WT to LT Dash Upgrade - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

WT to LT Dash Upgrade

I own a 2012 Chevrolet Colorado WT 4 cylinder. Being a WT it locks out everything in the dash except for the odometer screen and one trip measurement. I am sure that GM had disabled these functions on WTs as an incentive to get people to upgrade to a LT or more costly model.

I have been surprised that the truck still seems to track oil consumption ( i get an alarm around ~10k miles), tire pressures (if they get low i receive an alarm), and a few others.

Has anyone found a way to make the dash on a WT display more info? The body control module seems to know everything it just wolnt tell the dash. Wondering if i can hack the system!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

I have an LT and that is all the info I get... odometer, trip, oil life, tire pressure warning, I also a warning when the abs/stabili-trac and traction control is off(4x4 lo) or malfunctioning . What other info are you trying to get on the DIC ?

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods

Last edited by GregDAP; 03-15-2017 at 08:59 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

All i get on mine is the mileage, one trip, and that is it. After about 10,000 miles i get an oil warning and if the ABS or Traction Control is turned off that will sound an alarm. No tire pressures are visible but if one goes down it will say something to the effect TPS low.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

That is all I get. It will not display actual tire pressures. There is no LT dash upgrade. Not sure what other info you want displayed

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods

Last edited by GregDAP; 03-15-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode