Which Inner Tie Rod End? - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

Which Inner Tie Rod End?

Apologies if this isn't the proper location or I didn't search well enough. New to the community.

Coming home one evening I dodged a fox and slammed my truck up against a curve pretty hard. Cracked two rims and Im told I need to replace both the inner and outer tie rod ends on both the drivers&passengers sides. Im ok with this. The problem is what type of Inner rods do I get. I got to the parts counter at a local store, then when asked if it was 'Torsion Bar' or 'Coils' I blanked and said I would get back to him. Google hasn't been as helpful as I would've liked. Was hoping someone could answer that question here.

On a 05 Colorado LS, 2 wheel drive, would the Inner TREs be Coil or Torsion Bar type?

Thanks very much for your time,
Rollin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:33 AM

to C'Fans.

Your truck will have coil spring suspension. Torsion bars are on 4wd trucks and later model 2wd with V-8 engines.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Im an idiot. I thought it was something totally different. Thanks much Cart, Appreciated

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinlo View Post
Im an idiot.
Don't think like that. This is why this forum exists, to help out with those type of questions.

2016 Colorado LT 4X4 | Crew Cab | Long Box | Red Rock Metallic | Convenience Package | BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover | Westin Stainless Steel 4" Pro TraXX Oval Side Step Bars
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

2004-2012 2wd z71 have torsion bars. A simple way to check is to look at the front shock absorber. If it has a coil spring wrapped around it you have coil springs. If it just a bare shock then you have torsion bars. Or check the rpo codes in the glove box.... look for z71 or z85 or zq8

2011 Colorado CC Z71 2LT 4X4 3.7L with a few mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode