Welcome Everyone - Page 3 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 05:21 PM

awe crap...

On the specs for the colorado, it does say a composite skid plate that covers all the way to the oil pan

I just looked under mine and it doesn't look like it goes all the way to the oil pan. Is it two pieces on teh skid plate or am I just not looking at it right?

Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
S2k

Send a message via AIM to S2k
I looked under mine this weekend, and all I saw was the plastic one in the front. Supposedly there's a little metal one under there somewhere, but I couldn't see it...

04 Victory Red Colorado LS Ex. Cab Z-71 4x4
3.5L I5 Auto @ ~245 HP & 3.73 Gears
31x10.5" BFG ATs, Line-X, Access Cover, K&N FIPK, Hoens
~80000 Mi.
post #43 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hello Palagyib,

Welcome to the site.
Please see This thread concerning the skid plates, there is a ton of discussion there.

Just trying to keep the thread on subject.

Ken Deatrick
2017 COLORADO 4WD LT EXT CAB Z85

2004 COLORADO 4WD LS EXT CAB Z85 - CT15653
Mods:
Silver GM Hood Protector, Silver GM Small Flares, Factory Style Fog Lamps added
Rhino Liner, Fold-A-Cover, Carriage Works Billet Grille, Silverstar Bulbs

1957 BELAIR 4 DOOR HARD TOP

My CarDomain Gallery

post #44 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 06:00 AM

Sorry, I will move over to that link.

Hey, thanks for the change from a colorado curious to a owner.. Now I feel like I belong.. :)

Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4
post #45 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 03:35 PM

Future "Partial" Owner

I'm Bryan and I have been looking at Colorado's for awhile now. I plan on getting one for my first car. I've looked at Rangers, Tacomas, Frontiers, and Dakotas and I feel the Colorado is the best out there right now. My dad agreed to pay for it because he has been looking for a light truck for odd jobs. I finally convinced him to look at the Colorado and he fell in love. In the beginning he wanted a Ranger. he is a Ford man. So hopefully within the next few months I will get to join you guys as lucky Colorado owners.
post #46 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 03:44 PM
S2k

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal you're swinging there!

My parents bought my first vehicle. Of course, it was a 7 year old rust bucket '89 S-10 for $6000. ;)

~80000 Mi.
post #47 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 03:53 PM

Howdy All,

I'm V.L. from Tyler, TX. As the Username indicates, I currently drive a "slow S-10" ('98 ext. cab 4-banger), but hopefully not too much longer. Seriously, the S-10 has has been an o.k. truck (over 6 years and 80,000 miles now), but I'm about ready for a Colorado.
post #48 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 04:56 PM

Hey everybody,
I'm Bill from Illinois.I've been checking out your site for a while now and it's great. I learned alot and , after a test drive at a local dealer, I'm gettin' me a silver or black colorado crew cab z71.
post #49 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 01:45 PM

Hey guys! My name is Aaron, I live in Somerset, KY. I'm a compliance officer at a local community bank. My wife and I were out for an evening ride yesterday when we decided to just cruise through the local Chevy dealer. Next thing I know, I'm signing on the dotted line to purchase a new victory red crew cab Z71 4x4. I'll be taking delivery of the truck in about four hours. I can't wait!

2008 Colorado Z85 LS Reg. Cab 2wd w/ G80

2004 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4x4 (sold 5/2007)
post #50 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
S2k

Welcome!

You'll find everything you need to know on here, and if you don't, I'm sure we'd be willing to discuss it. ;)

~80000 Mi.
post #51 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 11:46 PM

boy do i have questions!

Hi, I'm Dennis, work as a mechanical engineer in the Northeast, and will hopefully be a new Colorado owner soon! I've been eyeing the Z71 4x4 LS 1SE package and am trying to learn as much as I can from this great site (pluses and minuses) about this awesome truck! Boy do I have questions....

1. I've already gotten price quotes from two dealerships (and seeking about 3 more and doing the online quotes too) and it looks like they have to factory order my options (6-8 week wait) - rrrrr... Can anyone recommend dealerships in the Northeast that carry huge Colorado inventories and/or can sell the truck at better than invoice price? Both dealers have quoted me invoice (options at invoice also).

2. I'm also getting hit with a 1.5% "advertising fee" (which one dealer lowered from 3%!) and a $200 "dealer admin fee." Are you having similar experiences? (I'm thinking this is all BS...)

3. Does Chevy historically extend the same finance options (rebates, 0% interest, etc) after the mid-year cutoff?

4. Also, would anyone have an idea about the cutoff date the factory (Shreveport, LA) will stop taking orders? The dealers are saying it's "soon" but it sounds like another pressure tactic...

5. Lastly, is there any info (threads?) on what changes Chevy will make on 2005 Colorados? I'm wondering if I should wait for the next model year to seize on any improvements.

Thanks for any advice!

D-Nice
post #52 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 11:55 PM

Welcome,
Have you tried GMbuypower.com? It allows you to make the truck you want, and search the inventories of most every GM dealer in the country.
And there was a thread about upcoming changes, the only thing I remember was a color change. . . but there was more.
The search function here is really useful for finding specific info.

My friends call me Vinny,
And I am an Infidel!
post #53 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
#2 is BS

#3 Probably will remain at 0% finance.

#4 The cutoff is probably June if not before.

#5 Check this thread for the official GM Links. I have a link to the 2004 and 2005 Ordering book.
Not much has changed. The shade of Blue is changed.

Ken Deatrick
2017 COLORADO 4WD LT EXT CAB Z85

2004 COLORADO 4WD LS EXT CAB Z85 - CT15653
Mods:
Silver GM Hood Protector, Silver GM Small Flares, Factory Style Fog Lamps added
Rhino Liner, Fold-A-Cover, Carriage Works Billet Grille, Silverstar Bulbs

1957 BELAIR 4 DOOR HARD TOP

My CarDomain Gallery
post #54 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 08:29 AM

Just to clarify the response from kdeatrick on #2:
The advertising fee is not BS, as explained by the GM Buypower guy on another thread. The dealer admin fee, however, is BS.

If you would consider a Canyon, I can refer you to the dealer in central PA where I have mine ordered. Dealer says mine will be the first one sold from that dealership. They have six on the lot now, 3 have been there since Feb. when I ordered mine. I would think they'd be anxious to move them off the lot.

Steve

Member: NWTF, NRA, USGA, AARP
post #55 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:18 PM

Scarecrow/kdeatrick/Shireman:

Yep, tried GMbuypower.com. I will continue looking there. If anyone can help me narrow down the list, that would be great! (I PM'd you Shireman.)

I used the search function - nice! - and read up on the 2005 changes. Interesting someone brought up a 2005 mp3 player, but it's not in the online 2005 Ordering book. The listed 2005 changes are minor - is it common for Chevy to partially announce new model year changes early on (tease us?) and then fully release all the changes whenever the model officially starts?

Thanks for the advice on the advertising/admin fees, cutoff dates, and finance info! Interestingly, a dealer from RI charged me no fees except for a $20 document fee... man, some of these dealers are amazing!

I'll keep you posted on my findings (internet, dealer, etc) sometime next week - maybe it'll help someone else in their purchase also!
post #56 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 PM

Good luck!

My friends call me Vinny,
And I am an Infidel!
post #57 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 09:40 PM

D-Nice, here is what I found for the Colorado 2005, which is not much.

Deletions
Exterior color (39U) Indigo Blue Metallic

New Features
Exterior color (22U) Superior Blue Metallic
(R7L) Power Convenience Package Not Desired has been added on Regular and Extended Cab Models with 1SB, 1SE and 1SH equipment groups

Changes
(NW7) Traction control, electronic is now required with (G80) Differential, automatic, locking, rear on 2WD models
(ZQ6) Power Convenience Package is now packaged on (YC3) LS décor Crew Cab Models
Must specify (ZQ6) Power Convenience Package or (R7L) (ZQ6) Power Convenience Package, delete on all (YC3) LS decor Regular and Extended Cab models.
post #58 of 703 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmb
D-Nice, here is what I found for the Colorado 2005, which is not much.

Deletions
Exterior color (39U) Indigo Blue Metallic

New Features
Exterior color (22U) Superior Blue Metallic
(R7L) Power Convenience Package Not Desired has been added on Regular and Extended Cab Models with 1SB, 1SE and 1SH equipment groups

Changes
(NW7) Traction control, electronic is now required with (G80) Differential, automatic, locking, rear on 2WD models
(ZQ6) Power Convenience Package is now packaged on (YC3) LS décor Crew Cab Models
Must specify (ZQ6) Power Convenience Package or (R7L) (ZQ6) Power Convenience Package, delete on all (YC3) LS decor Regular and Extended Cab models.
Thanks oldmb. I did a search on "2005" and stumbled on the 2005 Online Order info. Since the 2004 model year is almost ending, I was hoping for some more radical 2005 changes which might incorporate fixes to some of the service bulletins discussed in this site. By the way, is there any guarantee or time frame for a fix on ANY of the service bulletins? Or are the bulletins simply just a "yes, we acknowledge the problem but we'll fix it whenever" i.e. three or four model years later? Thanks!
post #59 of 703 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 02:27 AM

Hi, my name is Justin. Im a soon-to-be owner of a black zq8 ls reg cab, I-5 with manual tran.

2004 ZQ8 LS- 3.5 I5 AT, 3.73 w/LD
K&N FIPK | Gibson Swept Side | BFG KDW 255/45-17
Billet Bowtie/Grill/Antenna | SirMichaels Rollpan
OEM Soft Tonneau | Jet Servo | Tuned
4203 Springs | 1" Belltech Blocks | Cleared Headlights
Infinity Kappa 60.5cs | Infinity Basslink
~44,000mi
post #60 of 703 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 01:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to BeeW Send a message via MSN to BeeW
Hi all, my name is Brian Winn and unfortunately I don’t have a Colorado yet. I’m from Bountiful, UT. but I’m currently working in Kuwait as a civilian Desk Sergeant for the MP’s so I can save some money for school when I return. I own a 03 Eclipse GTS, it’s been a fun car but my friends and I spend most of our weekends off roading and camping so it’s time to say goodbye. I had a 84 S-10 and a 99 S-15, I loved those little bastards and since I can’t afford a full size while going to school full time I couldn’t think of anything better than this new badass. I have a great chance here in Kuwait to get a great deal on one, all of the US car manufactures sell vehicles through AAFES (post exchange) with a manufacture discount plus the rebates, and what AAFES does is guarantee the cheapest price out of any dealer in the country. I talked to the sales guy and told him I want a 05 Z71 ext cab, with the power options, bucket seats, sliding rear window, side air bags, the bed extender, and five-year warrantee. He quoted me at $23, 200, does that sound about right? Anyways, it’s nice to be hear and it looks like a great board with some good info.

I'd rather be judged by twelve, than be carried by six.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode