changes and while that helps quality it also slows gains in improvement. The new Taco is a good truck but it already feels old as it did not change much.

GM will refresh the mid size trucks around 2019-2020 and it will be a mild refresh. Sales are so good no need to fix whats not broken. We will see some mild styling changes and some new features and colors.

A new model may pop up from time to time and we will get more limited edition models.

GM is working hard on a new half ton and that will get priority first and then they will address needs here to challenge the Ranger.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperv6 View Post
I did not read the story but it if is a V6 it should have a 8 speed. Also the new transmission is about 7-8 tenths faster in the quarter mile and the six speed.

No matter what you read you need to just get out there and form your own opinion. Most of the media is playing a game and not always objective. Take the good and judge the rest for yourself.
Ahh . . yes, I have a 2017 Colorado LT 3.6L V6 with 8 speed. .. (see my signature) that is why I posted the erroneous quote and also referenced C&D's test results.

C&D has it's bias at times also (depending on the reviewer), but I trust C&D more than I ever would CR.

Chevrolet Colorado Reviews - Chevrolet Colorado Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteBlue05 View Post
Ahh . . yes, I have a 2017 Colorado LT 3.6L V6 with 8 speed. .. (see my signature) that is why I posted the erroneous quote and also referenced C&D's test results.

C&D has it's bias at times also (depending on the reviewer), but I trust C&D more than I ever would CR.

Chevrolet Colorado Reviews - Chevrolet Colorado Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver
I agree to but be wary of most of them.

The Highway Insurace institute is often a grandstanding group as cars that pass one year will fail another with no changes. Also the surveys also are like election poles and can be far from accurate all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode