Welcome Everyone - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 703 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 07:30 PM

Hawaii to get 1st shipment

Hi guys, my Z71 2WD crew cab LS +SF1 is on the Matson ship making it's way to Hawaii. This is the first shipment to arrive. It should be here by the 1st week of March. There is one Z85 crew cab on Oahu already. It was here as a preview, and they sold it after the show.

Z71 Crew cab / indigo blue / IL5 cyl
Gibson Stainless CAT back
K & N intake/PCM tuned
A R Atlas Wheels
wet okole seat covers
bed liner/rails/extender
carriage works billet grille & bow tie
goodmark air ram cowl hood
My Gallery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 703 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 08:09 PM

J-man the mega mill. is up to 222 mil. if I hit it ill have to share with all the new twinn owners lol.
post #23 of 703 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 04:34 PM

Really appreciate this site. I am Steve Shireman from Middletown, PA. Just ordered a new Canyon Z85 4WD SLE extended cab. ETA about 6 weeks.

Steve

Member: NWTF, NRA, USGA, AARP
post #24 of 703 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 02:58 AM

Hi, my name is Alex. I live in the Los Angeles area. I am an HVAC contractor. My personal truck is a 10 yr. old F150, and it's time to replace it. I am looking at Colorados and find that their power to weight ratio is better than the Tacomas. Road handling characteristics are better too. I have some concerns about the first year product. Overheating has been mentioned on another forum. Also someone mentioned integral brake rotor and hubs? Any input will be apreciated.
post #25 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM

Hey All,

My name is Adam - Just placed an order for a Black Z85 LS Crew Cab - really excited (and now.....................I wait). I live in Northern Jersey with my wife and 2 1/2 yr. old daughter (she rocks!). I am a Project Manager for Tommy Hilfiger (in NYC) - This will be my first p/u after years of wagons and SUV's. Can't hardly wait.

Thanks to everyone for their insight into this truck...it was very helpful to get your opinions/criticisms prior to placing an order.
post #26 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:39 AM

A late intro :

Hi everyone,My name is David ,but you can call me Dave or dass(my initials).I've worked in nearly every automotive field at one time or another;Body Shop, Sales, Service and even a Limo Service.I could tell ya some stories about the limo experiences, but NOT on this forum ! Spent 20 years restoring historical buildings .Now I drive for a transportation agency. Semi-retired at 53 and my wife is a Teacher. Kids are all grown up...I guess I SHOULD too some day !!!
post #27 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 09:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to KC-Sunburst-Z
Just Took delivery!

A proud new owner of a Sunburst CrewCab 4x4.
I am a single guy in KC that just graduated from University of Nebraska. Currently working in the Outdoor Power Equipment industry, and am a weekend gearhead. I am looking forward to giving my 2-cents on the forum, as current posts were valuable when inspecting my new Z71. with less than 24 hrs. of ownership, I couldn't be happier with the purchase! Pics to come soon! Thanks for all the great information that I have recieved from the forum, and I am excited to post information on the upgrades that are soon to follow!

2004 Sunburst Orange Crew Z-71
3.5L I5, 4x4, Rhino Liner
1997 Tahoe (For Sale)
post #28 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to novablue77
Hi my name is David and I own a 1977 nova hatback. It was a great first car, for me, but noe I want a truck. I love the new Colorado and the Canyon and hope to get one soon.

I'm a resraunt manager out of Bothell, WA.
post #29 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 10:13 AM

Hi, I'm John from IL. Owner of a very fun to drive Red LS ZO8 regular cab manual "truck".

2004 Colorado Sport LS ZQ8
Standard Cab, Sliding rear window
Manual Transmission
Truxedo bed cover
Mobil 1
post #30 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 09:47 AM

Hi, my name is Michael and I happened to stumble accross the forum while searching for news and info about the new Colorado. I recently purchased a Sunburst Crew Cab Z71 Colorado reading only 23 miles on the odometer. I love the truck, definitley the best purchase I've made. I traded in a '89 S-10 Blazer s**tbox...got about $900 for it! At any rate, I'm looking to gather some information about accessories, modifications, and the like. I work in the recreation industry in Blacksburg, VA. I coordinate youth and adult athletics as well as outdoor trips and adventure. Pictures will be coming soon!
post #31 of 703 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 PM

Hi, My name is Justin. I just picked up my white z85 reg cab on tuesday 3/23/04. I'm 24 and I work for a construction company. I work in the office at the jobsites so i don't need a big truck tow anything. I love the colorado it rides like a car and I can carry small tools and other things I need to take to jobsites and I don't have to throw them into the trunk or backseat my monte carlo anymore.

This is my first truck of anykind. I never liked trucks that much until i saw the colorado. It's a Beautiful thing.
post #32 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 05:16 PM

Great Site!!!

I have a Colorado Crew Cab Z71. Silver Birch. This is the first Pick-up I've ever owned and I love this truck so far. I picked it up on 3.10.2004 when the 1999 Grand Am GT I was driving had some mechanical issues & I decided to buy a new truck rather then put $2,500 into a 5 year old car. I had to make a decision that afternoon and I'm happy with my choice.

I live in Northern New Jersey with my wife and 2 year old daughter.
post #33 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 09:16 PM

I just realized that I never really introduced myself here,
My name is Vincent, I'm a thirtysomething year old kid at heart. I'm still not sure what I want to do when I grow up. But for now, my two passions in life are tournament paintball and home theater.
In the 18+ years I have been driving I have owned three Fords and an S-10. I've had my Colorado for a couple of weeks now, and I'm lovin' it!

My friends call me Vinny,
And I am an Infidel!
post #34 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to J_Carey
HI ALL! I got my new colorado ext cab 2wd a couple weeks ago. I'm 19 and live in Shelby Twp. MI. Look forward to learnin a lot of useful tips on the site!

One more question....how do i get my name to say Colorado owner, rather then the colorado curious??? Thanks.

2004 Colorado ext. cab Z-85, Black Exterior, Very Dark Pewter Interior
My Truck
Conservative Club #18

Dont Get Wenzeled!
post #35 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rogginator
once one of the admins sees that you are indeed a colorado owners, they will change it and put you in the mysterious "colorado owners group". BTW, is yours a Z85, ZQ8, or Z71? you can also put pictures up in the gallery and such.

89 TA - my car, soon to be replaced
03 Mini - wifes car, wish it was mine
post #36 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kdeatrick Send a message via MSN to kdeatrick Send a message via Yahoo to kdeatrick
Roginnator,

You are correct, and the it is done...

J_carey is no longer Colorado Curious (My new rank for a new user), He is now Colorado Z85 Owner...

Ken Deatrick
CT15653 - 2004 COLORADO 4WD LS EXT CAB Z85 My CarDomain Gallery
Mods:
Silver GM Hood Protector, Silver GM Small Flares, Factory Style Fog Lamps added
Rhino Liner, Fold-A-Cover, Carriage Works Billet Grille, Silverstar Bulbs
post #37 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 PM

Hello

I just purchased a new Colorado Z-71 Crew cab and was joining the post to see what kind of aftermark products were out there and see what others had done.

Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
post #38 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 01:48 PM
S2k

Send a message via AIM to S2k
Welcome! You got any big plans off the top of your head??

There isn't a ton from the aftermarket yet, other than things like bed covers, vent visors, etc. We're still waiting on the "big things" like lift/lower kits, performance parts, "dress up", etc...

04 Victory Red Colorado LS Ex. Cab Z-71 4x4
3.5L I5 Auto @ ~245 HP & 3.73 Gears
31x10.5" BFG ATs, Line-X, Access Cover, K&N FIPK, Hoens
~80000 Mi.
post #39 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 02:00 PM

Thanks... Right now I am looking for some side steps, a Tonneau cover and a spray in bed liner. I noticed that in the aftermarket world I just didn't see anything much, but this is a relatively new truck I guess.
Big plans are to raise it, add a beefed up exhaust and get some tires and rims that do the body justice.

Hey, what was with all that noise about the skid plates I read on another message board? I have to double check b/c invoice just said 'skid plates' and not 'aluminum skid plates'. What was the verdict on that? Are we all going to call GM and get skid plates?

Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
post #40 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 02:14 PM
S2k

Send a message via AIM to S2k
Well, you can get all that stuff you're looking for immediately w/no problems.

The verdict is that GM is giving us (or, rather, koolz71) the runaround and saying that all of their literature is "subject to change". It looks like if you're gonna raise a stink w/anyone at this point, it should be the Better Business Bureau.

04 Victory Red Colorado LS Ex. Cab Z-71 4x4
3.5L I5 Auto @ ~245 HP & 3.73 Gears
31x10.5" BFG ATs, Line-X, Access Cover, K&N FIPK, Hoens
~80000 Mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode