Use GM card earnings AND bonus with Employee pricing? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Use GM card earnings AND bonus with Employee pricing?

Does anyone know if there are any restrictiions using GM credit card earnings and Bonus earnings with the new Employee Pricing for Everyone? For example looking at an Uplander can I redeem $1000 in earnings (the redemption allowance for this vehicle) PLUS the $1000 in bonus earnings (notified of such in postal mail last month) and deduct this from the Employee Pricing? If so might make for a really good deal, although this Employee Pricing probably killed the value of my 04 Colorado I would be trading.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ZooTech

Yes, you can use both. Ironically, a GM employee is NOT allowed to use both the employee discount AND the GM card earnings, but non-employees (like myself) can.

I just picked up a 2005 Colorado Crew Cab which stickered at $22,845.00 but with the employee discount and the current $2,000 customer cash it was $18,145.00! I then applied $1,000 worth of earnings from my Dad's GM MasterCard which brought it down to $17,145.00. After receiving $2,000 for my trade (a '93 Aerostar w/ 95k miles) and handing them $2,500 cash down, I financed just over $14,000.00 after tax/title/docs.

Another thing worth mentioning....they offered me the credit life insurance, which pays off your loan in the event of your untimely demise, and normally I would stay away from crap like that....but by opting FOR it, they lowered my interest rate a full percentage point which actually lowered my monthly payment and will save my over $500.00 in finance charges over the life of the loan. The premium for the policy, incidentally, is only $350.00.

So...anyone on the fence right now about purchasing a new GM vehicle ought to go looking at a few before July 5th. Just stay away from the more problematic models (i.e. anything with the 3.4ltr V6) and you should be good to go!
ZooTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to naskie18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooTech
Yes, you can use both. Ironically, a GM employee is NOT allowed to use both the employee discount AND the GM card earnings
Actually, GM employees can, but we have to have a different type of GM card, employees can get a special card because we get a different % of spending on the card put towrd our earnings. GM employees can not used GM card earnings off the normal GM card, though, only the employee card.

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

naskie18 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, you can use both. Ironically, a GM employee is NOT allowed to use both the employee discount AND the GM card earnings, but non-employees (like myself) can.

I just picked up a 2005 Colorado Crew Cab which stickered at $22,845.00 but with the employee discount and the current $2,000 customer cash it was $18,145.00! I then applied $1,000 worth of earnings from my Dad's GM MasterCard which brought it down to $17,145.00. After receiving $2,000 for my trade (a '93 Aerostar w/ 95k miles) and handing them $2,500 cash down, I financed just over $14,000.00 after tax/title/docs.

Another thing worth mentioning....they offered me the credit life insurance, which pays off your loan in the event of your untimely demise, and normally I would stay away from crap like that....but by opting FOR it, they lowered my interest rate a full percentage point which actually lowered my monthly payment and will save my over $500.00 in finance charges over the life of the loan. The premium for the policy, incidentally, is only $350.00.

So...anyone on the fence right now about purchasing a new GM vehicle ought to go looking at a few before July 5th. Just stay away from the more problematic models (i.e. anything with the 3.4ltr V6) and you should be good to go!
What's the problem with the 3.4L engine? I think the Uplander/Terraza/Montana SV6 have it. and I was considering those vehicles.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ZooTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by naskie18
Quote:
Yes, you can use both. Ironically, a GM employee is NOT allowed to use both the employee discount AND the GM card earnings
Actually, GM employees can, but we have to have a different type of GM card, employees can get a special card because we get a different % of spending on the card put towrd our earnings. GM employees can not used GM card earnings off the normal GM card, though, only the employee card.
My bad...just going by what the dealership told me. My dad has the Platinum card so..I believe that's the one with the most limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmg123
What's the problem with the 3.4L engine? I think the Uplander/Terraza/Montana SV6 have it. and I was considering those vehicles.
Check again, those vehicles now have a 3.5ltr. I'm not sure if it's a completely new mill, or just a bored and/or stroked and re-worked 3.4ltr. Hopefully, for your sake, it's the former. But the only General Motors V6 I would ever own is the old 3.8ltr. I avoid V6's in general, but I especially avoid those from the Big-3.
ZooTech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to naskie18

Quote:
My bad...just going by what the dealership told me. My dad has the Platinum card so..I believe that's the one with the most limitations.
Yeah, its a funky deal, the only reason I know how it works (or, rather, doesn't work) is because I wanted to use mine when I bought my truck and couldn't, because I just had a normal GM card and wasn't aware that they switched to a different card for GM employees.

Quote:
Quote:
Check again, those vehicles now have a 3.5ltr. I'm not sure if it's a completely new mill, or just a bored and/or stroked and re-worked 3.4ltr. Hopefully, for your sake, it's the former. But the only General Motors V6 I would ever own is the old 3.8ltr. I avoid V6's in general, but I especially avoid those from the Big-3.
The 3.5L is just an update of the 3.4L.

The 3.4L isn't a bad engine, but keep an eye on the headgaskets when you get close to 100K on it, they have a tendancy to need to be replaced around then. Other than that, its a pretty solid engine.

Nick http://www.naskie18.com GoogleTalk: naskie18@gmail.com AIM: naskie18

naskie18 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
What's the problem with the 3.4L engine?
Nothing. I would own one! Nice and torquey little V6.
Had the 3.1 version in a Corsica and it pulled like ****.
(Even with the Corsica's lame 3-speed automatic.) :)
Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Sparky87

My corsica was the greatest when I had it. paid 600 for it on the auction and sold it for 2000 after a year lol. but at 360,000 kms it was still pulling hard
09 Colorado CC 4X4 ~42000km's * V8 * Hydronic 4 and Airtronic 2 heaters * Two orbital purple haze batteries in parallel * Complete bubaloo skids * 2 1/2" shackle * T-bar crank * 17"X8" ultra mavericks * 500HD decals * Canyon & Colorado club of Canada! #9
Sparky87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.