New member of the Twin Family - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

New member of the Twin Family

Well, almost. I take delivery on Tuesday, have to wait until the dealer can qualify for the holdback on it.

2017 Canyon SLT in Red Quartz Tintcoat. 3.6 crew cab, 2WD, leather, pretty well loaded. Doesn't have Bose but will upgrade the radio later if necessary. Probably not because I've been getting by on the AM/FM in my old 2000 F-250.

Didn't have trailering package so had the dealer add that and their spray-in bedliner.

Picking it up Tuesday and have an appointment Thursday with Custom Truck Accessories in Foley AL to add nerf bars, fender flares, window vent visors, bug shield and Extang Trifecta tonneau cover.

Will post 'em up when I pick it up.

Anyway, glad I found you guys.
Toughsox and 404 Not Found like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

While on the lot:
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 AM

Garage
Welcome to C'Fans

Great looking SLT! (except the pinstripe imo)
Alabiker likes this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, didn't ask for or want it, but had a helluva time finding the truck I wanted. Even Laura didn't have one. Well, they did but someone got a deposit down on it before I could.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Have the same truck! Love that Red Quartz Tint Coat and Dune Interior. Have the Bose System, enjoy it a lot...About 1500 miles so far. Engine and transmission combination is a amazing!
Alabiker likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Outstanding! Can't wait to pick mine up. Could have saved a lot of money with Laura if I had been willing to change color but I wasn't. Although the dark slate was tempting. Would have loved to have Bose but didn't work out. Have used up all my truck money for now but may fiddle with it some more later.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

The Nerf bars are the NFab Steps in matte black. Can't remember the brands on the other stuff. Will post more after picking it up.

Last edited by Alabiker; 04-15-2017 at 12:38 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Cant wait to see it. Are you getting the 3-step NFab nerf bars?
Look into those as they are definitely worth it. Having that 3rd step is priceless.

Alabiker likes this.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
Cant wait to see it. Are you getting the 3-step NFab nerf bars?
Look into those as they are definitely worth it. Having that 3rd step is priceless.

LOL, I hope so, I just walked around the shop and pointed at what I wanted. The showroom sample was a short piece with one step and in glossy black. I told him that was what I wanted but in matte. Will probably call Monday and make sure it's the three-stepper but I'm pretty sure it is.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabiker View Post
LOL, I hope so, I just walked around the shop and pointed at what I wanted. The showroom sample was a short piece with one step and in glossy black. I told him that was what I wanted but in matte. Will probably call Monday and make sure it's the three-stepper but I'm pretty sure it is.
The reason I asked was, the 3 step is by far, not common. I believe the price difference was minimal to go from the 2 step to the 3 step but yea.....make sure you get the 3 step. You'll thank yourself every time you need to climb up there.
Alabiker likes this.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, looked on the site and they were two steps. Probably late as he said he would order it yesterday. We'll see. Maybe.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Actually, when I looked up 2017 Canyon NFab nerfs it shows the 3 step. Hopefully. Will call anyway.
Toughsox likes this.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Shop is closed today but just left a message saying I would much prefer the three steps so maybe they can make the change without too much fuss.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 02:45 PM

Good luck! you are going to love that truck, trust me on that. Mine has exceeded any expectations I had when I ordered it!!!As I mentioned in another reply, that 8 speed is really the cat's "butt". I am averaging a little over 20 mpg, mostly around! Didn't buy it for the fuel savings, bought it for all the other great things to enjoy!
Alabiker likes this.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Garage
Congrats, nice looking truck. FYI dealers don't have to qualify for holdback, this is paid by the manufacture to the dealer no matter what. I hate to say it but I think they told you this because they don't want to do the delivery work on it until after the weekend.
Alabiker likes this.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjs34748 View Post
Congrats, nice looking truck. FYI dealers don't have to qualify for holdback, this is paid by the manufacture to the dealer no matter what. I hate to say it but I think they told you this because they don't want to do the delivery work on it until after the weekend.

I might not be using the right word then. It's some kind of GMC program going on right now. $2000 more dollars off but you must take delivery 4/18-4/22. Even Laura GMC is offering it but same delivery dates. Laura has loaded SLTs for under $30,000 using that program.
jjs34748 likes this.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 01:57 PM

Beautiful truck I really need to talk wifey into letting me upgrade from the 2005 canyon to the 2017 with duramax...it's going to take A LOT of kissing ass tho

heath
Alabiker likes this.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

LOL. It's taken me 28 years to talk the wife into letting me outfit a dream truck. And on the way home from dropping a bundle at the custom truck shop I bought her a bottle of her favorite bourbon to help smooth that over.

John
HeathBar1 likes this.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathBar1 View Post
Beautiful truck I really need to talk wifey into letting me upgrade from the 2005 canyon to the 2017 with duramax...it's going to take A LOT of kissing ass tho

heath
Sometimes it is easier to apologize then to ask for permission!!!!!!
Alabiker likes this.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
The reason I asked was, the 3 step is by far, not common. I believe the price difference was minimal to go from the 2 step to the 3 step but yea.....make sure you get the 3 step. You'll thank yourself every time you need to climb up there.

Man, I really appreciate the heads up. I had left a message over the weekend that I really wanted the 6 step bars. Just talked to the shop and they had ordered the 4 step. They changed the order and will install the 6 step bars Thursday with everything else.

Again, thanks for the info.
Toughsox likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode