Replacement Grill Clips - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Replacement Grill Clips

I know from experience that the clips that hold the grill on are prone to failure and breakage when removing the grill and that the dealers won't sell the clips alone, just the grill as an entire assembly. I have found the clips for sale at AU-VE-CO or http://www.auveco.com

I bought a box of these and they were perfect and I was able use what I needed and I sold the rest individually on ebay for $1 each and man did they sell fast. Considered buying more and selling them but it just didn't seem worth my time. So here I am sharing this valuable info with all of you.

Auveco Item# 17195
friesentech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Replacement Grill Clips

I bought mine at a Chevy dealer for $.53 each. He had an unopened package of 10 so I just took them all for a little over $5.00. I think I only used 2 or 3.

Unless something has changed they should be available from most any GM dealer. This was 2 years ago, but I got some at a small dealer that I stopped by in a rural area between Bean Station and Knoxville, Tennessee. He had them in stock.

I looked at their catalog. I can not imagine how you ever found them in their catalog.

Were you able to order them direct or did you have to call one of their distributors?

Thanks for the find in case they are no longer available from GM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

when i took my grille off they all broke and i just left them broken, its been that way for over a year and ive had no poprblem becuase the light clips are so much stronger then the plastic clips
Jet performance module stage 1 tune up
2" Tb crank
springtech 2" rear shackles
31" futura scrambler A/P

mud club member #31
wkrdrd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

I ordered them on the site directly and spent under $20 for a box of 25 delivered. I think I search the site for grill clips and then looked at all of them till I found something that looked right. I had caliper measurements from my broken clips and these seemed right but I was still a little worried since they didn't reference our truck at all. I hate rattles so I always make sure all my fasteners are in great shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9cv
I bought mine at a Chevy dealer for $.53 each. He had an unopened package of 10 so I just took them all for a little over $5.00. I think I only used 2 or 3.

Unless something has changed they should be available from most any GM dealer. This was 2 years ago, but I got some at a small dealer that I stopped by in a rural area between Bean Station and Knoxville, Tennessee. He had them in stock.

I looked at their catalog. I can not imagine how you ever found them in their catalog.

Were you able to order them direct or did you have to call one of their distributors?

Thanks for the find in case they are no longer available from GM.
friesentech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.