New Member from Va - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New Member from Va

First off thanks to all of you for the info on this site that you share !
I live in central Va and Iím an auditor in the Navy Nuke program and I work on Subs and Carriers for the Navy. Been a Chevrolet freak my whole life. My 1st car was a 1967 Camaro Convertible 396 375hp 4 speed that I bought back in 1977. I have owned a lot of other Chevy Muscle over the years. I recently sold a 1965 Malibu SS 327 auto loaded with options PS PB AC and Tilt steering in hopes of finding another rag top Camaro. Oh well maybe one day.
I bought my 1st Colorado PU in 2009 from Murry Bowling Chevrolet in Bedford Va. That was the year Chevrolet closed all of those small dealerships and the owner of the dealership was my neighbor R.A.Bowling (I really miss those small town dealerships the big box stores just treat you like a number). He drove up in a 2008 Maroon LT extended cab 3.7 I5 Colorado and I had to have it. We haggled a bit and finally struck a deal. This truck was awesome I had it for 9 years and it literally gave me no trouble, just general maintenance and a serpentine belt, I got 134,000 miles out of it. Unfortunately I hopped in it on an icy morning (didnít seem that bad but it never does does it ?) Well I hit a bridge less than a mile from my house and ping pong balled all the way down the sides of both concrete barriers and totaled it, man was I pissed !!
I scoured the country side, looked at a lot of stuff folks wanted an arm and leg for and some junk. I finally ran up on a one owner Red 2012 Z71 3.7 I5 4wd with 40,000 miles pretty much loaded with everything except power heated seats and a sunroof. I was pleasantly surprised that it has hands free calling (didnít even know they had this) it is super clean. I have had this truck for about 4 months and did some improvements to it, added some vent visors and some weather tech floor mats, cleaned the throttle body (gas mileage kind of sucks) and charged the AC which is working OK ( got to do the resistor trick and do it soon). The truck runs good but has that low RPM acceleration grumble (I notice it anyway) and I will be replacing the belt tensioner soon. So far so good loving this one even more than the 2008 !!! Thank again for your help and insight !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:25 PM

Garage
Welcome to C'Fans
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 09:42 PM

Well...>WHERE ARE THE PIX????

And welcome indeed to our humble place of ranting and raving.

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:12 PM

Hi coloradorex,

We wanted to welcome you and let you know that our team is always here to assist forum members with any questions or concerns they may have, so feel free to reach out to us at anytime.

Bret B.
Chevrolet Customer are

Check out the NEW Owner Center at: My.Chevrolet.com and My.GMC.com

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradorex View Post
First off thanks to all of you for the info on this site that you share !
I live in central Va and Iím an auditor in the Navy Nuke program and I work on Subs and Carriers for the Navy. Been a Chevrolet freak my whole life. My 1st car was a 1967 Camaro Convertible 396 375hp 4 speed that I bought back in 1977. I have owned a lot of other Chevy Muscle over the years. I recently sold a 1965 Malibu SS 327 auto loaded with options PS PB AC and Tilt steering in hopes of finding another rag top Camaro. Oh well maybe one day.
I bought my 1st Colorado PU in 2009 from Murry Bowling Chevrolet in Bedford Va. That was the year Chevrolet closed all of those small dealerships and the owner of the dealership was my neighbor R.A.Bowling (I really miss those small town dealerships the big box stores just treat you like a number). He drove up in a 2008 Maroon LT extended cab 3.7 I5 Colorado and I had to have it. We haggled a bit and finally struck a deal. This truck was awesome I had it for 9 years and it literally gave me no trouble, just general maintenance and a serpentine belt, I got 134,000 miles out of it. Unfortunately I hopped in it on an icy morning (didnít seem that bad but it never does does it ?) Well I hit a bridge less than a mile from my house and ping pong balled all the way down the sides of both concrete barriers and totaled it, man was I pissed !!
I scoured the country side, looked at a lot of stuff folks wanted an arm and leg for and some junk. I finally ran up on a one owner Red 2012 Z71 3.7 I5 4wd with 40,000 miles pretty much loaded with everything except power heated seats and a sunroof. I was pleasantly surprised that it has hands free calling (didnít even know they had this) it is super clean. I have had this truck for about 4 months and did some improvements to it, added some vent visors and some weather tech floor mats, cleaned the throttle body (gas mileage kind of sucks) and charged the AC which is working OK ( got to do the resistor trick and do it soon). The truck runs good but has that low RPM acceleration grumble (I notice it anyway) and I will be replacing the belt tensioner soon. So far so good loving this one even more than the 2008 !!! Thank again for your help and insight !!!
Glad to see a fellow Virginian here. I'm Air Force, originally from the Richmond area, but the USAF saw fit to station me down in the Hampton Roads area about 1.5 years ago. Living this close to home is weird. I have a 2015 Colorado WT Crew Cab Long Bed and love it.

"Strength is never a weakness" - Mark Bell

2015 Colorado WT Crew Cab Long Bed 3.6L
MBRP Single Side Turn Down Before Axle At Exhaust
Kenwood DNX691HD Deck w/SiriusXM Tuner & Navigation

To Do:
AutoSpring 2.5" Leveling Kit
Zone Off Road 1.5" Body Lift Kit
Platinum Allure Black 17" Rims
Kanati Mud Hog Tires - LT285/70R17
CAI
Tuner
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 PM

Garage
Welcome and congratulations from another Virginian!

Owns/Drives:
2016 Colorado 4X4 Z71 Crew Cab
2016 Camaro SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode