A dash Harness - Page 2 - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 07:39 PM

A blown fuse, or one of the pins backed out of one end of the connector when you plugged them back in?

2005 5 cyl, Black on Black, 4 door
2016 Z71, Black, Long Box, 4 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

If a pin backed out would it be as simple to push it back in?
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon92D View Post
If a pin backed out would it be as simple to push it back in?
Absolutely.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 09:52 PM

The connectors have terminal position locks. The terminal pins shouldn't be able to move.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart7881 View Post
The connectors have terminal position locks. The terminal pins shouldn't be able to move.
But I have seen way too many in my days that wiggled out to ever take them for granted. Also, any time I am troubleshooting an electrical gremlin, the 1st place I always go to is, where the last person worked on the electrical system. In this case, he did not have any of these problems (if I read it correctly) until he went into this harness...... although, he might have also disconnected some others in the process and simply forgot to plug another harness back together. Anything is possible I suppose.

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 06:52 AM

I use the same thought process and I agree that his new problem is probably associated with the connector that was disconnected. However, he didn't mention disconnecting the battery. Disconnecting connectors, that include circuits on the battery bus, without first disconnecting the battery can lead to problems. It confuses the Modules. After checking the condition of the terminals and fuses my next suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes or so.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

The only time I have disconnected the battery was when I was splicing the new piece of wire together. When I get home today I'm going to check the fuses. Just curious if you guys know exactly what fuse it is. I believe I know but just want to double check that I'm checking the right one.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

OK well everything is working but the air is still not working. Does the wire for sure run the hvac system?
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 06:51 AM

If the wire that you spliced is brown, that is the power to the blower. If you look at the blower connector you will see where that brown wire ends. There is another connector you can check, but I assumed that it was already looked at because you mentioned replacing the HVAC harness.

Open the glove box all the way by pressing in on the sides to release the stops. Look straight forward and you will see a connector with 10 wires clipped to the HVAC case. I don't have a picture of that yet. Check the terminals, especially the ones for the brown wire.

Do you have a multimeter or test light?

Reading back through this Thread, I see that you indicated a problem with the fan making a noise when running and you didn't report finding a solution for that. If something is caught in the fan it could be preventing it from turning. I would suggest removing the fan and checking inside the case for foreign objects. While you have the fan removed you could get some jumper wires and test it using the truck battery. Match the terminals with the connector i.e. brown is power and orange is ground.

Last edited by cart7881; 11-22-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode