paint peeling - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

ColoradoFans.com is the premier Colorado Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2006, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default paint peeling

hi guys. I have an 04 cc. Today I was looking it over an noticed that the paint was peeling around the window on the rear drivers side door at the bottom rear edge where the trim pieces meet paint is bubbling and has started to peel . Anybody else had this problem? My 3yr warr is finished,
anybody know if this is still covered under something else.
magnum deflecta shield
husky mud flaps
raptor series nerf bars
advance folding cover
silverstar lights
weathertech floorliners
michelin ltx
07 kodiak 450se
and love my truck even more now

jjja
jjja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the exact same issue...started around 120 000 kms (75 000 miles) I think. I'm new but I think I'll post some pictures. The paint is peeling on the lower aft corner of all 4 of my door windows pretty badly. I've noticed on an almost every other colly/canyon I've seen on the road or in parking lots as well. I'll check around this site a bit more to see if there's already another post about this (I'm very surprised I haven't found a bunch of posts already). If not I'll post some pics and start a new thread.
This site has helped me a lot with my truck (CD player fuse re&re, interior light bulb number (#561 btw), HVAC resistor and harness). Thanks for all the help and I look forward to contributing!
smitty19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah its very common with these trucks, I have a CC and had this problem with the rear doors, bottom back corner of both windows, to fix i took off my inner door panels, rolled down windows and then the bottom rubber seal or "trim" lifts straight up, its tight but work one side of the seal and then the other, while pulling up and it will come off, after that piece is out you can then pull off side seals, sand down rust to bare metal, I had some body primer then color matched paint then clear coated, looks awesome, no more rust, I also took a q-tip dipped in some grease and greased the inside of the corner to prevent future rusting, make sure to tape everything off before painting, dont want overspray! put it all back together and you would never know it was painted unless you really took a good look at it.
SkyJacker AAL
TB Krank 3"
Rancho RS5000's
49" LED Tailgate Lightbar
AVS In-Channels
AVS Chrome Bug Deflector
SuperSparkz Coil Pack Spring Delete courtesy SuperModulation
K&N
Gutted Manifold Cat
PerforMaxx 1.5" Body Lift
My Truck, My Project, My Hobby:
BColoradoS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know this is old, but I am going to tackle this project once it warms up. I have a 2005 Crew z71, black. I have been touching up the passanger side for over a year now keeping it in check. the trim keeps getting a rusty look, and I'm ready to fix it for good I hope. Now I see that the drivers side is doing it not only on the back lower corner, but also the front now has a huge bubble. My truck only has 54K on it, and I am worried it will start to look like crap before it mechanically starts acting up. Even if it runs good, I will not tolerate rust. Basic black should be easy to match, but does that trim come off pretty easy? Can I get away with brushing it good with touch up paint, or should I spray it. I should have no problen getting the inside panels off, and may do the speakers while I'm in there. Any tips appreciated. Was going to start a thread, but found this in the search. Thanks all, sooooo glad I found this site years ago!! I was thinking jsut remove the trim, paint the crap out of everything, and put it back. All that is actually visible is a small spot bout the size of a dime, and it has not started to turn the corner yet to the door.
jdrphs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

My 07' Colorado with 54,000 miles paint is peeling of my driver's side fender flare (z71 style). It did not start with a chip it just all of a sudden started peeling and then I forgot about it and went to the car wash and let's just say I wish I would have left it dirty. The flares were installed with the truck, and it is not just the clearcoat peeling you can see the primer. Getting it repainted next week.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

my paint is peeling in the rockers, and wheel wells. each wash removes more paint. I have been cleaning up the rust and repainting since it started peeling put it just keeps peeling right to cleen metal. GM needs to address this.
norton750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.