P0014 - 06 Colorado - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

P0014 - 06 Colorado

Hello, I am new to posting on forums, but have been searching and reading lots of helpful things here for a while. I hope that I am posting in the right spot.

I have an 06 Colorado (185k miles), and last night the check engine light came on. I checked the code and the only one I have is P0014.
After reading some other post about this, I see most have idling problems, reduced power, and/or stalling, etc.
I am not having any of that, the truck seems to be running fine.
I did pull the Camshaft Actuator Solenoid Valve and looked it over. The screens are still intact, and it didn't look clogged up.
Could this still be the culprit even though I am running fine? I am thinking I need to replace it with the updated gm part anyway.
Any suggestions about this code, when the truck is running good?

A little history on the truck(because I am not sure if all of this is related or not):

Back in November it threw a P0601 code and was going into reduced power. That's the only code my reader found. The parts place scanned it and found a code for multiple misfires, and a code that had to do with the thermostat (sorry, I cant remember what they were) Also tested the battery, it had a dead cell at the post. Replaced the battery and spark plugs. (Thermostat code still never came back) No codes for about 2 weeks, driving around 80 miles a day. Then P0601 came back. A mechanic replaced the throttle body. All was well for another 2 weeks. P0601 again. The mechanic kept it for a week and checked all the wiring, he didnt find any problems there. At this point it is going into reduced power every time it gets to temp while idling in the driveway. I ordered a stock PCM from PCM of NC. Put that on and had the CASE relearn done. Oh..I also had the infamous P0449 during all of this. I replaced the solenoid and now that is taken care of. I also thought I needed to replace the idler pulley and the belt since it was squealing, but after I replaced PCM it doesnt squeal..not sure what to think of that. After replacing the PCM it seems to run fantastic. Now after driving for another 2 weeks it has the P0014, but not running bad at all.

My stomach kind of sinks when my husband calls now, because I just know he's going to tell me there is something else wrong with this truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:43 AM

not much traffic here on the first Gen's, try over on 355nation.net posting under I4/I5 Engine & Drivetrain ....

2012 Aqua-Blue|Z85CrewCab|2.9L/Auto 3:73|K&N filter|B&M TransCooler|GMTrans corvette servo|Aeroforce Scangauge|Tonno Pro

Traded 2012 Silver|Z85CrewCab|3.7L/Auto 3:73|K&N filter|B&M TransCooler|OPT corvette servo|AVT 89Tune|Dynomax 17749|Scangauge II|Truxedo Truxport cover

RIP 2005 White|Z85CrewCab|3.5L/Auto 3:42|K&N filter|B&M TransCooler|Jet-Servo|PCMforless 89 Tune|Dynomax 17749|Aeroforce Scangauge|Black Maxx cover
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

thank you so much, I will try that.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 06:30 PM

Garage
Purchased my truck last month and after 2-1/2 weeks of owning it,had the same problem. Truck was still running fine. after reading up,I bought a new ECAS. The old one still looked good but replaced it anyway. No problem with a CEL since then.

Chevy Newbie
'06 Crew cab Z71 4x4.3.5l I5,a/t
Stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode