Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Hi I'm Eric

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  EricChevy 
#1 ·
Hi I'm Eric.

Picked up my New 2017 Colorado Z71 in February and I've been reading lots here. Lots of ideas! I haven't been this excited about a vehicle since I got my 86' Monte Carlo when I was like 17.

So far I've blacked out the bow ties with Vinyl (going to have to buy real replacement bow ties soon as they are peeling after first wash). Added in channel AVS vent visors. Swapped the license plate holders from the chrome dealer ones to black plastic. Added Nfab Wheel to Wheel nerf bars w/bed access.

Things I want to do are add a 2" leveling lift from Rough Contry (already purchased), de-chrome the fog light and headlight assembly's, change out factory wheels and tires for XD 131 -17 and Falken W AT3 LT265/70/R17s, remove and de-chrome/paint black all the chrome lettering, and add a Pace Edwards switchblade tonneau cover.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Eric, just got mine in February too. I understand your excitement. I had an '86 Camaro I put some sweet wheels on, but otherwise haven't had much desire to make my vehicle any different until now. This truck just begs for at least just a little something. I'd kill for an unlimited budget! Have fun, and keep the pics coming.

#8 ·
Hi Eric,

Congratulations on your new purchase! We wanted to welcome you and let you know that our team is always here to assist forum members with any questions or concerns they may have. If interested, I’d be more than happy to send you your trucks build sheet. To proceed, please send us private message with your VIN and email. Hope to hear from you soon!

To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Bret B.
GM Customer Care

#10 · (Edited)
Yesterday and today I got busy. Swapped out front bow tie for a real black one instead of vinyl over, took all of the Colorado lettering off and the rear bow tie (I have one to swap when it gets nicer), did the snow plow delete, and blacked out the chrome trim on the fog lights by removing the trim and painting. Better pictures when it gets light again. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

#11 ·
I'll tell you what, I couldn't get under the snow plow until I put ramps under my front wheels. The ramps wouldn't even fit under the snow plow so I had to back on to them. Glad I have a truck now instead of a car lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#14 ·
I bought the front diff drop from autospring to go with my 2" Rough country level I have and haven't installed yet. Trying to get everything together to do the level lift right as I haven't done anything like that before. Now I need to find or obtain some strut spring compressors. Also installed my black tailgate bow tie today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#15 ·
Installed the 2" rough country and the diff drop. Looks perfect. I bought 1" blocks for the rear but idk if they need them. I'll drive it around for a bit and see if i think I need the back up more. Right now it looks level Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.