Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Engine 2.9L Or 3.7L

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Georgiaz71 
#1 ·
:clueless OK In One Part Of The window Sticker,It Says Under Mechanical Vortec 2.9L I4 And At The Top Of Sticker It Has Vortec 3.7 I5 Under The Hood It Has 3.7

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
All the stickers have the I4 listed, as its the base engine, so it comes standard on every truck.

If your sticker has the I5 listed, then it has the I5 in it. It gets listed on the sticker as optional equipment, so the I4 will be there as well. If you didn't have the I5, it wouldn't be listed on your sticker at all.

#3 ·
lol. then it sounds like it's a 3.7. i think all z71s are 3.5 or 3.7 i don't think z71s come in the 4 bangers...don't hold me to that though?

#5 ·
yeah, if you say under the hood it's 3.7 then bottom line...that's what it is. LOL. i guess it just said 2.9 under engine b/c that's one of the options...? who knows, mystery solved though case closed.

#7 ·
i thought it might be that way. because my gpa has a z71 4x4 and he said it was a 4 banger, but it's also the first truck he's ever had so i wasn't exactly sure on the reliabilty...old man...forgets EVERYTHING. lol. and i have a 5L 2wd z71

#9 ·
my g pas 4 banger z71 4x4 is 4 door.

#10 ·
Dillusion said:
naskie18 said:
Georgiaz71 said:
lol. then it sounds like it's a 3.7. i think all z71s are 3.5 or 3.7 i don't think z71s come in the 4 bangers...don't hold me to that though?
You can get a Z71 with the 4 cyl.

You can get a 2WD Z71, too.
Not the 4 door I believe.
True, can't get a 4-door Z71 I4.

#13 ·
i know for sure his is a z71 4x4 and i assumed it was 3.5. he said it was a 2.7 though. that's why i said i wasn't sure if he was positive on his engine size because it just came up in casual conversation. when naskie said you could get a z71 4 banger i just thought that m gpa was right about his displacement. the only thing i'm not sure about is his displacement. i know it is a 4 door z71 4x4 though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.